Stanks Sponsored Grow: Black Skull Seeds, Dos-Si-Dos & Wedding Cake

Greetings 420 Mag!

Going to start the new year off with a bang this year. To kick off the growing season, we will be growing out two strains that were offered to us by the seedbank sponsor @Dope-Seeds.com . Well let me tell ya a little about what will have going on here.

Medium

We will be growing these two strains out in our homemade organic soil, nicknamed Stank Soil, and those will be water only 95% of the time with an occasional aerated compost tea (ACT) or a top dressing or two done at strategic times. For anyone interested in the soil recipe, please feel free to ask, I will gladly share.

Grow Space

I will be growing these indoors initially, though if I see anything that looks interesting I will take a cut and include it in the outdoor grow. Indoors the plants will begin life in a 2'x4' tent under a Fluence Razr3 LED. They will stay there for the first 20-30 days of their life before moving into the 4'x4' veg tent which is powered by some Nextlight LEDs. For flowering they will get moved to the 5'x5' flowering tent.

Nutes

None, I grow in a living organic super soil.

Environment

This is the one area I am working on tweaking for better control. I will be doing this grow in our basement, where the temps are slightly less than optimal. The basement temps are on the low side, 55 degrees, with the tent temps holding about 65 degrees. I would love to squeeze another 5-10 degrees warmth into my environment, but until we get to building the finished grow-room space the plants will just have to make due. RH is my lone bright spot. Being in the basement, with a really good automatic dehydrator, I maintain a RH in the 55-60% range. Tents will spike up a bit at night but I move a lot of air, with both my exhaust fan (which is admittedly turned down a bit in the winter time to help retain heat) and with a box fan and tower fan in the tents.

Strains

These strains were listed as testers from BlackSkull Seeds and don't include any additional information on them. Both strains are very popular currently in the United States legal cannabis market but there is a bit of differing information on the genetic history so I won't post any of that without knowing firsthand what genetics were used.

Dos-Si-Dos - Generally listed as an indica dominant 70/30 split and is listed in the 8-10 weeks range for flowering times depending on phenotype.

Wedding Cake - Generally listed as indica dominant 60/40 split and is listed in the 7-9 weeks range for flowering times depending on phenotype.

Grow Schedule

Seedling lighting - 18 hours of light/6 hours of dark - Generally run seedlings for 20+ days before moving to the veg tent
Veg lighting - 18 hours of light/6 hours of dark - Veg will normally run for an additional 40-60 days before moving to flower tent
Flowering lighting - 11.5 hours of light/12.5 hours of dark - Flowers will run until buds are ready. I don't rush harvests unless its an exceptionally long running pheno.

Pot Sizes

Seedling will be grown in clear solo cups (allows me to monitor root health and growth early on and better gauge best time to up-pot) which are set inside of red solo cups for protection against the light.

Veg pot size - 2 gallons
Flower pot size - 5 or 7 gallon pots depending on plant count and growth vigor.

Number of Plants

I generally like to run (6) 5 gallon pots in a cycle. I will be dropping three Wedding cake and three Dos-Si-Dos in hopes of running that 6 plant set up. If there are any germination issues, I will drop the remaining two Dos-Si-Dos seeds to bring that count up.

Updates

Early on, when the plants are very small, the updates will come about every 5 days. Once things get rolling, especially in late veg and in flower, the updates will be more often.

If anyone has any additional questions pertaining to my setup or grow, please don't hesitate to ask or reach out via PM. Looking forward to a killer grow to kick off the New Year. Happy New Year folks!!!:snowboating:

Highya VS,

I can't wait to see what you can do with these new strains! Last ones were looking super frosty! Will be fun to watch!! Happy Smokin'

I'm in V! Happy new year. Im in!! My Wedding Cake clones all passed on so ill watch yours grow instead.
Smile and stay stoneder

Evening folks, we are back again. I figured I would take this chance to share a trick I do to avoid something most growers have done at some point......drop multiple strains and not label them. I have done it multiple times and this is my trick now. I tape something to the dish that will help keep me from forgetting which is which.

I’m in for the grow show Van!
Hey Penny! Good to see ya! :ciao:
Highya VS,

I can't wait to see what you can do with these new strains! Last ones were looking super frosty! Will be fun to watch!! Happy Smokin'
Welcome Bode! Great seeing ya bud!
I'm in V! Happy new year. Im in!! My Wedding Cake clones all passed on so ill watch yours grow instead.
Smile and stay stoneder
Welcome Fred! This will be my first go with either of these strains so I am pretty excited. I grew Black Skull Zkittlez last year which was a big hit and I have their Gelato going in my perpetual journal which is a beast so I'm looking forward to these!

Hey there Stanks, I’d like to sit in on this one if I may. Couple of heavy hitter strains to be sure, and I’ve seen what you can do with your stank soil. Should be an exceptional crop!
:ganjamon:

I'm here to watch and learn... :popcorn:

Also curious about your Stank soil recipe? :hookah:

I am in on this show if you dont mind.
Welcome PC! Glad to have ya!
I'm here to watch and learn... :popcorn:

Also curious about your Stank soil recipe? :hookah:
Feel free to PM me any questions or swing over to the "Stanks Switch it Up in 2019" (kinda our continued perpetual grow) and ask any questions over there. I don't want to go down a rabbit hole on our soil in a sponsored grow. Don't want to seem like I am doing any self promotion LOL.

Oh and welcome, glad to have ya here! Hope we can all learn a little something! If ya ain't learning, what are ya doing? (In my mind, If I ain't learning.....:hmmmm: I gots to be getting dumberer right?)
Hehe Mr Sauga said Stank Wagon! I can't wait to see you grow these babies Van! 2021 grows for the win!

Glad to have you here brother! Otters are always welcome on the Stank Wagon!
Pulling up a chair and lighting one up
Welcome Tim, glad to see a new face here!
I am in for a 2021 grow show , Happy New Year Van S.
Happy New Year Smokes! Hope we can put on a great show for you guys!
:ciao: :popcorn:Got some of these to do myself once I have some space. Looking forward to the show.

Hey Vet, been meaning to make way over to find one of your threads. I'm an old retarded...err...retired Jarhead. Figured with your name there might have been something interesting over your way. Welcome! Let us know when you start yours up!
Ready to tag along!
Hey FR, great to see ya bud! Welcome aboard!

Back
Top Bottom