Standardization

SashaShiva

There are a few things that should be brought up that have not been brought up yet. The "Marijuana Industry", as it is known, has made it a long way since the 90s in America, and since the 50s and 60s (and even earlier really) Internationally. Amsterdam is known for Coffee, Marijuana and Waterways, because it was a center of Trade; bringing Indian and South African Cannabis strains to Europe, as well as various others.

But Cannabis is not Standardized. This is something that a has been a topic of discussion of some Circles in the Marijuana Industry, but I want to expand it. The current discussion is about Strains, and how Strain Names as a means of determining Cannabinoid Content is on the way out.

Here is what I am adding to the Discussion. When you see that a Strain is 25% or 26% or 30% THC, that does not mean by weight. People think that it means by weight, but if your buds were 25% THC they would look like the Earth throughout the whole plant. That 25% indicator is about Cannabinoid Content, and usually Cannabinoid + Terpene Content. So when it says "25% THC", that means "25 percent of the total Cannabinoids and Terpenes were made up of THC". So a plant with 25% THC and 20% THC don't necessarily have different THC content. 25% does not tell you 200mg per gram or 100mg per square inch or anything like that. The closest you get to actually knowing the Content with these testing methods is with Shatter Hash.

And further, the product called "Moon Rocks" that used to be Caviar, and has other names also. This is Buds which have been dipped in Solvent Hash, and then Rolled in Bubble Hash before the Solvent Hash evaporates. There is no standardization for this. But in the 70s, they were using Research from the 40s, to create pure Delta-9-THC; and then they were using Wire Hangers to move it, and then heating up the hanger to drip it on to ashes in a bowl to smoke it. In the 70s. Then they decided that another way to smoke it was to put it on Buds. So they created a system, and the way they "Standardized" it, was by adding the extract back to a set number of Grams. So say you say 100 Grams of Buds, make an extraction, and turn it into pure Delta-9-THC, then put that on 10 Grams of Bud (using a Solvent and a Glass Dropper); they called that "10-on-1". 200 Grams on 10 Grams is 20-on-1, 300 on 10 is 30-on-1, etc. People have Blow Torches, Globes, Nails, Bangers, and all kinds of rigs now, how can we not figure out a Standardization system like what they had in the 70s?

Here is how Pure Delta-9-THC is made, after this harvest I will make a video

First you make Rick Simpson Oil (RSO), then when it is dried out you add alcohol in a manageable amount. Pure Alcohol is best, but Cannabinoids won't go in Water, so water works too; but you need to pull out the Cannabinoids and have the other side magnetically hold the Resins.

Then you put the Alcohol and RSO into a Separatory Funnel, and add a small amount of Naphtha. The 2 liquids will separate instantly, and if you don't add too much Naphtha, it will only grab the Cannabinoids. Release the valve on the Separatory Funnel, and collect the Naphtha.

Add the Alcohol back in, and add another small amount of Naptha, and repeat until you are getting resins, then stop.

Now add the Naptha Separated RSO mixture back into a Reflux and Condeser, and add Sulfuric Acid, and let it run for about 3 hours.

Use the Sepatory funnel again, but this time just add water to the Naphtha RSO mixture, and then add baking soda. Then remove the water, and it will contain the baking soda and the extra sulfuric acid in salt form.

Release the valve and collect the Naphtha layer.

Vacuum Purge.

And you have pure Delta-9-THC, with no CBD or anything else.

I will make videos after this harvest, I have all the equipment.

You can also Winterize, which basically means to Freeze it while it is in the Separatory Funnel. This will create a more dramatic separation. You can also boil the buds before even extracting anything, and that will remove some of the Resins before they even go through the whole process, which will make the process easier. This also Decarboxylizes the THC, which makes it edible. So if people boiled the buds they used for Rick Simpson Oil, they would actually be better for use by Cancer Patients.

After this harvest I will show how to do this with plant Material instead of Resin (I don't buy Buds and make Hash with them, in that case I just buy Buds or buy Hash), then I will show how to turn the Golden Liquid Extract into all pure Delta-9-THC, so all the CBD and CBG and everything turns into Delta-9-THC.

The way it works is because, as everyone knows, THC is Tetrahydrocannabidiol. CBD is Cannabidiol. So you add Tetra-Hydrogens, (4 Hydrogens) to CBD, and it becomes THC.

Meaning that you can also use this method in States like Texas, Louisiana or New Jersey, to turn the legal Medical CBD Hash into pure THC.

Back
Top Bottom