Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

if i was in your position, gorilla would be hearing from me. They charge too much not to sell a perfect product.
The old adage is true.........you SHOULD get what you paid for.

I’m kind of in that place now too.

There’s no leaks in the zipper and the pinhole leaks at the stitching pints dont actually bother me so much. Everyone seems to aggreee these aren’t a big issue. The leak i’m ‘bothered’ by is clearly just bad manufacturing - a misalignment of the window cover so it doesn’t actually cover what it should, like the one on the other side does perfectly well. It’s enough to make what Pres and beez point out a relevant perspective i think. They’re a sponsor - I’m sure they will look after things.

Thanks everyone - again - for helping out.
:Namaste:

VS - that post with broken shovel nearly made me spit out my tea! :eek::D Hope Murphy gives you a break soon :thumb:

Good mornin' @Ms Stank ! I always see ya lurking around during the early morning hours like me. :nomo:
Hope you guys have a fantastic day up in Stanktown.
:passitleft:

Thanks everyone for chiming in.

Amy, never apologize for hijacking my thread. All questions are good questions and welcome. Someone will learn something with each new exchange.

I have never bought into the pinhole leak thing. I have spent a lot of time outdoors at night and the moon is a whole lot freaking brighter than any leak u will have in your tent short of a gaping hole or leaving a flap open. Hard for me to accept that a pinhole light leak is gonna mess anything up that wasn't genetically predisposed to nanner or hermie anyways. But thats just my opinion.

What I don't do....ever.....is open my tent after lights out. Nothing I need to do that can't wait 12 hours or 8 hours. I don't take pics after lights out, or water, or anything. I think people that have nanner issues that aren't genetics, get them from lack of light discipline and not pinhole leaks.
I only ever open my tents during the dark period if I lose power. And thats only so that the rh doe not jump through the roof and cause mold issues. I have issues with nanners pretty frequently and cant think of anythign els ethat would caueit other than light leaks. I have cheap tents and the stitching is horrible. Also the zippers allow light to leak out on the bigger one so I can only imagine that they allow light in. I run my lights at night so they sleep during the day. The being said the sun comes in through the windows and I have to wonder if that then leaks into the tent causing the problems. I am sure genetics play a roll in it, but environment plays a part as well.

While the moon is brighter than most light leaks caused by pin holes, I have read more than once that the amount of far red light that plants get outside negates the light given off by the moon and the stars. The far red puts the plants to sleep quicker and kind of counters lights if they get enough of it. I have seen people mention that if the plants get a lot of light from flood lights and such while outside it can cause issues with flowering and hermie issues. If you are not near external stressers like that though, the far red is said to be the reason we do not see the issues outside as much.

Hey Van, would you mind linking me to that topical recipe once more!? I keep forgetting to bookmark it :roorrip:
Yeah give me a bit of time to dig it up. Busy here today. Gotta take a couple clones and then I am flipping the BCP today as well and doing the final trim on the White Widow.

I have it handy since I copy/pasted it to my computer due to lack of blogs these days.

The recipe is from @Magnus8 and we had great results the first time around.

35% Pumpkin Seed Oil (5.6 ounces for a two cup batch or 8.4 ounces for a three cup batch)
25% Rice Bran Oil (4.0 ounces for two cup batch or 6.0 ounces for a three cup batch)
10% Fractionated Coconut Oil (1.6 Ounces for two cup batch or 2.4 ounces for a three cup batch)
10% Hazelnut Oil (1.6 Ounces for two cup batch or 2.4 ounces for a three cup batch)
10% Sweet Almond Oil (1.6 Ounces for two cup batch or 2.4 ounces for a three cup batch)
10% Grapeseed Oil (1.6 Ounces for two cup batch or 2.4 ounces for a three cup batch)

15 drops of Peppermint essential oil for 2 cups, or 22 drops for 3 cups
15 drops of Tea Tree Oil for 2 cups, or 22 drops for 3 cups

Please note you can use whatever essential oils you might like in whatever quantity you like to get a smell you desire. This happens to be where we settled and will likely stay at that rate of essential oils

From here, its into the Magic Butter Machine for 8 hours at 160 degrees. You can probably go for less....but this is what we do. Again a big shout out to Magnus for him sharing the results of his experimentation with topicals. Per the thread that Ms Stank got it from, the oils he uses are the fastest absorbing oils and provide the fastest relief he found with topicals.

I can tell you from our first batch where we used 30 grams of bud total (25 grams decarbed and 5 grams fresh) that the relief was extremely fast on my lower back. By the time I would get dressed after Ms Stank applied the oil, I had relief. Less than 2 minutes with relief which is pretty freaking good in my mind. We didn't use any CBD strains last time so we are kind of interested in seeing what kind of relief we get with a good amount of CBD into the mix.

First batch we made we averaged 15 grams of bud per cup of oil. This batch it will be just over 25 grams of bud per cup of oil so about 67% more potent this batch. Anyways.....Cheers!

ONE WARNING THOUGH.....the oil is dark when its done (think the pumpkin seed oil is the reason) and it can stain white clothes. So make sure you give it 5-10 minutes to absorb and then maybe wipe down any residue before putting on any good clothes.

It does have a bit of a cannabis smell to it so be warned, you probably don't want to apply it and go to work.

I want the soil recipe...... :cool:

LOL....you know the funny part? I broke the shovel by flattening the little balls of EWC after mixing. I would find 5 or 6 little worm pop balls and I would pull them off the side and gently press down with the flat of the shovel to break the EWC into bits. Seriously, like very little pressure on it when I would press down. Like I said, sometimes the world just likes kicking ya in the nuts!

African Meltdown Veg Day 80

Gave this girl a haircut today. She got half a gallon of rain water last night. I will give her a foliar later today.

Her canopy is really coming together very nicely. I don't think one of the lower nodes is going to make it up to the canopy top. Not sure why they never grew, because the node below it has one side that has made the canopy and one that is almost there. I took a couple clones off her today. Definitely want to keep this girl around to play with if her smoke is good (really hoping its some good stuff).

I will be up potting her at some point this weekend, into her final 10 gallon pot. She will spend about a week in it and then she will be getting moved up to the big tent. I want to spread the canopy just a bit wider. This plant is incredibly stout. The branches are incredibly strong.

@InTheShed I have doing a little staircasing on some of the lower nodes that are just reaching the canopy. This is definitely a great strain for any sort of branch bending.

Black Cherry Punch Clone Day 119, Flip Day 1

Gave her a good hair cut this morning and slapped her in the Flower tent so she is officially 'Flipped'. She didn't need a full watering so I drizzled about a half gallon on the top of the soil. Roots should still be getting used to the 10 gallon pot. Really glad to finally get this girl flipped and we are looking forward to seeing what she will do for us.

Took another 2 clones off her today (dropped my cell phone on the other BCP clone I had rooted and I don't think its going to make it. Took about 10 days for the last ones so we will see how this round goes. Gotta make sure I have one good clone to make some seeds from!

Bonus Update

Quick shot of the Flower tent for the next week or so. We have in the back left, the Tangie x Ghost Train Haze. The back right is the Gorilla Glue Auto (which will be coming back downstairs in a week when we flip the African Meltdown). The front left is Ms Stanks knocked up Northern Lights and the front right is the Black Cherry Punch.

Back
Top Bottom