Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Okay, so has anyone who frequents this thread ever ordered seeds from that company in Hawaii? If so is there a recommended strain for growing indoors in a 2x2x5' tall tent? From what I saw they seem to sell gigantic growing Sativa seeds. I also saw someone post the "coupon code........Facebook" which was nice. Thank you for that. I was all excited when I saw that site. The best smoke ever for me as a teenager back in the (long ago) was Hawaiian Gold. I was hoping I might find seeds of that strain on the site.

Okay, so has anyone who frequents this thread ever ordered seeds from that company in Hawaii? If so is there a recommended strain for growing indoors in a 2x2x5' tall tent? From what I saw they seem to sell gigantic growing Sativa seeds. I also saw someone post the "coupon code........Facebook" which was nice. Thank you for that. I was all excited when I saw that site. The best smoke ever for me as a teenager back in the (long ago) was Hawaiian Gold. I was hoping I might find seeds of that strain on the site.
Hey Beez! This was my first order with them. I went to their Facebook page to snoop a bit and was stoked their discount code worked! Seeds were a bit pricey but the code made it more reasonable. Won't be running them until fall though.

What strains did you end up ordering? It would be so much easier for me if each seed house sold only one strain!!! I read about one strain and say....."Yep, that's the one I want" and then make the mistake of reading about another one. I very very rarely buy seeds but this site intrigues me. I think you could find some fantastic breeding stock especially with some of the landrace strains.

gotta give her a day to recover before I take any pics of her.

So do you have pics of it looking forlornly freshly trimmed? I know some of you growers like to keep the not so good looking moments a bit quiet, but it can really help a new grower understand these processes if you show how full on it looks straight afterwards and then what it looks like 2days later, after recovering.

Have never tried Hash. Heard good things about it....some day!
Oh goodness Van - I almost want to say “you haven’t lived!!!” But I know you have ;).

you’re in for a treat sir, that’s for sure. If had a choice between herb and hash, the hash would win out every time!

@TurboBucket has some I think
I do indeed. Basically the same boat though. The second full run through the room will be all Hawaiian. Aloha bruddas and sistas eh? Haha

Cool! So they all Pua Mana Ohana? When are you starting the Hawaiian run? Aloha 420 ohana!!

ever ordered seeds from that company in Hawaii?
Hey beez - a few of us have some. No one has run any yet. Looks like Turbo might be (fittingly) the first one out of the gate!

Busy day/evening in the Stank garden house!

:Namaste:

@InTheShed got our two Pineapple plants transplanted. Hopefully they like their new 2 gallon homes. What size pot are yours in?
Mine end up around 7 gallons. They start in 1 gallon or so and sometimes go right to 7's from there. A few are 10 gallons though but I don't see a difference in the size of the fruit.
White Widow Veg Day 20
I am going to top her tonight....she is up to her 7th node. I will top her back down to the 4th or 5th and I am going to give her a go at Mainlining. I tried with the Nukehead #1 but she didn't want to play that game so the technique was abandoned on her. This White Widow is growing very nice and traditional like so I will give it a go again. Just going to go for 16 colas with her.
Sweet! This is perfect timing as I plan on doing a mainline on the Haze Xtreme I just dropped. That and a mini-flux as well. Needs to be long and low. :thanks:
White Widow Mainline Update

Brilliant Van, thanks again (took me a long time to catch up doncha know ;))!

What strains did you end up ordering? It would be so much easier for me if each seed house sold only one strain!!! I read about one strain and say....."Yep, that's the one I want" and then make the mistake of reading about another one. I very very rarely buy seeds but this site intrigues me. I think you could find some fantastic breeding stock especially with some of the landrace strains.
I got the Maui Wowie. Not a Fem shop for sure, but that's ok. If it's the "goods", I am happy! They were out of the Kona Gold which I also wanted. My planting schedule is now full for a year until we move! I have a little bit of a seed addiction...:oops: I get weak:rolleyes:...I need help:(

Mr and Ms Stank...Thank you very much for your hospitality this fine spring day! My sincere apologies for hi-jacking your journal. It's apparent that discussions of the cannabis nature become...well..passionate. Can you imagine the group of us at a get together? My non-cannabis husband would be sleeping in a corner. Again! Many thanks and a very good evening to you both!

Can you imagine the group of us at a get together?

It's funny you say that. I was telling Lisa yesterday that I had a dream where I was playing Texas Holdem with others who enjoy growing their own. We didn't use toothpicks, or coins to bet. We were betting SEEDS!

It's funny you say that. I was telling Lisa yesterday that I had a dream where I was playing Texas Holdem with others who enjoy growing their own. We didn't use toothpicks, or coins to bet. We were betting SEEDS!
Ha-ha! What a great idea! It could be an annual 420 get-together in Las Vegas! :rofl: I'll see your Afghan Skunk and raise you 5 GSCs!

I use large fish totes...they're stackable, ridiculously strong, priced right ($30 w/lid), and hold just the amount that I can maneuver when full (probably about 60lbs full, so maneuver means slide...otherwise 2 people is an easy carry). At our farm I stack 2x to a pallet and use the tractor.

Here is the one (1) tote we keep in our basement over winter. From this one tote I can seed another 16-20 totes in Spring. Worms double their population every 6 weeks, so 1-2 handfuls will fully populate a tote in 3-4 months. Looks worse than it smells (there is none). Note the plant growing w/o any light in the forefront. This medium is so perfect plants grow in the dark...

Scrape away an inch of the surface and ...tons of happy worms.

This is the one currently in our 12x24 GH which I used all winter. 5-gallon bucket for scale

Here is a stack of four (4) fully processed worm totes under 5 feet of snow waiting for summer crop (and Stank Genetics :cool:)

In your worm bin ....... How much regular soil can I put in there to start off? Is it ok if it already is cooked LOS soil? I go through veggies alot. I know they also like coffee grounds if I'm not mistaken. Would celery be ok to throw in the bin. I'm interested. Can ya tell:rofl:

Northern Lights Veg Day 11

The roots on this Northern Lights were primed for up potting last night so we knocked that out and got her into the 2 gallon pot. I will not be making the same mistake with her that I did with the Blue Dream. Three weeks from today she will get up potted to a 7 or 10 gallon pot.

So far I am pretty happy with the genetics from Sensi Seeds on this Northern Lights. I haven't figured out what I am going to do with this plant training wise, but I have a couple ideas in mind.

Pretty little squat plant!!! I put my auto in the final pot from start to finish. Fabric pot so that it air prunes .....so therefore doesn't get rootbound. It's not even showin roots out the bottom or sides yet. But getting big. Day 40.

This was not me observing it, it was other growers. They were using smaller pots and some larger pots and mentioned all of the ones in smaller pots starting to flower first. Yes it could be a coincidence but it could also be true. Why would something with internal triggers to flower so as to carry on its genes not switch to flowering once it runs out of root space? It would make sense (to me atleast) that once an auto senses it has no more room to stretch its feet that it switches to flowering so it can try to procreate and keep the species alive.
I've also seen similar people's autos do the same. As soon as roots filled up the flipped into kickin pistils.....the ones in bigger pots (more root room) took longer to fill with roots.....stayed in veg mode longer and got better yields. Now Rifleman grows autos in hydro and he destroys it!!!!! Happy Monday to y'all!! :rollit::volcano-smiley:I love sharing info don't you!!??

I did......somewhere around node 5 if I remember correctly. I let her go a bit bigger and topped back down at day 21 so I guess it was about 2 weeks ago...and thats been when most of my growth took place.
I topped right after the 4th node. Ive seen some hit her on the third but either way they bounce back.i think alot of it boils down to good genes. :thumb::volcano-smiley:

Harlequin Male Update Flower Day 14

We checked on Ms Stanks other stud last night and saw signs of the first action of the grow. We found signs of a burst pollen sack on her guy. Action is going to pick up real soon and the Stank's bukkake boy will be getting harvested (@Chris Scorpio don't get jealous...we all know you love playing with the guys).

He is looking great....completely healthy. No signs of any of the deficiencies I saw in the other strains. Lots and lots of sacks on this dude. We are going to have a shit ton of pollen in a week or two!

Nuts for days!!! :rofl::bravo:

A lot of sativa leaning plants will outgrow a space that size. One way to fight that is to grow them no mercy style or 12/12 from seed. With a sativa it may even be better to do 11/13 from seed. This way it will start to flower as soon as it is mature enough. I see a lot of people that will flower out sativa clones maybe a week after they transplant them into soil after they root. You would still want to top the plant and train it as best you can but with your space being 2x2 you are limited by width as well as height.

Ha-ha! What a great idea! It could be an annual 420 get-together in Las Vegas! :rofl: I'll see your Afghan Skunk and raise you 5 GSCs!
All in headband 818 :cool:

So do you have pics of it looking forlornly freshly trimmed? I know some of you growers like to keep the not so good looking moments a bit quiet, but it can really help a new grower understand these processes if you show how full on it looks straight afterwards and then what it looks like 2days later, after recovering.
Honestly, Amy, when we peeked in on her before lights out last night she looked as she does every day. Happy, healthy and perky!! She might give Van a challenge as I'm not so sure she will slow her roll like he wants her to LOL.

So I take pollen from a male put it on a female that is f2 ? But if I spray sts on f1 females and get seeds I now have s1 s?
Well its a bit cloudier than that.....but kinda. It would only be an F2 if you were working two Fs of the same strain....meaning I could take one of my F1 Stankberry and cross it with one of my F1 DTFs and it now creates a whole new cross which is NOT an F2.

The 'S' generations are a little easier to follow and track accurately.

In your worm bin ....... How much regular soil can I put in there to start off? Is it ok if it already is cooked LOS soil? I go through veggies alot. I know they also like coffee grounds if I'm not mistaken. Would celery be ok to throw in the bin. I'm interested. Can ya tell:rofl:
Regular cooked LOS soil would be absolutely perfect! You can use 100% that if you wanted. Depending how much organic matter that LOS has, you could definitely always add more. Celery would be ok, but I honestly try to steer away from things that are 80%+ water (celery is probably 90%+) coffee grounds and some veggies are good though. Just try to keep enough dry materials in there so the stuff doesn't go anaerobic! I'm 99% sure that's what went wrong in my worm bin (they scadaddled) - ive since stopped adding veggies to my worm bin, but rather composting those veggies first and then feeding that compost to the worms. They cant do anything with the fresh/spoiled veggies until they start decomposing anyway (then they feed on the slime that's produced) Another great food for them is "laying" chicken feed. Hope that helps!

:Namaste:
Morning Amy!

I will snap pics of her here this morning. She is a freaking tank. This is the first plant I have grown that doesn't show any signs of slowing down after I put her through the ringer. She just takes it and smiles.

Back
Top Bottom