Stanks Sponsored Grow: Black Skull Seeds, Dos-Si-Dos & Wedding Cake

High everyone! :ciao: Back again for another update. Its a few days late in getting posted due to some well being issues but everything is back on track now!

We got these ladies into some new homes on March 1st after being in those little 1/2 gallon pots for over 45 days. I was very pleased with the roots on two of the ladies. The third girl is lacking a little bit for my liking but it still a decent enough root mass to get to up-potted. For anyone new joining us here that doesn't follow my perpetual, I really like to focus on root growth in veg. If you get the roots right, the shoots will fall right in line. But if you have bad roots, I can promise you that your shoots will follow suit. Happy and healthy roots.....lots of fruits!!! Lets take a look shall we!

Dos-si-dos (Fem) - Black Skull Seeds - Veg Day 44

This is the tall pheno of the two Dos-si-dos girls. You can see she's a lighter green and looking like she could use some fresh soil. I was very pleased with the roots on this girl. For how I like to grow, this is about perfect timing on the up pot relative to having an established root ball.

Dos-si-dos (Fem) - Black Skull Seeds - Veg Day 44

This is the shorter squat pheno of the two ladies (though you can't really tell from the pics). She's got a lot more more pronounced side branching that I will capture the next time I am in that tent. The roots on this girl were also just about perfect so we are nailing the up pot timing on this one as well.

Wedding Cake (Fem) - Black Skull Seeds - Veg Day 44

Last of the three girls. She was the only one that likely could have used one more wet-dry cycle to promote the root development to where I like it for up potting, but she was more than adequate for up potting now. You can definitely see the difference between the two above and this one.

All three girls went from the 1/2 gallon square pots, into 2 gallon round pots. Most likely they will get about a month in there before we look to up pot into their final pots. I probably won't be touching these for at least 10 days, other than to verify that the pot isn't dry every few days. I want to have the roots spread throughout all that new soil to find its needed water, not make things easy for them. I want those 2 gallon pots to look very similar to how the 1/2 gallon pot looked in terms of root development. I focus on growing roots in veg, and shoot in flower. Cheers!

Such a healthy root system. Excellent work :bravo:

we’re nearly in stride there VS. I’ll do an update this evening and you’ll see what I mean. My plants are going into fabric pots though, so I only do the one up pot(1gal ->5gal).

Hey van stank. Those are some lovely looking plants, so lush and green. Branching out nicely. I've been interested in watching some more organic grows lately and I think I'll sit down quietly in the back and try to learn something because obviously you got the canna mojo right down to the roots. Amazing root pictures!

Oh dang...I was getting all excited about this one and then boom...ran into Otter's behind.

I will be growing these indoors initially, though if I see anything that looks interesting I will take a cut and include it in the outdoor grow.
This is what I want to do for next year's outdoor season. I want to have some plants ready to go and that I know I will like for my outdoor space. That space is too valuable to gamble.
Nutes

None, I grow in a living organic super soil.
:circle-of-love::love::kiss: stop talking sexy to me like that. I'm married!
The basement temps are on the low side, 55 degrees, with the tent temps holding about 65 degrees
I would have be thrilled to have temps that low in the evening. What temps do you prefer for your vegging/flowering plants? I know for babies that warmer is better. But for plants that are older, I thought lower temps help them recover better for growth during the day. I may need to go over those details again though. I'm doubting myself or my memory anyway!

Well I hope everything went well with this grow. I was looking forward to reading up on this journal. I can't believe that I had not seen one of your journals yet Stank. I dig your style!

Where did he go? I saw all the of the month and year titles and wanted to see a show! Hope all is well though

Where did he go? I saw all the of the month and year titles and wanted to see a show! Hope all is well though
You know...me too! I was surprised that I hadn't honestly ever seen one of their journals. In reading the intro, I was sold! It was clear I could learn quite a bit. I do sincerely hope everything is OK. Seems odd to me that someone that detailed then just poof, is gone. :( I just get paranoid and sad. I hope I am wrong!

You know...me too! I was surprised that I hadn't honestly ever seen one of their journals. In reading the intro, I was sold! It was clear I could learn quite a bit. I do sincerely hope everything is OK. Seems odd to me that someone that detailed then just poof, is gone. :( I just get paranoid and sad. I hope I am wrong!
No, not at all unless I'm paranoid too. That is super weird. Especially someone who is obviously so well known here, to just not say anything at all that he wouldn't be around is quite alarming. Gives me anxiety. I sincerely hope hope he/she is OK

to just not say anything at all that he wouldn't be around is quite alarming. Gives me anxiety. I sincerely hope hope he/she is OK
I believe it is a matter of too much screen time and wanting to prioritize personal needs. Nothing to be anxious or paranoid about:meditate:

I believe it is a matter of too much screen time and wanting to prioritize personal needs. Nothing to be anxious or paranoid about:meditate:
Thank you, that makes me feel better!!

That's wonderful to hear! I'm glad that there are personal friendships outside of this forum. I appreciate sending the positive vibes. Send our blessings.

You guys have to understand us older folk have chronic pain problems where we aren't able to go online for days. Van Stank camo on Stoneotter's journal for a brief session. Sounded good, so I expect he'll be around some more! Happy Smokin'

You guys have to understand us older folk have chronic pain problems where we aren't able to go online for days. Van Stank camo on Stoneotter's journal for a brief session. Sounded good, so I expect he'll be around some more! Happy Smokin'
@Bode I have no idea if you guys are 25 or 75! The mom in me just starts to worry! Thanks for checking in on this feed!!!

Here is how Van summed it up:
I'm still doing what I do. Needed to focus on some personal stuff, mostly health and that required me leaving all the online stuff alone for a while. Neck and shoulders were so bad that looking down at anything just set the nerves off and sent all the surround muscle groups into a state of constant contraction. I kept trying to just push through it with all the gardening requirements and then the physical requirements of the work load here on the property and it just got to be too much. Down shifting gears has been tough for sure but it's necessary.

Back
Top Bottom