Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Highya VS,

Wow! Look at the trichomes! They look gorgeous! I've heard of the MOB strain, but haven't seen or heard of anyone growing it until now. I'd like to know she comes out.
I had 6 ladies in the ground and stake them from 3 different stakes tied with rope. I don't have to stake until midSeptember. Sometimes I can get away with one level of ties per plant, but sometimes two levels is necessary. My neighbor lady has a 6' chail link fence around her garden and has tarps tied along the top bar and lets them down when strong winds are indicated. Works for her.
I grew the ATF ladies this year. They smoke so nice! Looking like a blissful winter!! Thanks for the beans. Next year I'll grow the DTF's. I gotta know what thay're all about. Happy Smokin'

Hey Van,
Blackcherry looks amazing btw.

Got these two OG#18 freebies from a reputable seed bank. But it looks like two different phenos imo. Anyways, they were pollinated ( couple of branches each) of my best Male Purpledream from GDP.
With this being my first time breeding, is there anything i can do from this point on? Im just growing as usual lol
Hope all is well buddy.
20201019_185055.jpg
20201019_184934.jpg

Hey stank

Drive by sorry for my absence .. kinda took a break bit back around. Hope you doing okay bud.

Good to see Your journal still going bud .

GG4 looking tasty Van

Thanks brother....she certainly takes good photos! She does pretty well when set on fire too!

Highya VS,

Wow! Look at the trichomes! They look gorgeous! I've heard of the MOB strain, but haven't seen or heard of anyone growing it until now. I'd like to know she comes out.
I had 6 ladies in the ground and stake them from 3 different stakes tied with rope. I don't have to stake until midSeptember. Sometimes I can get away with one level of ties per plant, but sometimes two levels is necessary. My neighbor lady has a 6' chail link fence around her garden and has tarps tied along the top bar and lets them down when strong winds are indicated. Works for her.
I grew the ATF ladies this year. They smoke so nice! Looking like a blissful winter!! Thanks for the beans. Next year I'll grow the DTF's. I gotta know what thay're all about. Happy Smokin'

The MOB is an old school strain.....this cuts supposed to a legit cut of the Maine cut. I have one that just went into flower last week. That one's in a 5 gallon pot. I recently harvested a MOAB from TH Seeds that is supposed to originate from the original MOB, but while its good smoke it just doesn't smack me in the face with berry.

ATFs a great strain, one of the more underrated in my opinion. I'm actually out of my ATF smoke right now, but luckily the DTF is as good for pain in the daytime. I think I actually prefer the DTF to the ATF. I'm looking forward to smoking the one I chopped today....its different from all the other DTFs I've grown. If you like the ATF, you will love the DTF!

What a year you Stanks have had! This season was the best in a while I think. You grew your asses off! NICE! Pretty soon you can even relax for a bit! :yahoo:

Hey Otter, good to see ya brother! Yes this was a very good grow season for the Stanks. Jars are full (can't find anymore) and there is plenty to last the winter, and then some! It'll be a bit before there is any relaxing in Stankville. Still lots of trimming to do! Then its on the splitting firewood and the fall cleanup. It keeps me moving and the lbs dropping off.

That BCP isn't looking too shabby either!

Thanks Shed, that strain (both cuts) are two of my favorite to grow. Easily the best smelling strain I grow and one of the frostiest. I smoked some tonight....almost time to hit it again!

Hey Van,
Blackcherry looks amazing btw.

Got these two OG#18 freebies from a reputable seed bank. But it looks like two different phenos imo. Anyways, they were pollinated ( couple of branches each) of my best Male Purpledream from GDP.
With this being my first time breeding, is there anything i can do from this point on? Im just growing as usual lol
Hope all is well buddy.
20201019_185055.jpg
20201019_184934.jpg

Hey Sparkey, great looking colas there! I have almost popped that strain (OG #18) a couple times. I've held off for whatever reason. I've almost emptied my GDP jars and will likely be popping a few of those this fall. I smoked some of it last night as a matter of fact. I've been looking for a good GDP male to do some crosses with....just haven't found one that showed me what I wanted.

Hey stank

Drive by sorry for my absence .. kinda took a break bit back around. Hope you doing okay bud.

Good to see Your journal still going bud .
Joe, great to see ya brother! Thanks for swinging by. All good here man, just winding down from a very productive outdoor grow season. Chopped 2.5 plants today, maybe 2.3 but still have a bunch left on the big DTF growing in the ground to harvest. Hopefully I will get that down tomorrow. Now all I have left is Blue Dream and a Kushberry Thunderfuck left going outdoors. The Blue Dream needs a couple more weeks but I am not sure its going to get it. I guess we'll see lol.

Hows things in your neck of the woods? Family doing good I hope.

Spent the afternoon taking down a few more of the girls we had left outdoors. I had a very small BCP that took about 15 minutes and then I dropped the Super Lemon Haze. I'm surprised that one made it to the finish line. I put her in the shed when we were having the Mini-split system installed back in August and I forgot she I put her in there and she sat for about a week in the dark. When I found her, I threw her back outside and she was NOT a happy camper. Thought for sure she was going to putter out but she surprised me. The yield won't be big but it'll be a few ounces (3-5 is my guess).

After the SLH, I started in on the DTF. Found a good bit of bud rot on the lower stuff that was brushing the ground. No weight on what I cut off....but I am guessing a good ounce or two so far.

I did take a few pics of some of the buds as I harvested them. Again, this plant has produced the biggest buds I have seen in person. They are MASSIVE and incredibly frosty. These are just a few of the branches I trimmed, and they all look like this.

This DTF smells different than all the other ones I have grown. I am getting a sweet smell from her with slight hints of Anise coming through on the end. They are feint, but they are hiding in the background. I didn't get any Anise from the Durban mom, but I know it is fairly common for the strain. I really wish I would have kept a cut of this one.....but I didn't take one off her.

Seems when we don’t take cuttings it ends up some of the best weed we ever smoked.
I had three of them going and only wanted to keep one cut.....I just didn't see this plant ending up the way it did. I gotta get back out there and finish chopping her down. We have the solar company coming Thursday and I need to have all this done before they get here lol. No rest for the weary.

Delicious looking buds!! I'm sure you and yours will have a nice winter! Still have a few chores before the freeze. Happy Smokin'

Morning y'all! Kicking off another day in trim jail today. Today's missions, should I choose to accept, is to massacre the Super Silver Haze. You guys remember that big bitch right?

Well, this is what I am up against today.

I'm guessing in the 20 zip range. Probably won't get it completely done today, but I'm gonna put a charge into it!! I will be smoking lots of her in her honor!! Cheers folks!!

Morning y'all! Kicking off another day in trim jail today. Today's missions, should I choose to accept, is to massacre the Super Silver Haze. You guys remember that big bitch right?

Well, this is what I am up against today.

I'm guessing in the 20 zip range. Probably won't get it completely done today, but I'm gonna put a charge into it!! I will be smoking lots of her in her honor!! Cheers folks!!
Holy shit geezer Damn that is a big ol plant right thar. wow and wow again Van. Great job. Will send a cake with a file inside , hopefully cut your way out of a long sentence.lol

Back
Top Bottom