St. Louis: Metro East's First Medical Marijuana Dispensary Opens

Robert Celt

The Metro East's first medical cannabis dispensary opens in Collinsville today.

HCI Alternatives, 1014 Eastport Plaza Drive in Collinsville, will open at noon. Its normal business hours will be from from noon to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday.

HCI CEO Chris Stone tells KMOX 89 patients have registered to purchase their cannabis at the dispensary. He says on its first day, it will offer 14 types of flowers and a chocolate form.

"I think it's going to be a good product selection for them to start off at first, with the idea that they can learn about the product and learn what's going to help them," Stone says.

Different strains do provide different types of relief.

"Some are going to provide you with energy and focus," Stone says. "Some are going to provide you with a sense of calming. Especially ones that are higher in CBDs are going to be able provide that nice calming feeling for your muscles and your joints."

The dispensary will open with 8 to 12 staff members, including those who will help patients decide which type of cannabis is right for them. Stone says it might take a visit or two for the staff and patients to determine the proper strain and dosage.

"Patients will be able to come back and say, 'You know what, this dosing was not enough, or this dosing was too much, or the product did this to me and I prefer that it do that,'" Stone says.

The cannabis sells for up to $450 an ounce, $60 dollars an 1/8 of an ounce or $15 a gram. It's not covered by insurance, and while the dispensary will eventually accept debit cards, it currently only takes cash.

Customers need to have registered to purchase cannabis at the Collinsville dispensary. Stone says they should bring their medical marijuana card and driver's license.

hci-dispensary.png

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: St. Louis: Metro East's First Medical Marijuana Dispensary Opens
Author: Brian Kelly
Photo Credit: KMOX

Back
Top Bottom