Staker's 2017: SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

You have some fire looking plants CS. I love the frost monsters some of these breeders are putting out but I sure do love the classics. Speaking of classics, I've never run any Chem strains and if I wanted to who's would you recommend for the original Chem Dog?

Thanks Neiko! The frost queens are great to impress the masses, but they often don't turn my crank in the right direction. The classic often do. For Chem based seeds, I'd probably go with Karma Genetics right now. Some real tempting crosses, more in line with classics that don't disappoint where the rubber meets the road - the smoke. :)

You have some fire looking plants CS. I love the frost monsters some of these breeders are putting out but I sure do love the classics. Speaking of classics, I've never run any Chem strains and if I wanted to who's would you recommend for the original Chem Dog?
Also check out People Under the Stairs. His 4DD is a 3 way chem cross and I think he hit his Chem D with it and I know he hit his ECSD with it. One site has packs on pre-sale right now. Buck ran some testers for him and they came out fantastic

Yes Neiko, there are some others here too with the seed habit. I've been barely able to sow any seeds, sadly and am not up on the very latest.

So this is the girl. She isn't as perfect as I'd like, but I threw her in a soil pot, straight from her coco feed, so she had a little pause in nutrition. Probably why she didn't stretch very much. So she's not perfect, but I can use her as a trial run, there's another right behind her. :)

ECSD day 28 of 85
IMG_3190.jpeg

Cake monster day 56 pretty sure

IMG_3191.jpeg
IMG_3194.jpeg
IMG_3195.jpeg

Day 57 for Original Diesel aka Daywreck, such a nice plant. Mom of ECSD. I feel like they are all somehow home in a way. :Namaste:

She comes down in two weeks. Taking this one to a deeper fade for better flavor, hitting her with some cool 62F water too. I let her soak in her saucer today, and she still has lots of kick in that pot, so this should give her enough to finish and fade. Sugar and some zymes is all she gets.
IMG_3204.jpeg

Roots are aggressive, I like the plugs to help make air roots.
IMG_3205.jpg

Buds have two weeks to swell and fill in, buds are gnarly spirals of stacked triangles of small pea sized calyx. Smells are skunky and burnt tire with some kind of sale sweat sweetness. Smoking some now.
IMG_3208.jpeg
IMG_3207.jpeg

Just as a PSA. I've been gifted a bunch of LEDs and have purchased some with actual dollars. ;)

A few of the Cree 10w diodes on my almost 3 year old Advanced LED, XML-350 went out and since this light was one that I won here on 420Mag, I called to see if I could pay to have some replacements shipped so I could screw them in.

Well, they had me take some pictures and send them. Then they told me they were sending me everything I needed to get back up and running, no charge.

Outstanding customer service and ethics. Thank you Nathan! Advanced LED

Just as a PSA. I've been gifted a bunch of LEDs and have purchased some with actual dollars. ;)

A few of the Cree 10w diodes on my almost 3 year old Advanced LED, XML-350 went out and since this light was one that I won here on 420Mag, I called to see if I could pay to have some replacements shipped so I could screw them in.

Well, they had me take some pictures and send them. Then they told me they were sending me everything I needed to get back up and running, no charge.

Outstanding customer service and ethics. Thank you Nathan! Advanced LED
that's always nice when a company has some scruples glad to here your going to have that baby back into action making beautiful buds!:peace::Namaste:

that's always nice when a company has some scruples glad to here your going to have that baby back into action making beautiful buds!:peace::Namaste:

Pretty impressive, I agree. I'll have to go and leave a message on their site, that's pretty cool what they did. :Namaste:

Smells this round are starting to get impressive. The REAL stanky stank, like holy dam shit lol. I just pinched one leaf off the Diesel and then went to the gym. I washed my hands with a special oil based cleaner before I left, and it was still obvious to me that I reeked everywhere I went. Pretty sure this is the mix I'm going to stick with for a while. Keep it consistent and work on some other things.

GMO cookies cut. Probably about 50 days in. 5ft tall and around a dozen tops. She has some light burn on some fans, just too close to the light. Think I'll try going 85 on her, but that's a huge long time for anything that isn't sour d. ;) Smell is pretty nice, a new twist on Chem.
DSC_0756.jpeg
DSC_0758.jpeg
DSC_0760.jpeg

DSC_0764.jpeg
DSC_0763.jpeg
DSC_0762.jpeg
DSC_0761.jpeg

ECSD. Sour D, day 30. She's seems like she's fully transitioned from the coco and is finally dug into the soil. She's still slightly pale in the center, but she's got a watering coming up soon enough. Had to drench for Ca/Mg after the stretch. She doesn't drink much, slow for a sativa, at least so far. I've got a new one going in soon too. I'll add some heavy structure to the next girl, so I can have more inputs. She'll love the O2, and she's more sativa than not.

Before I used to grow, I was inspired by this strain. I stalked threads of her all over the internet, and read how hard it was to get her close to right. Me, hell, I just flipped her from synthetic coco to organic soil, and then flipping her into flower a week after the change. Stupid is sometimes better than risk adverse. ;) Next Sour goes in asap, so transition, so the stretch will be epic... like GMO. :Namaste:

DSC_0776.jpeg

I know I just posted this one... Original Diesel again... she was out of the tent for a minute, but only got the one shot. Day 58, less than two weeks to go.
DSC_0773.jpeg
IMG_3236.jpeg
IMG_3234.jpeg
I left a lot of green on her this run, but she's fading out now. I'll pull a bunch tonight. Smells are really coming together, it smells like Chem's house in here. If she's still fading, I may let her go 3-4 days long.

I recently harvest a Raspberry Diesel (Cherry Afghan x Sour Diesel) from Humboldt and I really like it!

Over the years, you and others have convinced me that Diesels are very much like the Carnival that I love, and yes, it's confirmed. The Carnival buzz is very much like this Diesel. I get a strong accelerating rush, which clears to a bright energetic state of mind, and fades away with only a little fatigue. I get less fatigue with Carnival, and that's probably from the Cherry Afghan.

But I'll be growing more Diesels! :love: I have a couple Sour Diesel from Medical Seeds, but I haven't looked into that line. I tried a SSSDH, but it was a freaky haze leaner and I didn't want to nurse it.

That Original is looking fine! :bravo:

All these girls were in need of a watering, they were out for pics. JDOGK. Day 57 so about 2 weeks left. She's making some real nice bombs, hope to get a good swell. Hope for a little more fade, going to pull those big fans tonight when I strip some of the Diesel.

DSC_0750.jpeg
DSC_0752.jpeg
DSC_0753.jpeg
DSC_0755.jpeg

looks like she's got a good fade going on one of these days ill have to try growing some diesel I grew a nirvana ice that was pure diesel tasting I loved it grew two more naw I stretched those buds out for mos. nice bud shots cs!

Thanks bro. Diesel is a staple of smiles around here, has been since long before I ever got the cut. Just now I don't have to pay for it. :) I grew the ICE and thought it was a great plant. :Namaste:

I recently harvest a Raspberry Diesel (Cherry Afghan x Sour Diesel) from Humboldt and I really like it!

Over the years, you and others have convinced me that Diesels are very much like the Carnival that I love, and yes, it's confirmed. The Carnival buzz is very much like this Diesel. I get a strong accelerating rush, which clears to a bright energetic state of mind, and fades away with only a little fatigue. I get less fatigue with Carnival, and that's probably from the Cherry Afghan.

But I'll be growing more Diesels! :love: I have a couple Sour Diesel from Medical Seeds, but I haven't looked into that line. I tried a SSSDH, but it was a freaky haze leaner and I didn't want to nurse it.

That Original is looking fine! :bravo:

You know what's up. ;) Yeah it's the rush, the instant euphoric change in attitude and mental demeanor ... it's a fucking life saver. Not my life per se, but the lives of others around me are much much safer when I get a hit lol. Even though I now have Diesel and prob Sour Diesel, which were local street weed here for decades, I still have a Strawberry Diesel that I keep because it's flavor is insane, and it hits like a true Diesel. It's S.Cough with SD IBL. It doesn't use the 'real' Sour, but a worked line derived from it, and it's amazing.

The original SSSDH was a work of art, but yeah it's hard to find good stock, and you don't want to nurse a weirdo. I think OJD is inbreeding the line, so there's going to be some throws to the side, he may have had some issues who knows. I found some old stock when I got mine. It was still his though. I have 2 SSH going now, if one is a male, I'll hit up a branch of ECSD nd see what happens. For those that don't know, SSSDH was SSHxECSD IBL by Reservoir, the same IBL line which was the male in my keeper Straw D. The SD IBL was great breeding, something that doesn't get done much today. I just see elite-smash and crowd source testing and feedback via orders and pricing. I'm sure I sound like a grumpy grandpa. Don't get me wrong, I love some elite smashes, but it's not really working the genetics in a direction - it's just opportunity lol. I was sure I was a cool kid just like last year or so...where did time go lol.

Was wondering about my timing on the next GMO...

GMO cookies crumbs, taken at 65-ish days. From last harvest. Looks like she's about 20% light amber, so a good pull for most strains. But, maybe not for her. Before dismissing her as a 'not-for-me' type of weed, I'll try her again.

Thanks GreenYeti, I'll see what letting her go long brings... PUTS might know a thing or two. Maybe she goes to a dark amber, or maybe she needs to be mostly amber... guess we'll see. :Namaste:

Will add the Cake photos later tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_3229.jpeg
    IMG_3229.jpeg
    594.6 KB · Views: 200
Back
Top Bottom