Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Awesome garden and I love that Jack.
Thanks for the kind words and thanks for posting that update.....thats exactly a month ago and lets me see how much the Stank Genetics grew during that period. I just measured them this evening and they are hanging right at 4 feet tall above the soil line. You just don't get that sort of growth indoors....almost makes growing indoors boring (until you realize how many different kinds of bugs and pests you have to deal with when growing outdoors).

I had to give the Jack a top dressing yesterday. Looked like the energy level in the soil was dropping. She was in un amended used soil......so she got about 2 months worth of aggressive vegetative growth before needing anything other than water. She looked a lot perkier today and her leaves looked a bit greener.

Thanks for swinging through! :passitleft:

A5 is going to be fun to watch Van. Finally, Seedsman got them back in stock on Ace, so picked up a 3pk about a month ago.
Cheers man, great genetics you have there brother
Hey Sparkey....glad to hear you got your mitts on some KA5H!! I was pretty bummed on my last harvest. I lost a lot of her to bud rot. The colas were getting really fat and I just didn't have sufficient air flow. Lesson learned......I won't make that same mistake with the one just starting to flower now. I have been lazy when it comes to cleaning up the lower growth and it probably cost me a couple ounces :rolleyes:....and that stuff's in high demand.

When are you going to pop those bad girls?

Hey Sparkey....glad to hear you got your mitts on some KA5H!! I was pretty bummed on my last harvest. I lost a lot of her to bud rot. The colas were getting really fat and I just didn't have sufficient air flow. Lesson learned......I won't make that same mistake with the one just starting to flower now. I have been lazy when it comes to cleaning up the lower growth and it probably cost me a couple ounces :rolleyes:....and that stuff's in high demand.

When are you going to pop those bad girls?
Soon bud, I still have that order of SSH and SLH coming soon. Just might save those for a rainy day.
Still have Gorillabop and Boptang on deck ready to go but might break it up with that A5, gotta have some sativa in the mix..lol..

I can't even keep my tents in the 50s anymore. Minimum I am seeing now is 60% with lights on....not terrible but still not great. You know its creeping up when the lights go out. I threw a big box fan in both of my flower tents.....no shortage of air movement in there now!

:thumb:

Nice ‘quick and dirty’ fence too! The outdoor plants are looking tip top - watching them stretch now is going to be big fun.

Always a good catchup in here. :nomo:
Thanks Amy! Just got done watering them....they are growing like mad. Got bamboo stakes into them to protect them from the winds just in case!! Hard to believe that they have only been in those pots for 31 days now!

Man its warm out there today!!!! Was doing some mild work outside with the girls and I was literally soaked to the bone in about an hour.....shorts, underwear, shirt, everything. Just brutally muggy....man I hate this.

Got some up potting done in prep for the next round of girls to be flipped. I dropped the Green Crack girl into a 7 gallon pot where she will chill for about 3 weeks. I also dropped a MOAB (Mother of All Berries) into a 5 gallon as well as an 8-Ball Kush into a 5 gallon. Those two will probably get 2 weeks before flipping....but might make it 3 weeks.

Took a couple pics yesterday as I was doing my routine.....I know I keep saying this but wow, the power of the sun is just amazing. Here is the Super Silver Haze just going crazy....every day it another 1-2 inches of new growth. Got her staked up to a 6' bamboo stake and she's above it now.

Hanging right on her heels are the Stank Genetics stuff that we let go naturally. Got them staked up as well.....and you see they only have a few more inches and they will be at the top of the 6' bamboo poles

Then we have Flower tent #2 doing its thing. They were very happy after the Sulfur burn done the night before. Tall girls in the back are getting closer and closer to the light.....gonna have to get off my ass and super crop them soon.

And then we have the outdoor veggie garden doing its thing. We have a few things really coming on strong now.....
Zucchini

Winter Squash

Walla Walla Onions....getting ready to start ringing them

Peppers....looks like we will finally get some peppers this year.

Some of our tomatoes....we are running about 35 plants from about 20 different varieties

And lastly our high bush blueberry is getting ready.....been picking off it each day when I get hungry. Gotta love fresh blueberries!!

Yo Ho Ho......its a farmer's life for me!!!!

Man its warm out there today!!!! Was doing some mild work outside with the girls and I was literally soaked to the bone in about an hour.....shorts, underwear, shirt, everything. Just brutally muggy....man I hate this.

Got some up potting done in prep for the next round of girls to be flipped. I dropped the Green Crack girl into a 7 gallon pot where she will chill for about 3 weeks. I also dropped a MOAB (Mother of All Berries) into a 5 gallon as well as an 8-Ball Kush into a 5 gallon. Those two will probably get 2 weeks before flipping....but might make it 3 weeks.

Took a couple pics yesterday as I was doing my routine.....I know I keep saying this but wow, the power of the sun is just amazing. Here is the Super Silver Haze just going crazy....every day it another 1-2 inches of new growth. Got her staked up to a 6' bamboo stake and she's above it now.

Hanging right on her heels are the Stank Genetics stuff that we let go naturally. Got them staked up as well.....and you see they only have a few more inches and they will be at the top of the 6' bamboo poles

Then we have Flower tent #2 doing its thing. They were very happy after the Sulfur burn done the night before. Tall girls in the back are getting closer and closer to the light.....gonna have to get off my ass and super crop them soon.

And then we have the outdoor veggie garden doing its thing. We have a few things really coming on strong now.....
Zucchini

Winter Squash

Walla Walla Onions....getting ready to start ringing them

Peppers....looks like we will finally get some peppers this year.

Some of our tomatoes....we are running about 35 plants from about 20 different varieties

And lastly our high bush blueberry is getting ready.....been picking off it each day when I get hungry. Gotta love fresh blueberries!!

Yo Ho Ho......its a farmer's life for me!!!!
Looks great! Did you plant the blueberries? If so how long did it take to get fruit?

Looks great! Did you plant the blueberries? If so how long did it take to get fruit?
No, the blueberry bush was planted at the house when we moved in. We have planted one more from a friend of ours and we are looking at starting more, either through cuttings or seeds (we were literally talking about this earlier this afternoon). The one bush will produce a lot of berries, but it takes a lot of berries to make blueberry pies so I need more bushes!

No, the blueberry bush was planted at the house when we moved in. We have planted one more from a friend of ours and we are looking at starting more, either through cuttings or seeds (we were literally talking about this earlier this afternoon). The one bush will produce a lot of berries, but it takes a lot of berries to make blueberry pies so I need more bushes!
In-laws are always blueberry picking with the kids. Wild ones are way better than store bought so I thought I might tag along and get a transplant or something. Would go good next to the black raspberry bushes in the yard. If you think about it, let me know how the cutting goes if you go that route, I’d like to try that.

You should start them from cuttings. I don't believe the seeds are true to type, but that may not be the case for wild blueberries. Either way, they root easily from cuttings right into perlite or a perlite/peat mix. They want very acidic soil.

In-laws are always blueberry picking with the kids. Wild ones are way better than store bought so I thought I might tag along and get a transplant or something. Would go good next to the black raspberry bushes in the yard. If you think about it, let me know how the cutting goes if you go that route, I’d like to try that.
The cuttings need to be done at specific times.....either fall for woody type cuttings or spring for the green fresh growth if I am not mistaken. I will need to read up on it again before I start but I will definitely post back on my luck with it.

Most of my blueberries are very old, they were old when I got them. They were free to dig up when development overtook the tideflats area years ago (30+). I have gotten a few new bushes just to have different strains that ripen at different times. I'm trying for a variety of blueberries so harvest can be stretched over a longer amount of time.

View media item 1582319
View media item 1566972
View media item 1566971

Sorry, forgot to mention when i started SC/bending my MxP she so big it caused my RH to spike in that little tent of mine so i have the fans running 24/7 now and it brought back down to 50..
I have no idea what you just said, except that it had something to do with humidity. :laughtwo:

I have no idea what you just said, except that it had something to do with humidity. :laughtwo:
:laugh: Yeah, could have explained that better. Lol..Just lack of air flow due to how big my plants are in my little tent in flower.
All my fans were just running when the lights were on , now theyre running 24/7 causing the RH to go down.

Great input on the Blueberries!! We started picking some this afternoon and we got about 5 minutes into it and the skies opened up ended that adventure. Hopefully we will get enough for a pie tomorrow!!

Spent the morning working on a few of the big outdoor girls. Got the big Afghani and the big Sour Cherries cleaned up quite a bit and looking very nice. Meant to get some pics of them but then it rained and they looked like wet dogs so I decided to wait. The rain water will make them nice and happy for you guys anyways....so win win....no watering needed for a day or two.

Also had to water the girls in Flower Tent #1 today. I did take a few pics of the buds while I was down there....things are getting a bit on the sticky side to say the least! :Rasta: Lets take a peek shall we??

Labyrinth (Clone) - Exotic Genetics - Flower Day 40

Durban (Reg) - Sensi Seeds - Flower Day 40

Alien OG (Clone) - Cali Connection - Flower Day 40

Sour Cherries (Clone) - Crockett Family Farms - Flower Day 40

I also grabbed a few shots of the girls in the Veg tent. They are all looking really happy and the next two to flower out will are just about ready to flip.....the Super Lemon Haze and the Golden Tiger. We have a plant that's due to be harvested in 10+ days, but that isn't going to free up enough room for the two of them so I gotta figure out what I'm going to do. :hmmmm:

I will likely flip the Super Lemon Haze first as its the biggest....and the Golden Tiger is still on the small side ( trying to deal with famous thai stretch....I didn't do that so well with the Panama Haze last time. The SLH is in a 7 gallon pot, while the GT is in a 5 gallon.

Super Lemon Haze (Fem) - Greenhouse Seeds

Golden Tiger (Reg) - ACE Seeds

KBTF (Reg) - Stank Genetics

MOAB (Mother Of All Berries) (Fem) - TH Seeds

Green Crack (Fem) - Humboldt Seed Organization

And I had to share this last pic.....I snapped it as we went to bed last night. Cooper sometimes gets into the cutest positions when he sleeps and this was one of them LOL. Gotta love our kids!!

Back
Top Bottom