Sri Lanka - No Cannabis in Dehiwala and Mt Lavinia these days

MalKumara

I buy Cannabis from a taxi driver in Dehiwala. I go there and get in to his taxi, and he drives to the coastal area, near the beach, the shanty town. I don't even get down at there. I give him money. He will go and get me the stuff and come back while I'm waiting in his taxi.

One package is about 2grams, packed in a bundle and covered in a paper or polythene package with two or three rolling papers. I rarely use the rolling papers, I prefer my bong. One package of 2 grams costs about Rs100 (approx 1US$).

Once he get the stuff, he drives to the main road and on the way he would pass it to me. I would pay the hire and another Rs100 tip and get away ASAP.

For the past few days I was trying to get few packets, but it is not available anymore. It is an old lady in the shanty town who sells the stuff and she is telling me to grow coz she couldn't get it anymore either.

The thing is that recently the police have confiscated 5kg of cannabis in Kavdana, and that is making it difficult to obtain. They say 1kg would cost about Rs22,000 (approx 200US$). They are telling that they have to double the price.

There is a big risk to sell the stuff because the police always target the dealers than users, and users can easily get away with a bribe. The negative stigma is always about the dealer, not the user.

I'm also looking forward to grow a couple of plants.

Back
Top Bottom