Stage's 4x4 600W HPS/MH/LED - DWC - Coco - OG Kush - BC BigBud - Hybrid Grow

Re: Stage's -4x4 -600W HPS/MH -Platinum LED -DWC -Coco -OG Kush -BC BigBud - Hybrid G

Hoping here almost by the end of the journey, I know I know, I should have bene here earlier. :p

My personal grow has been wrecked by some thieves and am starting all over again.

Just wondering, do you use any stimulants for the roots or enzymes? My last grow I had Cannazyme up which, in my mind, helped me keeping out the root rot possibility, without side effects. I'm wondering about Rizotonic but it has beneficial bacteria, and as so, it turns the DWC grow into something "organic" and might develop rot. What's your opinion on this?

Re: Stage's -4x4 -600W HPS/MH -Platinum LED -DWC -Coco -OG Kush -BC BigBud - Hybrid G

Other than that, really good looking bud! I just don't like the load of fans those strains put out. I feel that they create shadows and prevent light to penetrate and create some "under the skirt" growth.

+ Rep

Hoping here almost by the end of the journey, I know I know, I should have bene here earlier. :p

My personal grow has been wrecked by some thieves and am starting all over again.

Just wondering, do you use any stimulants for the roots or enzymes? My last grow I had Cannazyme up which, in my mind, helped me keeping out the root rot possibility, without side effects. I'm wondering about Rizotonic but it has beneficial bacteria, and as so, it turns the DWC grow into something "organic" and might develop rot. What's your opinion on this?

Whats good my dude?
:welcome: Groovy Bud! Thank you for the input.:Namaste:
This grow I decided to use Dutch Master Gold(DM) line of nutrients.
I read good reviews on the nutes and saw the flowers it grew.
On the DM website they explain that using their suite of nutes that you do NOT use beneficial (bennies) bacteria. Nor do they recommend adding cal/mag.
They call it a "sterile" reservoir.The root conditioner I use is called DM Zone. I use 5ml per 3.5 gallons and it keeps the root zone optimal for root growth.
Using Zone when your water temps are high helps kill bacteria including the bennie ones.
Since I don't grow in soil I liked the idea of a sterile grow. No pests or bugs the entire 110 day (current)
grow. No root issues at all.
I use 5 gal dwc pots and I can tell you the roots from this grow were white healthy and thick.
got_roots.JPG

The organic members here have strong cases for using "bennies".
I have no argument for using either method (synthetic/organic).
Who knows what the future grows hold for me? I may go hi-brix.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Other than that, really good looking bud! I just don't like the load of fans those strains put out. I feel that they create shadows and prevent light to penetrate and create some "under the skirt" growth.

+ Rep

Groovy Bud,
It's been over 10 yrs since I handled beans. I was very conservative during this run.
I agree that I could have defol'd a bit more.:thumb:

My goal was to relearn how to grow again and maybe end up with 8 to 10 zips.
Most indica dominant strains have large fan leaves and by default there should be some form of defol involved.
I did lollipop and made a decision to leave fan leaves. My reasoning is that the LST I did and using multiple lights would give good canopy penetration (no pun intended).:allgood: The tallest girl there is only 29 in. Not much canopy to penetrate here.
:420:

Dat root ball. Good god. I HAVE to try DWC. When I do, can I hit you up for some tips and pointers? I really don't want to get a bad taste for hydro by doing it wrong and getting the wrong outlook on it. If all goes well, I can dabble in DWC in about 2 months ;)

Dat root ball. Good god. I HAVE to try DWC. When I do, can I hit you up for some tips and pointers? I really don't want to get a bad taste for hydro by doing it wrong and getting the wrong outlook on it. If all goes well, I can dabble in DWC in about 2 months ;)
PakaCordova...the main reason for failure in my opinion in DWC is water temperature.
Water temps have to stay below 75 degrees. if you can do that you will be in root ball heaven.:thumb:

Good morning :420:
Thought I would post a quick update.
So I decided to test out the bud snip I picked 3 days ago.
And the results are IN: :cough:

Arggh! Why o Why didn't I flush before cutting this bud?
week_8_day_111_day_57_flower_test_bud.jpg

Clearly it tastes a bit sharp. It burns quite well and the ash is proper, I just still taste the nutes and not the flower.

So....now what? Guess I will have to either:
Go cold turkey :trance:
Or call my local guy for one last cop till my crop is really done. :hmmmm:

I was reading about emergency flushes, where you just leave the stem in a bucket of clean water, and figured you were just gonna do that. What does it taste like? So you're tossing that fat nug in the pic?

I was reading about emergency flushes, where you just leave the stem in a bucket of clean water, and figured you were just gonna do that. What does it taste like? So you're tossing that fat nug in the pic?

PakaCordova,
Dude....I gotta try that bucket technique. I may try it tonight on another bud.:idea:
It tastes like....well...fert. Sharp salty chem taste. And not in a good way! :smokin:

As for the nug? Nah,I'm not gonna toss.

From what I have read, a bucket or pitcher, dependin gon the size of your cuttings, and an air bubbler and some plain old tap water. Replace the water every day for 2 or 3 days. They do full plants chopped at the base but some have said they do it with branches too. "you'll see that, with the bubbler-- the plant doen't wilt or distress at all-- wheras if you just do the bucket without the airstone, day 3 they get a bit wilted....."

I dunno but worth a shot if youre dry.

Today is day week 9 day 114 day 60 of flower.:thumb:
The ladies get low ppm waterings until finish. (<350ppm)
Checking the trics I see 5% amber on the girls. Not enough for me as I prefer to pull them when the ambers are 30% or more.

I decreased the lighting from 11/13 to 10/14.
Hopefully this and the flushing will help ripen them up for harvesting within the next 3 to 5 days.
Noticed that the uv-b light is no joke and its concentrated light is bleaching some of the fans and part of the sugar leaf on the buds.

Definitely not gonna leave the uv-b light's on too long. :bitingnails:
A couple of hours per day is good enough.
week_9_day_114_day_60_flower_group_pic.JPG

week_9_day_114_day_60_flower_coco_og.JPG

week_9_day_114_day_60_flower_coco_og.JPG

Looking great! Have you ran the HPS / LED combo in flower before? I am thinking about grabbing that same HPS light instead of another LED unit.

Hola KCMP! :welcome:

I must say this HPS light kit is very good. I have not used this light in before but the kit comes with everything....mh/hps bulb(s), timer, hood, and light hanger. I would recommend this kit, especially if you are wanting an air cooled hood setup. :thumb:

In my next winter grow I will use 2x 600w in a 5x5 growing captn style. :thumb:

Re: Stage's -4x4 -600W HPS/MH - LED -DWC -Coco -OG Kush -BC BigBud - Hybrid G

Clearly it tastes a bit sharp. It burns quite well and the ash is proper, I just still taste the nutes and not the flower.

UPDATE:
Pulled out the bud today and voila! They taste quite good! Guess i had to allow the process to do its thing.

UPDATE:
Pulled out the bud today and voila! They taste quite good! Guess i had to allow the process to do its thing.

Today is day 116 from seed. Day 62 of 11 on 13 off.
This ride ends in 3 days!!! :grinjoint:

I topped off my girls with 315 ppm watering day before yesterday.
The trics are mostly cloudy (about 70%) and I see 5% amber.
Its not likely I will water again.
I prefer to allow the roots to dry out a bit in the pot, drying/curing with less water in the plants.
I expect to leave the lights off for 24hrs. then harvest at next lights on.:cheer:

I cant believe I have to get my harvest gear ready!:thedoubletake:
Head on over to wmart and get all the things I need to prepare.:woohoo:

Here are a couple of bud shots of a small lower canopy bud I clipped. My next update will be the harvest! :slide:
week_9_day_116_day_62_flower_bud_pic_4.JPG
week_9_day_116_day_62_flower_bud_pic_5.JPG
week_9_day_116_day_62_flower_bud_pic_6.JPG

Excited for you bro, good work. Enjoy the harvest!!

Back
Top Bottom