Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Morning folks,

Getting down to crunch time in flower tent 1. Spent yesterday watering and plucking fan leaves off the girls closest to harvest. I did remember to take a few pics while I was doing it....right at light out. Its looking like we will have three plants to harvest this week and three to harvest next week. The early harvests will be the Gelato, the Gorilla Glue, and the MOB. That will leave us the Super Lemon Haze, Garlic Sherbert, and Triple OG to chop next.

Garlic Sherbert (Clone) - In-House Genetics - Flip Day 55

She's starting to darken up more than when I ran her over the summer. Cooler temps definitely bringing out the darker colors. I have been plucking 10-20 fan leaves off her every time I take her out of the tent....opening her up for better penetration. I figure she will go about 65 days if I had to guess....so I am thinking her chop day will be sometime next weekend (in the 65-67 day range)

Triple OG (Reg) - Exotic Genetics - Flip Day 55

This lady continues to chug along with no issues. She was a little fluffy on the buds early on and I was worried they wouldn't dense up sufficiently but it doesn't seem that to be a worry now. Its definitely densed up quite a bit over the last 2 weeks and continues to get more stinky :ganjamon: . This is my first time growing this strain so based off what the breeder says, she is a 9 week strain. I find I generally like to let my strains, especially indica dominant strains, go a week or two longer than the breeders listed time. Having said that, I am guessing I will be looking to chop her in the 65-70 day range.

Super Lemon Haze (Clone) - Greenhouse Seeds - Flip Day 55

Here is our little girl of the group. She's in a 3 gallon pot and continues to frost up really nicely. She is listed as a 10 week strain so she will likely be the last girl of the group to be chopped. She is definitely putting off a nice strong lemon scent.....which I guess is something people say to look for. For whatever reason, they say its harder to find the lemon leaning pheno in their recent seed batches so I am happy to be getting a strong lemon from her. I have another cut of her that is in a 5 gallon pot that is getting ready to get flipped.

Gelato (Fem) - Black Skull Seeds - Flip Day 55

Last girl for today's update. She continues to pack on girth on her already enormous buds. I have been watching them very closely for signs of bud rot, but I haven't seen any. She is listed as a 8-9 week flowering strain which puts her at the 56-63 day range. I don't seen this girl going much longer than I have let her go. I am thinking I may chop her tomorrow or Friday, which would be 57 or 58 days. If the top 4 colas weren't so THICK and dense, I would try to get her to 63 days but I don't think the risk is worth it.

The phone ran out of space in the gallery at this point so I will go down there today and grab pics of the remaining two plants in the flower tent....Gorilla Glue #4 and MOB. Those two are also very close to harvest. MOB will chopped Friday (Day 58), and Gorilla Glue will be chopped Sunday (Day 60).

Highya VS,

Gorgeous update.They all look so frosty and potent! Many fine buds cause visions of smoking a blunt while fondling and smelling the harvest! Happy Smokin'

Interesting that the black leaves on both the Garlic Sherbert and the Gelato are the ones that get direct light, and the green ones are the ones in the shade.

I see trim jail in your future!

Yeah I found that pretty interesting too!! And you are not wrong....trim jail is definitely in the very near future!
Bunches of wonderful plants and pics!

Nice grow, @Van Stank. :adore:
Hey GDB! Thank you brother! I appreciate the visit and the kind words!
Beautiful plants, so much frost
Thanks bud! Great to see ya Ozark!
Highya VS,

Gorgeous update.They all look so frosty and potent! Many fine buds cause visions of smoking a blunt while fondling and smelling the harvest! Happy Smokin'
Great to see ya Bode....hope all is well in your neck of the world.

We are knee deep in harvests right now. Took down the Gelato yesterday. She was a smaller harvest for a 5 gallon pot, I am guessing somewhere around 3 zips total, but the main colas were massive. I didn't do any training on this one preferring to let it go more naturally to see how she grows. The smells are amazing coming off her and she is sticky as all hell. :ganjamon: Here are a few shots at harvest time! Cheers!

MOB (Electric Stoner Cut) comes down here now! Gorilla Glue comes down tomorrow and then we get a couple days break before harvesting the remaining three in the tent. See you guys in a few hours!

the Gelato
Awesome looking flowers van! :drool:
Interesting that the black leaves on both the Garlic Sherbert and the Gelato are the ones that get direct light, and the green ones are the ones in the shade.

Yeah I found that pretty interesting too!!
It’s totally a thing it seems. Exactly the same phenomena happened on my sour bubba that went really black at the end, any leaf or part of leaf that in the shade was still green

Frosty AF for a change. Congrats on the chop as well as the GJOTM nomination Van! :welldone:
Thanks bud! Err....what?

:reading420magazine:Hmmm.....seems that you are correct sir, so thank you! And thank you to whoever nominated it. :thanks: And thank you for the heads up! Been stuck in trim jail so I'll be sure to swing over.
gorgeous stuff Van, beautiful :Namaste:

Thank you Dynamo! I swear it is a double edge sword with winter time growing in the basement. The temps drops and the scenery gets better but the yields go DOWN!
Awesome looking flowers van! :drool:

It’s totally a thing it seems. Exactly the same phenomena happened on my sour bubba that went really black at the end, any leaf or part of leaf that in the shade was still green
Interesting....I wonder if its somehow tied to the cooler temps. I don't get it during the warmer season. Thanks for sharing!!

Highya VS,

I grew a couple Carnival ladies a couple years ago. They had a lot of purpling near harvest time. I get some color in October, before harvest in other strains as well. Yes, it's a thing. Happy Smokin'

Harvest Update

Yesterday we took down the big MOB we had going. She ended up going 58 days from flip. I snapped a few pics of her after the initial trim (Large and medium fan leaves removed). They aren't the best quality as the lighting in the living room is horrible. This cut of MOB smells amazing, almost like a creamy blueberry with mild fuel undertones. She doesn't dense up as much as I would like (Yields would go way up if it did), and she is definitely one of the leafiest plants I have ever grown.....but man is that smoke nice. More than worth the extra work. :ganjamon:

Later in the night, I had to go down and water the flower tent 1 girls. I took the Nikon down there since my phones were dead and I grabbed a couple shots of one of the Jelly Wifi girls and the BCP in that tent.

Jelly Wifi - Flip Day 45

BCP- Flip Day 45

Lovely looking colas and plants Van! Super Lemon Haze from GHS was recently strongly recommended to me I wonder how you'll find it and in comparison with the other strains you're growing which all look and sound spectacular. :yummy:

Harvest Update

Yesterday we took down the big MOB we had going. She ended up going 58 days from flip. I snapped a few pics of her after the initial trim (Large and medium fan leaves removed). They aren't the best quality as the lighting in the living room is horrible. This cut of MOB smells amazing, almost like a creamy blueberry with mild fuel undertones. She doesn't dense up as much as I would like (Yields would go way up if it did), and she is definitely one of the leafiest plants I have ever grown.....but man is that smoke nice. More than worth the extra work. :ganjamon:

Later in the night, I had to go down and water the flower tent 1 girls. I took the Nikon down there since my phones were dead and I grabbed a couple shots of one of the Jelly Wifi girls and the BCP in that tent.

Jelly Wifi - Flip Day 45

BCP- Flip Day 45

Harvest Update

Jelly Wifi - Flip Day 45

BCP- Flip Day 45

Absolutely amazing

Lovely looking colas and plants Van! Super Lemon Haze from GHS was recently strongly recommended to me I wonder how you'll find it and in comparison with the other strains you're growing which all look and sound spectacular. :yummy:
I ruined the grow on the mom. We were having solar installed and I had to hide her in the shed while the install team was here working. I totally forgot about her in the dark for a week (this was in flower) and she didn't find it at all amusing!

Luckily I took a couple cuts off her before she was ruined and I have a chance to do her right. I am pretty excited to give her a whirl. I figure she has about 10 days left before I will chop her.....so we have a little while before I can give an impression. She smelled more lemony about a week ago.....I think she is doing her final terp shift right now....hope I don't lose all the lemon! Cheers bud!

Absolutely amazing
Thank you sir, and hope you are having a great weekend. Sitting here watching Buffalo put it on Baltimore......about to smoke a bowl of MOB:lot-o-toke: and find the snacks! Time to feed the Stankmonster!:snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom