420 Magazine Background

Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Ozarkian

Not at the amount that I amend with. This stuff will be broken down relatively quickly. Its going to get 2 weeks before I use any of it anyways so it will be ready or still working on breaking down the previous plants roots.

I ran experiments this summer with the outdoor grows....where I ran unamended (Jack Herer), amended and up potted immediately (Sour Cherries), amended and sit for 1 week (Afghani), amended and sit for 2 weeks + (rest of the outdoor crops).

The only thing I really noticed out of the experiment was that the Jack Herer ran out of steam in late July and I needed to start top dressing and that the Sour Cherries was not happy for the first week or two in the immediately amended soil. She had some burnt leaves a couple days after up pot, but after a bit she really took off. The reamendment ratio was much higher than what I am using on the indoor plants, probably a good double if not triple what I did here. I think two weeks on a soil reamend and cook is sufficient at warmer temps.

I also want to reiterate that the amount of water that you use in the cook plays a big part. DON'T WATERLOG YOUR SOIL. I only use 5 gallons per batch of soil when I am mixing it up. If you overwater it, the herd doesn't get going and the soil doesn't break down and can become toxic. Cold temps and overwater, worst possible combo for making good soil.
So I do have a question, after amending the soil, and letting it cook for approximately 2 weeks, you plant directly into the amended soil? Or do you use it like your supersoil and only use the amended soil in the bottom third of container?

Van Stank

Plant of the Year: 2018, 2019, 2020 - Member of the Month: Nov 2017 - Plant of the Month: June 2018, Nov 2018, Sept 2019, Nov 2020 - Grow Journal of the Month: Jan 2021
Great amending/reclaiming post Van. Wearing that GJOTM badge with pride! :high-five:

Nice variety pack for the upcoming grow... :nomo:
Thanks Shed! We had a couple mishaps and one no show out of that drop.

The G-13 Haze is up and going, as is the Black Domina. The mishaps came on the Kali China and the Jack Mist Tree. The Jack Mist Tree had an issue with the tap root getting caught up in the shell and not being able to break out on its own. I damaged it trying to break it out of the shell and it won't make it. That was a one shot bean as it was a freebie. The Kali China was doing great but I guess it struggled to break through the soil with the shell stuck and it bruised/damaged its neck and didn't make it. I do have another one of those beans that I will try.

The Slurricane looks to be a dude. She sank, but wouldn't crack. I applied a little bit of pressure and got it to crack and after 2 days it stuck its little tongue out at me and didn't do anything else. I'll throw it in soil but I don't expect it to do anything at this point. I don't have any more Slurricane beans so I'll be selecting something else for the Slurricane and Jack Mist Tree. I'll pick another Sativa for the Jack Mist Tree and another fairly even hybrid for the Slurricane. Within these two selections....I'll try to mix something old school and one of the newer strains. I'm leaning towards something landrace like or old school for the sativa and something new for the hybrid but like always, I change my mind.....A LOT lol.

Van Stank

Plant of the Year: 2018, 2019, 2020 - Member of the Month: Nov 2017 - Plant of the Month: June 2018, Nov 2018, Sept 2019, Nov 2020 - Grow Journal of the Month: Jan 2021
So I do have a question, after amending the soil, and letting it cook for approximately 2 weeks, you plant directly into the amended soil? Or do you use it like your supersoil and only use the amended soil in the bottom third of container?

I plant directly in the amended soil. I have gone away from only using the bottom third and use the whole pot with my soil.
Another question, lol, where can I purchase the new ace c5 x kali china seeds from?
I'd look at ACE's site for that one....but not sure if they are doing business in the USA bud.

Top Bottom