Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Hi All! We apologize for the absence. I swear it's not because I have Stank locked up in the basement dungeon...anymore! He has been struggling with neck and shoulder issues and spending too much time on the computer makes it worse. I'm sure he will post something soon, as he misses the 420 community! Thank you for your concern and hopefully we will be back to a more regular posting schedule!

I just ran the numbers if I did it correct for that Northern I mentioned.
35 days above surface veg mode
55 days of flower
105 grams / 90 days = 1.16 grams per day
105 grams/5 gal = 21 Grams per gallon.

Many thanks my brother.
Noticed my veg times are way shorter, probably way too short for the big yields.
Sorry about jamming your thread.

This is interesting math. I always flower in the same container and always use the same soil and water and lights.

I track (loosely) g/watt over time.
I don't always do it but I do track my dry weight per plant and the time.

The "quality" is the subjective part.
For me its usually the last plant I harvested is "the best weed ever bro". lol

If I have a plant that is somewhat low yielder, but its top shelf meds and finishes FAST like >50 days in flower I have a keeper. Low yielder for me is 4 zips dried.

So a 45 day strain that I can run perpetual, I'll get 8zips every 90 days 1 plant ran back to back. 1 space in my grow room. Thats good for me, real good.

The holy grail is that high end 45 day strain. Jellium was there for me. Then the 10 minutes to takes to trim. Thats a winner & keeper in my book.

Wishing the Stank Master a pain free day!

Raining poop cant be good. I pulled down some drop ceiling in our basement because the mice liked to use it for ..... well it was raining poop. Not good.

Hi All! We apologize for the absence. I swear it's not because I have Stank locked up in the basement dungeon...anymore! He has been struggling with neck and shoulder issues and spending too much time on the computer makes it worse. I'm sure he will post something soon, as he misses the 420 community! Thank you for your concern and hopefully we will be back to a more regular posting schedule!
Thanks Ms Stank we miss him. Damn neck, I just had radio wave therapy in mine with big time good results. (migraines)Check it out. Tell him Hi from Otter please and your Stankberries are blowing my mind!

It’s good to hear he’s alive and well!

Hey all...just trying to catch up on things here and get this update that i took pics of yesterday posted today.

Sorry for being MIA here the last couple weeks. Things were quiet around the garden after finishing the harvests and my neck and shoulder area were just on fire. Felt like I have a 500 lb gorilla sitting on my shoulders jabbing hot needles into my neck. Nothing seems to get it to back off. Gonna look into one of those traction therapy things for the neck and see if I can't get some relief. Anyways, not gonna bore anyone to death with it, but lets just say its been a really rough patch here.

Garden isn't doing very well either ironically. Starting to deal with the same thing I dealt with last year around this time. Starting to get a better idea of what's happening.....and have been trying to figure out a plan of action before I loose everything again. Just what I need to go along with the pain situation....a dire garden situation.

Good news is I think I know the cause of the issue.....or at least the catalyst for the funk. Lets recap what I have figured out. Stank cooks his soil recipe......pretty much the same way every time he makes it. The amendments don't change much if any at all outside of adjusting Calcium and Magnesium ratios. So why am I thinking there is an issue? Cause my plants just aren't reacting the way they are supposed to when the soil is going good. Well....how long did it cook for? Much longer than it normally does..... :hmmmm:

Ok, so amendments aren't changing, and cook time is sufficient.....what is different? Only thing I can come up with is the cook temps for the batches of soil I mixed up last fall/winter that I was using last year when the funk hit, and for the batches I am using this winter. The basement temps are hovering in the 55 degree range and both batches mixed last year. So the same recipe cooked outdoors in the summer performed fine.....but the batches cooked in the basement just seem toxic to the plants.

I have started using recycled soil from the earlier plants I have harvested to see if any future plants or cuts react differently. Its got to be the soil and not the basement temps because I have cuts of what were healthy plants that were recent transplanted into the winter batch of soil that are growing in an upstairs spare bedroom and as soon as they went into that soil they started showing all the same signs of the funk.

I know the cooler temps of the basement are less than optimal and are having adverse effects on yields....but I am seeing signs of the funk on plants growing upstairs as soon as they go into the apparent toxic soil. Soil was fine when it was cooked outdoors ........but no good when cooked in colder basement temps. Has to be the cooking process isn't happening. The plants growing in the poorly cooked soil just don't look good. Putting on the thinking cap to come up with a plan of action for this situation....since the soil I have on hand is no good and there is no guarantee that recycled soil is going to do the trick, and I can't recook another batch of soil until its warmer outside and thats still at least 2 months away.

Anyways....yesterday was a better day pain wise thankfully and I got take pics for an update and I got to harvest Ms Stank's Purple Orange CBD plant. Neck and Shoulders went to shit after that and I didn't get the update done. Figured I would get this done before things lock up on me.

Balls Deep (Regs) - Stank Genetics - Flip Day 26

These are the plants that really started to set off the alarms in my head about the soil. I transplanted them and they just stalled.....like nothing. Then slowly the lower leaves started to slowly die off. It seems like after a month, it started to grow out of it. I saw it in the BCP cutting I had that was transplanted into the same batch of soil.....all growth stopped, then leaves started to die off. Everything that went into that batch of soil did the same thing....regardless if it growing in the basement or in the upstairs bedroom. It started growing decently again after about 3 weeks in the soil and receiving lots of foliar sprays. I think these girls are going to make it....but I don't have much hope for a quality grow for these.

Mimosa (Clone) - Symbiotic Genetics - Flip Day 59

This lady is finishing up and will be coming down tomorrow most likely. It was grown in the batch of soil that was cooked outside and didn't show any signs of the funk. It has grown as well as possible for being the cooler basement temps. Has a really nice sweet smell, with a combo of orange and fruit smell.

Purple Orange CBD (Fem) - Dinafem - Harvest Day 74

Another one that was grown in the batch of soil cooked outdoors this summer and that did as well as can be expected. The colas on this lady were very large and finally densed up the last week. She slowed her drinking down a day or two ago so she got chopped yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom