Stage's 4x4 600W HPS/MH/LED - DWC - Coco - OG Kush - BC BigBud - Hybrid Grow

Re: Stage's -4x4 -600W HPS/MH -Platinum LED -DWC -Coco -OG Kush -BC BigBud - Hybrid G

Wow! Just found you today. Read cover to cover. Welcome back to growing. You did a great job coast to coast. Choice of strains, grow technique, lites, nutes, reportage, photography. Your thoroughness will make a clear path for anyone heading down that path.
Only wish I'd found it earlier. Congrats and respect.

Re: Stage's -4x4 -600W HPS/MH -Platinum LED -DWC -Coco -OG Kush -BC BigBud - Hybrid G

Seeing your harvest in jars is pretty damn fulfilling. I can just picture you over there rearranging the jars in different configurations settling on the pyramid of green like yup, this will be a sick pic! It looks amazing bro. How is the smell when you crack one of them open for burping? Is it straight dank smell or earthy?

Wow! Just found you today. Read cover to cover. Welcome back to growing. You did a great job coast to coast. Choice of strains, grow technique, lites, nutes, reportage, photography. Your thoroughness will make a clear path for anyone heading down that path.
Only wish I'd found it earlier. Congrats and respect.

What's going on Ranger?
Thanks for stopping by!
Your comments are deeply appreciated. When I did this journal I hoped to impart something
that would help others just as this site has helped me in my journey.
fellowship is very important. constructive feedback from your peers is very important to my learning process. I will stop by and check out your grow after work.
Peace

Seeing your harvest in jars is pretty damn fulfilling. I can just picture you over there rearranging the jars in different configurations settling on the pyramid of green like yup, this will be a sick pic! It looks amazing bro. How is the smell when you crack one of them open for burping? Is it straight dank smell or earthy?

Yo Paka!
The entire process of growing is fulfilling. But this part of it is really really satisfying!
Believe it or not the herb has reduced in volume over the past several days.
Took me a minute to realize that someone wasn't pinching off the stash. Lol
when I open the jars for burping. ..the smell is earthy as you said. The dank isn't yet 8n full effect.
I'm just happy to not have a hay smell at this point.
For the 1st 3 to 5 days I burp 2x a day. I take them out the jars and sit then on paper bags and run the oscillating fan over the top of them for an hour or so until the moisture on them dries and they are crispy on the outside spongy inside. I use the boveda but they are really there at this point to keep the RH form staying in the mold zone.
When 7 to 10 full days of curing is completed. i will weigh again.
These details will accompany my smoke report and final post.

congrats on your harvest stage! i received your pm :high-five:
yeah i second CareStaker, i felt a BIG difference when going full LED, i use PlatinumLED and they have awesome penetration power, just what you want for SCROG/main-lining/Fluxing :)

i have sticky fingers right now, it is my second ENTIRE day of defol, it is crazy work man, i'm drying my trimmings to make a killer BHO with them.
well i have to return to that hard work and finish it today before the maid come home to work tomorrow and smell this LOL

i will be waiting for your smoke report
please let me know when your next grow begins mate!
peace and love!!!

Yo Profesor! :thanks:
I admire SCROG grows.
I see that most SCROGS are highly efficient and produce canopies of colas.:circle-of-love:
I may try a scrog on my next grow, we will see. :hmmmm:
The PLED's are serious lights. I intend to buy additional LED (P600) for my next grow.

what seed company if any at all was ur og kush from im doing a o.g.kush coco grow as we speak,3 are nine days into flower,3 just put into today on 12/12 cycle.im going to update last one like week and half ago.just wandering who was the breeder of ur og,looks grate by the way:thumb::lot-o-toke::rollit::joint::passitleft::yummy::peace:ss61

what seed company if any at all was ur og kush from im doing a o.g.kush coco grow as we speak,3 are nine days into flower,3 just put into today on 12/12 cycle.im going to update last one like week and half ago.just wandering who was the breeder of ur og,looks grate by the way:thumb::lot-o-toke::rollit::joint::passitleft::yummy::peace:ss61

Yo superskunk61
thanks for the Compliment
The og I grew is Jordan of the islands. I will share my thoughts on the smoke once my stash is cured for a couple of weeks. Stay tuned.

thats what i do,grow me enough meds for the summer/fall,ur right the prices are outrageous,:peacetwo:ss61

Yo ss61,
At this stage (pun intended):cheesygrinsmiley: I cannot stomach the cost of keeping good meds.
You are right on about the Winter grow and the benefits of having enuf stash to last you when the weather is blazin out side you can find me chillin inside blazin! :thumb:

I can appreciate the wonderful feeling of always growing and tending to the ladies....but. I prefer to cycle on and off.
I can enjoy the harvest, analyze the previous grow and use the time off to shop for new strains and improve my grow tool box. :thumb:
No knock on summer growing, sometimes ya do what ya gotta do.
However, having a choice? Winter all the way!
The way I see it, if you take off the summer, you can begin droppin beans in Sept and have two harvests by March with a combo of photos and autos. This is what I am thinking of doing for Winter grow 2015.:peacetwo:

Whats good my dude?
:welcome: Groovy Bud! Thank you for the input.:Namaste:
This grow I decided to use Dutch Master Gold(DM) line of nutrients.
I read good reviews on the nutes and saw the flowers it grew.
On the DM website they explain that using their suite of nutes that you do NOT use beneficial (bennies) bacteria. Nor do they recommend adding cal/mag.
They call it a "sterile" reservoir.The root conditioner I use is called DM Zone. I use 5ml per 3.5 gallons and it keeps the root zone optimal for root growth.
Using Zone when your water temps are high helps kill bacteria including the bennie ones.
Since I don't grow in soil I liked the idea of a sterile grow. No pests or bugs the entire 110 day (current)
grow. No root issues at all.
I use 5 gal dwc pots and I can tell you the roots from this grow were white healthy and thick.
got_roots.JPG

The organic members here have strong cases for using "bennies".
I have no argument for using either method (synthetic/organic).
Who knows what the future grows hold for me? I may go hi-brix.:cheesygrinsmiley:

How did I miss that root action. Dwc makes me curl up in a baby fetis position. You seem to have it whipped and dialed. Good growing brother!
Respect

How did I miss that root action. Dwc makes me curl up in a baby fetis position. You seem to have it whipped and dialed. Good growing brother!
Respect

Good morning Pimpin!
Thank you for the kudos my dude. :thanks:
:peacetwo:

Yo stage you've had that tent empty for far too long now, what you waiting for ?

Yo stage you've had that tent empty for far too long now, what you waiting for ?

Yo Budddyy!!
Okayyy...here's the situation.... (In Fresh Prince voice 'Parents just don't understand').
tent_broken_down_2.jpg
tent_broke_down.jpg

Please refer to these posts from earlier in my journal.
I think it explains it all.:thanks:
From Post # 1
Winter Grow
My objective is to grow enough meds for me to last during the hot summer months.
I want to be able to enjoy travelling without sweating about whats going on in the garden.
Summer heat brings its own challenges to growing so I will take that time off.
I may rethink this if I get short on smoke, so I may use LED exclusively during warmer months but we will see.

From Post # 129
You are right on about the Winter grow and the benefits of having enuf stash to last you when the weather is blazin' out side you can find me chillin inside blazin!
I can appreciate the wonderful feeling of always growing and tending to the ladies....but. I prefer to cycle on and off.
I can enjoy the harvest, analyze the previous grow and use the time off to shop for new strains and improve my grow tool box.
No knock on summer growing, sometimes ya do what ya gotta do.
However, having a choice? Winter all the way!
The way I see it, if you take off the summer, you can begin droppin beans in Sept and have two harvests by March with a combo of photos and autos. This is what I am thinking of doing for Winter grow 2015

Stage:surf:

What a sad sight. I did remember you saying that you was not growing in summer, forgot this is worldwide for a min as its winter here. So enjoy your summer mate you lucky bugger :tommy::party:

What a sad sight. I did remember you saying that you was not growing in summer, forgot this is worldwide for a min as its winter here. So enjoy your summer mate you lucky bugger :tommy::party:

Cant lie Budddyy, it IS a sad sight. :rip::sorry:
Its cold and lifeless in that area where warmth, light and life existed just a couple weeks ago. :morenutes:
I am indeed going thru a post grow depression that I am currently taking meds for! LMAO!!!:rofl::rofl:
It's difficult to sit on the sidelines after bud tending for 130 days but, at least I can follow you and other herbalists to keep me up to date on things till i get back.
In the meantime I'll be getting everything packed away. Getting the area painted and insulated for spring cleaning. :thanks:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom