Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Harvest Update.....

We chopped the Grandpa Tokin GG#4 last monday and the weights are in on that bad girl. She was grown out in a 5 gallon pot again and yielded 153 grams dried. That puts me just over the ounce per gallon mark which is where I like to be....so I am thrilled. That's the last three plants that have all hit right at or above that mark....meaning my soil is clicking like it needs to be. Should just continue to improve as the basement temps are hitting low to mid 70s now....much better than mid 50s in winter and mid 60s in spring. I expect the summer yield numbers to continue to climb :cheesygrinsmiley:

We have two more girls that are getting down to chop time.......the small Jack Herer clone and the smaller KA5H clone. The Jack is on flip day 59 right now and seems to be starting to slow down her drinking. The KA5H is on flip day 67 and she generally goes in the 75-80 day range. She is still drinking pretty good so we will let her continue to go as long as she is drinking. Both of them are getting extremely solid and chunky....much better this time around as opposed to the winter grow. After these two....we will be taking a month or so off from any harvests before starting to ramp up the summer run harvests.

Gotta love watching the leaves follow the sun throughout the day. What size pot is she in?
2 1/2- 3 gallons, I had planned out putting her outside but spring weather was crappy and cold. I should get her up potted asap.

Took a few pics today of a few of the outdoor girls. Sorry for the quality....that damn bright ass ball of burning gas makes getting a good shot tricky when you don't know what you are doing. Next time I will try a different time of day....maybe just as the sun goes down behind the trees.

We will start this off with the little ones.....

Malawi x Northern Lights Auto (Fems) - ACE Seeds - Day 17

First up are the Malawi x Northern Lights Auto sisters. Both are starting to kick into gear and are growing out of the seedling stage. I gave both of them a little water around the edges yesterday. No real size difference between #1 (the 5 gallon pot) and #2 (the 15 gallon pot) but I expect to start seeing a difference in the next week or two as the bigger pot lets those roots roam. :tommy:

Blue Dreamatic Auto (Fems) - Fast Buds - Unknown Age

Here is one that just goes to show you can't win em all! I had tried 4 out of the 5 seeds in the Vaults giveaway about a year and a half ago.....and none of them sprouted. I had this one left and figured I would pop it and throw it outside. I germinated back around the beginning of May if I remember correctly and it came up all funky looking and growing in a corkscrew shape. It stunted and stalled for a couple week and I finally threw it outside where it kind stayed the same or improved just a little bit. About the time it started to grow a little bit, it started flowering. Can't say I am impressed with this batch of seeds....especially when you compare them to the two Autos above.:hmmmm:

Speaking of Blue Dream.....I had a few Humboldt Seeds Blue Dream and its a favorite of a buddy of mine so I decided to pop a couple. Originally I was going to give him one and keep one but one just isn't doing well and hasn't done much since it popped so I kept the healthy one :laugh: and he can come pick up some buds. I wouldn't give the other one to anyone just because of the pitiful way its growing. This one has done really well since being transplanted into the 20 gallon pot 17 days ago. She didn't do much the first week as her roots got settled...but the last 10 days she really exploded. I will probably top her tomorrow.

Blue Dream (Fem) - Humboldt Seed Organization - Veg Day 39

Spent a few hours outdoors watering the big girls.....takes a while when each one is drinking 4-5 gallons of water per cycle. Also got around to giving the Jack Herer a bit of a hair cut. She lost about half her leaves in the process and I cut off a lot of lower branches that just weren't going to make it. She looks a lot better now :cheesygrinsmiley: . She continues to get very big! She's come up on 50" across at her widest point and is standing about 36" tall. Her stem continues just swell and grow daily....almost monster like. Definitely not the prettiest stalk I have seen :morenutes:

Jack Herer (Clone) - Seedsman

Next to the Jack is one of my current favorites.....the Super Silver Haze. She is really a stunning specimen to me.....just the perfect shaped tree. She stands up on the deck and takes all the wind that we can throw at it and stands up perfectly straight. I will be taking cuts off her this weekend as the equinox just passed and the plants will likely start realizing its time to start transitioning into flower. I don't want the clones to reveg....so I want to take them before there is any chance of that. Its my intention to take the cut and do a quick a turn on it. She's standing 47" from the top of soil line right now. She was transplanted into this pot on June 1st so she's been in the pot for 24 days.....she was 18" tall when I put her in there.

Super Silver Haze (Fem) - Greenhouse Seeds - Veg Day 78

Now we move on to some of our own strains growing outdoors. I wanted to run one of each strain and just see how it did outdoors with no training.....let em go naturally. I have been surprised with the uniformity of the growth of all three. They got transplanted into the 20 gallon pot 18 days ago and really blown me away with their growth. I didn't measure them when I put them in the 20s but I can tell you they are beasting it.

Up first is the DTF. Anyone not familiar with DTF, its a cross of a nice Durban Poison female with a monster ATF male we ran a couple years ago. She is the one that seems to be attracting the insect issue for whatever reason. I took a couple shots of her leaves that are getting sucked by those bugs I posted yesterday. Aside from the bugs liking the suck on the leaves, she is growing great. No signs of the normal cannabis pests thankfully!! I gave her 4 gallons of water yesterday and she was a very happy camper for it!

DTF (Regs) - Stank Genetics - Veg Day 58

So you can see those little bugs can do a number on a leaf if you let them. I think in low numbers, its just cosmetic....it certainly doesn't seem to be affecting how she is growing. I love the shape on this girl as well.....another beautiful tree shape.

Next up is the Kushberry Thunderfuck. For anyone joining us late its a cross of a Blue Kush female and the same monster ATF male. Its growing very similar to the DTF and the Stankberry with the exception of the fan leaf size. These fan leaves are FREAKING HUGE!! Single fingers on the big leaves are over 9" long. She is sitting right next to the DTF but I haven't seen any of those other insects on this girl. I will be spraying all of them soon.....wish there was a way to do a sulfur burn on the big girls.....:hmmmm:.....see this is why I need a greenhouse!! Close up the greenhouse and get a couple more burners and problem solved!!

KBTF (Regs) - Stank Genetics - Veg Day 58

Did I mention she had huge fan leaves?? I may have to press and save one of these monsters. I swear they are more than double the size of a normal indoor fan leaf. Its amazing the power of the sun and how differently outdoor plants grow from indoor girls.

Last up is the Stankberry. Stankberry is a cross of a very terpy Blueberry from Seedsman x the monster ATF male. Its usually the most vigorous growing plant in our tent but outdoors it doesn't run away from any of the other plants....in fact, the three of them look very similar and are identical heights. All three strains are standing 36" tall at this point

Stankberry (Regs) - Stank Genetics - Veg Day 58

And here are a couple shots of the Stank Genetics ladies and how similar they are growing.

KBTF has some monster leaves indeed. May she have monster buds as well (if monster buds are a good thing in your humidity.)

I have heard that autoflowers start to flower as soon as the taproot feels there is no place to go. With the Blue Dream Autos in seedling pots, one Malawi x NLA in 5 gallons, and the other Malawi x NLA in 15 gallons, if the 15 gallon is taller than the 5 gallon you have set up a good experiment of this theory !

never thought of yields in zips/gal, always watts, or sq foot, but that is a good metric.
Hey Nobody....thanks!! Yeah I like that metric as well as yield per day. Those are the two that I gauge yield by. Without days....you could veg the hell outta a plant and claim a great yield. But those two measurements tend to paint a more accurate picture of a high yielding strain.

Everything looks so fantastic! Even your little runt still looks cute.
But those Jack Herers :drool:DTF:drool:the rest of the stank crosses:drool:

Thanks HH!! Very happy with all of the outdoor lineup. We have been getting blasted with rain finally the last 3 days and man let me tell you what, EXPLOSIVE GROWTH. Pics to come!!

Sharpening the axe for those outdoor ladies? :laugh:
Looking great brother

Yeah I keep a good edge on the chainsaw LOL, gonna be fun!! Watch out, I might be calling you over for reinforcements when its time to chop em!!

Good to see ya Sparkey....hope all is well with you bud!

:passitleft:
Dude! Sorry it's been a while but somehow I got unsub'd. :sorry:
Plants are looking stellar, as usual, and hope all is well. :high-five:

Krip, good to see ya bud. Thank you my friend....very happy with the condition of the ladies! Things definitely looking up in Stankville!!

Hey 420!

Hope everyone is staying healthy and high this summer. Been a wet few days here finally....which was very welcome. We hadn't had any rain in a month until a couple days ago. We have picked up about 4 inches in the last 2.5 days and the plants have literally exploded.

For some of you that have followed my journals for a while know that I preach the benefits of rain water (even though I haven't been using it much in the last year). I stopped using it when there was a question about the origin of the funk that hit our garden last year. But since then we narrowed down the cause of the funk to poorly cooked winter soil, I am not worried about the funk from the gutters.

All the outdoor girls have shot up about 5 inches since we started getting all the rain. Not just the size, but the fullness and new green that you really only see with rain from thunderstorms. I swear that rain water is like magic to the girls.

Stankberry (Reg) - Stank Genetics

This lady....wow....has she ever filled out over the last couple days. She went from 34 inches to 39.5 since the rain started. She's the shortest of the three strains currently which is odd since this strain normally has much more vigorous growth rates than most others, but not with this one. I have hopes that it means she's leaning more towards the Blueberry side than the ATF side.....which will mean its more likely the blueberry muffin pheno I have been wanting. Will take a clone off her this week and grow her inside just in case its the one I'm looking for.

KBTF (Reg) - Stank Genetics

This one is coming in at 40 inches....just a smidge taller than the Stankberry. She still has the biggest fan leaves I have seen on any plant. I had another two KBTF going indoors that I started a few weeks after this one. Both of those showed sex yesterday and are both females. I up potted one to a 2 gallon girl and I gave the other one to a neighbor to grow out.

DTF (Reg) - Stank Genetics

This lady is the tallest of the bunch.....measuring in just under 41 inches. She isn't filling out quite as much as the Stankberry but I have been blown away by her growth and general structure.

Blue Dream (Fem) - Humboldt Seed Organization

We topped this lady a couple days ago and she has jumped up a couple inches with the rain water as well. Not 5 inches of growth but at least 2 inches so I expect to see really good growth this next week from her.

Sour Pineapple (Clone) - Annunaki Genetics

Starting to see some really aggressive growth from this clone now. She's been in the pot for a bit over a month now. I have her mom flowering out now in the basement so I will get a good comparison on indoor vs outdoor quality on this one. Very excited to try her!!

Super Silver Haze (Fem) - Greenhouse Seeds

Last one up for the day is the biggest girl in the stable now. She was 47 inches tall before the rain.....she's over 52 as of this morning. She takes the wind with no issues up here and stays pretty much perfectly upright with no support which I hope will carry through flower. I will likely throw a 6" bamboo stake in there soon for additional support.

I'll grab pics of the flower tent tonight I hope.....enjoy your day and I hope everyone has a wonderful upcoming 4th of July weekend!!

Well I had an outdoor plant a few years ago, first time growing outside. She was about 42"
tall and doing really well. Big thick main stalk. Next day after a wind/rain storm she was snapped over about a foot up from the bottom and laying on the ground. Consider a tall bamboo pole sooner then later just in case.

Hey Van,plants look fantastic bro. I just ordered 3pk of each couple days ago the SSH and SLH from Greenhouse. Your SSH looks great but heard some folks complaining about their seeds are hard to pop.
Pretty excited about them, hopefully i will get a good germ rate.
good to see ya buddy, Cheers

Looking good there Stanks.. Just went thru your journal for your outdoor summer crop. Man they grow fast outside. Your hitting it brother.

We need some rain....

No sub for the sun and no sub for the rain.

Congrats on your hauls. 5 zips is always a good pull for in doors.

Loving that new lamp you got for POTY - thats a weird name for a contest. lol My brain reads potty.

Good job all your ladies look great.

GL with your summer times hope you get just enough rain but not too much and fall is warm and dry!

Woodn't that be nice eh?

Well I had an outdoor plant a few years ago, first time growing outside. She was about 42"
tall and doing really well. Big thick main stalk. Next day after a wind/rain storm she was snapped over about a foot up from the bottom and laying on the ground. Consider a tall bamboo pole sooner then later just in case.

I have some 6 footers I will be putting into all the untopped girls this weekend. Thanks for chiming in Beez! We live on a really windy hill, and they get have been getting their asses kicked since they went outside. Its amazing how much stronger they are than the indoor girls.

Hey Van,plants look fantastic bro. I just ordered 3pk of each couple days ago the SSH and SLH from Greenhouse. Your SSH looks great but heard some folks complaining about their seeds are hard to pop.
Pretty excited about them, hopefully i will get a good germ rate.
good to see ya buddy, Cheers

I have heard that about Greenhouse's seeds, especially their SLH here lately. The SSH was a freebie from Seedsman on a breeder promotion from 2017 or 2018 and the SLH was actually purchased. I only popped one of each and they both sprouted with no issues. I know Greenhouse seeds can catch a bad rap at times but I think overall I am 5 for 5 with their stuff. I certainly can't say that about all the other breeders stuff I have tried.

I hope you have as good of luck as I have had with them.....are you going to journal them?

Got down into the Flower tent last night for a few pics while I was watering the girls. I added in a box fan into that tent to increase the overall air flow.....and it certainly does that. Temps were hanging around 84 with the lights on, and with the box fan the temps at the top of the tent are the same as the temps at the floor level. There used to be about a 5-6 degree difference before the box fan.

I need to get in and do some defoliating on a few of these ladies. The leaves are a bit thicker than I like and with the temps higher I need better airflow. Lets take a look at a couple of the girls down there.

1st up is the Alien OG clone. She is a stout stout stout girl!! No bamboo stakes required to hold anything up on this one. She is starting to pick up her drinking rate to that of everyone else in the tent. She is one that is in need of removing some of the larger fan leaves and the internal fans.

Alien OG (Clone) - Cali Connection - Flip Day 32

Next up is the 2nd go around on the Labyrinth. I didn't talk a lot about the smoke of the Labyrinth much.....well because it just really wasn't my cup of tea...at least for how I smoke. What I mean by that is I generally always start out with sativas to start the day and don't switch to hybrids until late afternoon. So when I smoke the Labyrinth after smoking sativas I don't feel much of anything. Its just like a watered down high/stone. Bummer right? Well my friends absolutely love the stuff. I've got a combat vet buddy that has bad PTSD and he said its the best thing he's ever found for PTSD. Other friends rave about it as well.

I gave it a shot a few other times and found the key.....I have to smoke it on a clean system. If I smoke it to start the day, its a completely different high and very enjoyable....but its not a sativa and its not the most productive strain. So I would rarely start my day smoking it, and so I just chalk it up as a strain I will keep around for friends but not so much for me. I have other strains I would much prefer over this one. Having said all that......she is a beautiful strain to grow. Easily a top 5 frosty strain for me. She's another one thats a wild mess right now, but she's looking really good.

Labyrinth (Clone) - Exotic Genetics - Flip Day 32

Last up for this update is Ms Stank's Durban. She's rolling along nicely and seems to be the most developed flower wise of the 4 I flipped together, or at least is right there with the Sour Cherries. She's started to lose a few lower fan leaves and the internal ones are starting to slowly fade yellow. The breeder lists her flower range from 50 to 70 days so who the heck knows when she'll be done. Not using any ground malted barley on her on the initial run as I want to find what her normal finish time is. When I run her cuts, I'll run one with and one without the malted barley and find out the differences in finish times. I can't remember what she finished in the first time....but I think it was around 57-60 days.

Durban (Reg) - Sensi Seeds - Flip Day 32

One day I'm going to have to quit saying I'm going to grow a Durbin and actually get it done! There's just so many strains and so little time and sadly room in which to grow them.

Your plants are all looking really great. The soil funk is a thing of the past.

Back
Top Bottom