Staggered planting vs. all at once?

Beateo

High everyone!,
I'm a first timer growing for self-pleasure :) I'm ordering some seeds this week and decided to go with auto-flowering as from reading it seems like I'll have the best chance of success as a noobie. My question for you pros is: Should I plant one or two seeds at a time with a gap between plantings, or, plant all of them at once and store in mason jars if I'm lucky enough to have a good harvest? Thanks!

Since your a noob I would start with 2 bearing you have ample light , and room to support 2. Then try a little more each time till you get to know your girls. I started with 2 in case something went wrong with the 1st one now I do 4 cause that still gives me plenty of light to play with, and I grow my girls to be just over 4' when done stretching.

Kola320, Thanks. Space is not an issue, I have an entire room to use. Lighting... I'm planning to use several CFL's with the clamp on aluminum reflectors. I thought I'd attach them to a 2X2 with chains to the ceiling so they can be adjusted as needed. I just have no idea how much I'll get or how much I'll use??? When I say I'm new.. I mean new to all of it...smoked a little in the late 60's and early 70's but not much since then because of a career that tested. Now I'm retired. YAY!! :)

Auto's can be temperamental, I have some fast an vast good indica smoke one plant yielded 4 oz dry and the other one just crapped out on me.made it threw the grow but was like it just stopped budding . What Autos are you running ? What's your grow style hydro , dirt, as far as being new we all have stuff to learn yet. I grow mine when I veg a photo plant for longer I'll veg a couple plants out for 8 weeks and grow my autos till I send my photos into flower it's all preference. Not hard at all my wife use to think she had a green thumb till I took up my hobby LOL

Cream of The Crop Cash Crop or maybe Northern Lights, both from Herbies are what I was thinking about ordering. I'll be using soil in 3 and 5 gallon containers.

I gotcha, I've heard good things about both just remember this autos don't like to be transplanted. Find the easiest less stress way to transplant them over. I run hydro so I can't help ya much there have you ever thought about trying hempy ? I have a couple friends on here looks pretty simple and easy really and they both get good results.

You will definitely want to stagger. Even if nothing goes wrong, and you do everything right, it lets you have a lot of interaction with the plants, as while you're starting 2 seeds, you're also putting 2 from seeding to vegging, then 2 from veg to flower, then 2 to harvest, and then 2 to cure and enjoy.

Well, you're usually working on like 1-2 weeks on a seed, or 1-2 weeks on a clone to be ready to totally veg. Then, usually at least 3 weeks of veg, then 3 weeks of flower, and 2 weeks of dry and cure. So, the more you can stage, the more you have room to learn and apply it down the chain, and see a constant level of improvement. On my own first grow, and there's times I stand there and want to do something, but know better than to do anything. But, once you've gotten the stages going, you'll find you'll always have something you can do.

Back
Top Bottom