Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

One of his favorite songs....he loved music, and the Allman Brothers were one of his favorites. Near the end....music was the one thing he held on to. Great song for those down times.

Music is my life deep inside . The harmonies my and meanings can carry me through dark times as well as bring out a positive and determined joe.

Music is the only thing no one can take away from us.

Heart breaking yes . His fight is over now . May peace be with his soul Stank:Namaste:

Yeah music was big on that side of the family. His dad was my favorite uncle. He used to play a lot of the old school country.....Marty Robbins, Cash, Hank, etc. They used to come down every winter to Florida to escape the winters and every night after fishing, my two uncles and dad would sit around play the old stuff and drinking beer. I just thought it was normal.....didn't realize how cool of a thing it was. Those are memories that never fade in my mind. I had a lot of great times and great memories. I think my mom has some VHS recordings back at the house of them doing that in the later years after I had already left and joined the Marines. I'd give about anything to jump in a time machine and go back to that living room and spend a few nights listening to them sing and laugh and play together.

Both those uncle were taken by throat cancer in 48 hours of each other. Was very tough for me to listen to anything by Johnny cause the memories were hard to process. I always associate music to memories it seems and songs always bring back those memories. They used to always be positive...but seems lately too many of them have been from cancer taking people. Now I find it equally hard to listen to the Allman Brother stuff.

Sorry for your loss my friend. I know there is a lot of love on this forum. I m sending you and your family love.

Morning all,

Disappointing news this morning. My cousin passed at 6am. Man that stuff doesn't take long to take someone. I wanted to thank all of you that reached out to me on here or in private to offer your help of support. I truly appreciate the kindness and support that is found in this place.

We kind of knew it was only a matter of days/hours when they moved him from Hospice back to the VA in his unresponsive state. Glad he went quickly and the family wasn't forced to watch him suffer for long.

Hug your loved ones, kiss your kids, tell the important people you love them.....you never know when it might be your last chance. Find the beauty in your world, whatever it might be.....nature, the ballet, music, art, or a pet and embrace it. Don't put off the really important things in life, you don't know when you might get around to them again.
Thanks for keeping us up. Sorry to hear Van. Your last paragraph is truly inspirational and is to be lived!

Talk about a cold dreary day. Yesterday and the weekend in general were absolutely gorgeous. Temps hit the mid 60s. Ms Stank and I spent the weekend clearing a spot I want to build the wood shed at. Tough work but shit man, I love that sort of stuff....even with a jacked back. I smoked some DTF prior to starting yesterday and didn't feel anything until after we finished. Then I definitely felt something LOL! Man I love having a broad medicine cabinet with strains that fit into different boxes I need. All the ATF crosses seem to carry over the good pain killing effects. The only one I haven't tried yet is the Kushberry Thunderfuck. Thinking maybe I will plant a couple in memory of my cousin and give it whirl...maybe do one of them outdoors

Today its 30, been raining, grey and just blah. I think today is going to be a music day. This is one other song that was a favorite of his and mine. Had two of our favorite country artists in it with George and Jamey. Cheers fellas

Sorry to hear bud

Cancer is nasty, runs in my family

Hard to deal with but he is in a better place now, well at least we all hope so ..

:love::passitleft:
Ahh music, so good on the soul. I'll smoke this one for you today Stank.
30 shit man that's cold up here too! Ha
Yeah supposed to possibly get snow tonight/tomorrow. Guess I need to bring in the plants again. The Stankberry I had been putting outside during the day hasn't been enjoying the colder temps. Doesn't mind it 50+ but gets pissed when I leave it out down to 38. The leaf tips start rolling up on it. Also have a dwarf lemon tree I need to bring back in.

I just smoked a small two hit bowl of Tangie Ghost Train a bit ago....trying to find motivation today, but its just not happening LOL. Music seems to be on the menu today brother!

Sorry to hear bud

Cancer is nasty, runs in my family

Hard to deal with but he is in a better place now, well at least we all hope so ..
Thanks brother. Especially tough on that side of the family. Not many left. Cancer got a good lot of them. Tried to get my dad, but he's a stubborn ox of a man. Beat it, a heart attack and a stroke in 3 year period. He's still stubbornly winning, though not quite the same aura of invincibility he seemed to have had. Stroke still has slight effects on his speech and his equilibrium is off as a result of it. But he's a tough old coot. Glad to come from that stock.

I’m really sorry, man. Losing a family member like that must be difficult. I can bet the whole family is in tatters. Take care.

My cousin was a sailor (did 4 years) and an amateur athlete (played minor league baseball). I never knew the athlete part when I was younger as he was quite a few years older than me. Baseball was my love at a young age. My parents talk about a 4 year old Stank that would sit in front of the TV and watch a full 9 inning baseball game and throw a fit if you tried to change it. My other uncle played baseball and was signed by the Detroit Tigers and played in their minor league system before WW II....but never played after he served. Sorry guys....just thinking out loud. Anyhow...back when I was on Facebook....my cousin and I would send YouTube links of songs we loved and this one was we both loved.....very fitting. I always though it was the song I would want played when I left this world....if ya haven't ever heard it, its a good one. Written and sang by one of my favorite modern country singers

So sorry about your cousin. He had great taste in music, and in his memory it's going to be Allman Bros all afternoon. Hugs will be delivered as well.

:peace:
Well I kinda just let the Tube take the playlist where it goes......if it gets really off track, I give it a nudge to reset and fall back in line for a few hours. His dad was a hell of a musician. I was the only one that didn't inherit any musical abilities aside from my deaf sister :hmmmm:. Love listening but couldn't sing a lick or play note on anything. And thanks for the hugs brother! I appreciate all the love and support.

Back
Top Bottom