Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Great to hear from you, Stank!

I miss the conversations, too. Maybe I'll get another journal going, and we can have some more off-topic discussions again. :laughtwo: Best to you and yours!

Great to hear from you, Stank!

I miss the conversations, too. Maybe I'll get another journal going, and we can have some more off-topic discussions again. :laughtwo: Best to you and yours!
Hey Graytail....how are you bud! I have to say, I am pretty excited. I know you are a HUGE fan of Carnival, and you and SweetSue have inspired me to try growing that strain many times with no success on germination. Well a buddy of ours is running it and sent me a cut. Apparently that cut is receiving rave reviews from his crowd and that just has hella excited for her. She's pretty good sized and will get getting flipped likely tomorrow. Apparently this cut takes kind of a wicked twist when you let it go 11 weeks vs 10 weeks.

I'm also running two Destroyers right now (Both females). I am a glutton for punishment with those two. One is in a 7 and one is in and 10 and they are both big and unflipped at this point (should be flipping tomorrow). My sativa stash is almost empty so this going to be a very good run for daytime stuff.

LOL, big unflipped Destroyers? Uh oh. My last cut was a heavy Thai leaner, all wild and free! Wheeeee! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Rave reviews for Carnival? Yup, if you have a taste for that high, Carnival sure satisfies it. I ran out, so I'm getting by with some old Golden Tiger x Oldtimers Haze. Nice and speedy but it lacks Carnival's peace of mind. I'm glad you'll finally have a chance to find out what all the hoopla is about.

:thumb:

LOL, big unflipped Destroyers? Uh oh. My last cut was a heavy Thai leaner, all wild and free! Wheeeee! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Rave reviews for Carnival? Yup, if you have a taste for that high, Carnival sure satisfies it. I ran out, so I'm getting by with some old Golden Tiger x Oldtimers Haze. Nice and speedy but it lacks Carnival's peace of mind. I'm glad you'll finally have a chance to find out what all the hoopla is about.

:thumb:
Yes sir....I will get pics of it tomorrow. I just sprayed the next bunch getting ready to be flipped, gave them all hair cuts, top dressings and some water today. They are in lights out right now. I am scared and excited to flip her. I think she will test my ability to control her height. Gonna be fun.

I just topped the one in the 10 gallon. Not sure how long I can get away with letting her veg before flipping her. She's not as tall as the one in the 7 so I am hoping I can score a couple more weeks out of her.

Your Destroyer isn't as big as I feared. But that node spacing gives an idea of what's to come. :laughtwo: (You can always supercrop if you have to.) My last one bloomed in mid-summer and it loved the high heat and humidity in the tent, and it went 12+ weeks. I think I finally chopped it because it went all foxtails from the heat.

And I think Carnival went longer. 11 weeks isn't long at all for the strain. I've been taking mine at 12 weeks average I think. They bulk up nicely and the punch improves, too. Just checked - yep, I took my last Carnival to 14 weeks. It was the tall pheno, and yours doesn't look like the short one. Love that tall pheno - that's where the meth punch comes through the best.

What a textbook picture of health, too! Nice work!

Your Destroyer isn't as big as I feared. But that node spacing gives an idea of what's to come. :laughtwo: (You can always supercrop if you have to.) My last one bloomed in mid-summer and it loved the high heat and humidity in the tent, and it went 12+ weeks. I think I finally chopped it because it went all foxtails from the heat.

And I think Carnival went longer. 11 weeks isn't long at all for the strain. I've been taking mine at 12 weeks average I think. They bulk up nicely and the punch improves, too. Just checked - yep, I took my last Carnival to 14 weeks. It was the tall pheno, and yours doesn't look like the short one. Love that tall pheno - that's where the meth punch comes through the best.

What a textbook picture of health, too! Nice work!
She might not look that big, but she just had a major hair cut yesterday where I took about 1/3 off her. She does look a bit smaller after that, but I'm telling ya......she is going to test that height in the tent for sure. Her sister maybe not as much, but this one will. Unfortunately I don't have much heat in the basement this time of the year. My tent temps might hit 70 on a good day and probably hover closer to 65 during the winter. It should start warming up a little by the end of flower LOL :laugh:

I don't generally have a planned stop time on most plants, I just kinda let them go until they stop drinking. I don't remember the last time I scoped a plant. I Just wing it I guess LOL. The drinking thing has proved to be the most accurate method of figuring out the appropriate chop time for how I grow. I will the Carnival and the Destroyer go as long as they want to go....no rush at all on my part brother.

And thank you! The plants and soil all seem to be clicking along properly for me lately.

On a side note....I figured I would share a very recent story regarding one of our sponsors.

I have been growing out under the NextLight Mega here for the past couple years. Well recently one of the NextLight Megas that were given out as prize for one of the contests started to act a little funky. It seemed to loose about half of its power/brightness and when I busted out the trustee phone PAR meter and compared it to the other NextLight Mega, it was only producing about half the PAR of its counterpart. Not good. Another week goes by as I'm trying to figure out what I am going to do about this and I opened the tent again and this time the light lost about another 50% of its brightness. I measured the par again and its pulling about 1/4 of the other light.

Not knowing what to do as I didn't buy it in a store, I reached out to the NextLight representative here. I contacted them over the weekend and I noticed I had a response from them this morning. They said someone would contact me shortly and a few hours later, I got a phone call from them.

I gave them all the necessary information and he said "Ok, we will get that out to ASAP". I asked the obvious question, what is specific time frame of ASAP because I am smack dab in the middle of flower. He said most likely a day or two but he couldn't promise anything. I thanked him and continued about my day. A couple hours later, I get a text that I need to make sure to have an adult home tomorrow for a FEDEX delivery tomorrow.

How is that for standing up for your product and supporting a fantastic warranty program. All I have to do is ship the defective one back in the new box. Less than 24 hours from when contact to a scheduled replacement delivery. In today's world where so few companies care about you after they get your payment, that sort of support goes a long way, especially on a product that I didn't actually pay a penny for since it was a sponsors prize.

Having said that, I have never actually purchased anything from NextLight, I was lucky to win mine, but if I ever need to buy something for my garden, I will promise it will be NextLight. I really appreciate a company that does its absolute best to keep their customers satisfied. I don't judge the product for failing as I realize that those things happen in the world of electronics, a defect can happen for any number of reasons. What I can judge is how you treat me when I am displeased with your product.....and NextLight really won me over with that responsiveness. So anyone out there looking or thinking about a new light purchase, please consider giving them a look.

On a side note....I figured I would share a very recent story regarding one of our sponsors.

I have been growing out under the NextLight Mega here for the past couple years. Well recently one of the NextLight Megas that were given out as prize for one of the contests started to act a little funky. It seemed to loose about half of its power/brightness and when I busted out the trustee phone PAR meter and compared it to the other NextLight Mega, it was only producing about half the PAR of its counterpart. Not good. Another week goes by as I'm trying to figure out what I am going to do about this and I opened the tent again and this time the light lost about another 50% of its brightness. I measured the par again and its pulling about 1/4 of the other light.

Not knowing what to do as I didn't buy it in a store, I reached out to the NextLight representative here. I contacted them over the weekend and I noticed I had a response from them this morning. They said someone would contact me shortly and a few hours later, I got a phone call from them.

I gave them all the necessary information and he said "Ok, we will get that out to ASAP". I asked the obvious question, what is specific time frame of ASAP because I am smack dab in the middle of flower. He said most likely a day or two but he couldn't promise anything. I thanked him and continued about my day. A couple hours later, I get a text that I need to make sure to have an adult home tomorrow for a FEDEX delivery tomorrow.

How is that for standing up for your product and supporting a fantastic warranty program. All I have to do is ship the defective one back in the new box. Less than 24 hours from when contact to a scheduled replacement delivery. In today's world where so few companies care about you after they get your payment, that sort of support goes a long way, especially on a product that I didn't actually pay a penny for since it was a sponsors prize.

Having said that, I have never actually purchased anything from NextLight, I was lucky to win mine, but if I ever need to buy something for my garden, I will promise it will be NextLight. I really appreciate a company that does its absolute best to keep their customers satisfied. I don't judge the product for failing as I realize that those things happen in the world of electronics, a defect can happen for any number of reasons. What I can judge is how you treat me when I am displeased with your product.....and NextLight really won me over with that responsiveness. So anyone out there looking or thinking about a new light purchase, please consider giving them a look.
I've spoken with them and from those conversations could tell they were right. Best luck with the new one.

And the @NextLight Mega has touched down, less than 24 hours after speaking with their customer service rep. Man that's impressive. I can't say enough about how that kind of service!! Now to go give these ladies the light they have been craving for the last couple weeks!

I have shared it a few times....not sure where....but I can certainly re-state the trick

The key to revegging most strain starts with understanding the roots. Most strains stop growing roots after the stretch when they really start building the buds. In order to reveg a plant, you need to get the roots to start growing again. You do this by switching the lighting. So about 10 days before you intend to harvest a plant you should switch that plant back to an 18-6 lighting schedule. It generally takes 10-14 days (very similar to cloning) for the roots to transition back to vegging roots.

So you move the plant or plants back to 18-6 and 10 days go by.......time to chop the plant. Take 95% of the buds off the plant or plants. Leave 5-7 small nugs with a few leaves on it and continue to reveg under 18-6 until you start to see the new growth appear. If by some weird chance you see any growth before you harvest, that should be your signal to harvest it.

If you are a nute grower I would imagine you would need to switch back to mild veg nutes....but with soil I don't deal with any of that.

The key is to start the 18-6 lighting before you go chopping. Also helps not to let the plant completely die....so if you have any intention of revegging a plant, I recommend chopping a bit on the early side to help bring her back into vegging.
Thanks shed. For the tip. Bro. So looks like I'm doing it right. Lmao. Good for me.

Back
Top Bottom