Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Morning bud, hope all is great

So when you pollinated that plants pre-flowers.

That was how long before you flipped it to 12/12???

Thinking I may try a bit on the African girl

Thoughts??

Morning bud, hope all is great

So when you pollinated that plants pre-flowers.

That was how long before you flipped it to 12/12???

Thinking I may try a bit on the African girl

Thoughts??
I was actually harvesting seeds as she began to flower. Its a fantastic way to do a controlled cross. Might have to hit the preflowers a couple times (depending on your pollen) but aside from that, if you just want a couple hand fulls of seeds, you can't beat the method.

Where's that big beauty you were vegging???

She still hangin??
Yes sir....will be doing a watering on her tomorrow and selective fan removal and an attempted picture shoot for her. She's a bit over half way through flower. I am chopping her little sister tomorrow.

I was actually harvesting seeds as she began to flower. Its a fantastic way to do a controlled cross. Might have to hit the preflowers a couple times (depending on your pollen) but aside from that, if you just want a couple hand fulls of seeds, you can't beat the method.
I'm gunna try it

Sounds like fun

How many seeds at each pre-flower site did ya get????

Thats the great thing with that technique...You can hit any mature vegging girl and get a cross without worrying about jacking up the buds when you are ready to flower it out. So seeds and buds, with no mixing....win win!!

Thats the great thing with that technique...You can hit any mature vegging girl and get a cross without worrying about jacking up the buds when you are ready to flower it out. So seeds and buds, with no mixing....win win!!

So you pollinate the pre-flowers while they are still in VEG? You get seeds?

Yes, I pollinated the pre-flowers on an It's It Punch plant with pollen from my Chemdawg. I just touched it on a dozen pre-flower pistils. I got 10 seeds. Tickled to death with that result. Van Stank shared that technique with me. Not sure if he's the originator or not but deserves props from me.

Y so shy with the pics?? It's gotta be epic.
It ain't about being shy with pics.....its about being dead ass tired from working outdoors in the garden or on the outdoor projects and then being filthy and not going into the garden without showering and changing and usually lights are off by then. I am going to try and get some pics of her today. We started the chop on her little sister last night which will be finished today.

The big girl is starting to have some floppage on a few of her bigger colas so I might need to get in there and do some steaks to start helping with the support.

So you pollinate the pre-flowers while they are still in VEG? You get seeds?
Yes sir.....eliminates jacking up a whole plant or bud if you are just looking to try a few seeds of a cross. I kind of discovered it by accident. I was pollinating a plant in the breeding tent which is close to the veg tent. Well as I was watering and trimming a veg girl, I noticed that the pre flower site was knocked up. So that got me thinking.....the pistil is there....the plant is sexually mature, lets try it as a controlled cross pollination technique and low and behold it works perfectly. On one big veg girl, I got about 40 seeds off. But takes a bit more work to hit all of them....unless you keep the male in the veg tent with them after he starts popping sacks. If you do that...just raise the boy over the tops of all your veg plants and give it a little tapperooo. That will generally find most of the preflowers.

Back
Top Bottom