Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

aye it ads to the amazement when ye do all of this with just organic soil and some rainwater and some ACT from time to time ... makes you wonder why we are meddling with daily feeds and ph adjustments heh
:hmmmm:

I have wondered that many times when I see struggles that some go through. But I also realize that not everyone has the room or desire to play in dirt. Honestly man, I just love and appreciate the way mother nature works. The power of microbes and worms, amazing really. Think about it....things we rarely ever see....but if they didn't exist, neither would we.

But I am a bid advocate of people experimenting with different growing styles and mediums and find what works best for you, be it coco, soil, Docs kit, or DWC. If it gets you what you need, and it works in your situation then its a win! There is no right or wrong....just right or wrong for each person's situation. That being said.....it really doesn't get any easier than soil and rain water (not counting mixing up the soil...cause that shits a pain in the ass brother). Cheers and thanks for swinging by PT....good to see ya brother. Oh and don't forget....a lot of my success goes to my Fluence Spydrx Plus. Its a fantastic light!

It never rains but it pours in this thread! Good looking plants Van. Nice to see you finally getting a handle on this growing thing.
Hey Shed, good to see ya brother. Thanks! I been trying brother!!

I figure a few more years and I might finally have a grasp on it!!

Looking good bud!

Hey Neiko, thanks brother. They are on auto pilot right now.....all the effort is on the outdoor garden right now. Got broccoli and onions planted today. :passitleft:
Monsters everywhere in this thread! :thumb:

Hey Yeti....good to see ya man! Thanks.....lots of soil means lots of roots, lots of roots....lots of shoots! Hope your garden is thriving brother.

Hey Neiko, thanks brother. They are on auto pilot right now.....all the effort is on the outdoor garden right now. Got broccoli and onions planted today. :passitleft:

Hey Yeti....good to see ya man! Thanks.....lots of soil means lots of roots, lots of roots....lots of shoots! Hope your garden is thriving brother.
Thanks bud. Not really thriving at the moment but it is what it is! I have been debating on starting to run 15s again. I did at one point but went back to 7s to get more variety. I think when I figure out where I want to be I may end up with less variety and will be able to run bigger pots. I would really like to break a pound with one plant. The best I have done is a little over 9 zips. I think with the right genetics I will be able to blow that out of the water!

Afghani #1 (Sensi Seeds) Flip Day 26

Hey everyone. Had a bit of a weather front roll through last night and today so I can't get to work outdoors quiet yet so figured I would run a couple updates from pics I took back on June 7th that I forgot to post updates for.

The Afghani girl has been a breeze to grow so far. She's not a heavy drinker and doesn't seem to have any issues in the soil with the exception that during all the outdoor work, I let the fungus gnats get a little foothold into her (no fan blowing over her directly). I will be giving it another drink of rain water with H2O2 at a 4 to 1 ratio to knock them down a bit. Also grabbed some Safer Garden Dust to give a shot at them.

Haven't really done any sniffing on her yet (shes kind of hard to get to without moving everything) but the next watering will include some sniffing!

She's a queen man.

DTF # 1 Flip Day 39

Next up is the big DTF girl. She is rolling along doesn't take much attention. She is overdue for a hair cut and needs to have a lot of her fan leaves removed to open up some of the middle a little better. Still getting watered about once a week with 4 gallons of rain water.

She seems to be frosting up nicely and hasn't had any issues supporting herself. I continue to rotate her counter-clockwise every day or two to keep her growing consistently. She will also get another drink of ACT tomorrow. I love seeing what that increased microbe activity does in flower.

Smells are mostly fuel at this point....which seems to be case with all the DTF plants I have grown. I apologize about the pictures. I can't get any good shots with the lights on and the pictures aren't much better at lights out. Hopefully we will be able to add a photograph area in the basement where I can set up the girls and take some actual nice pics.

Frosty goodness.

Thanks bud. Not really thriving at the moment but it is what it is! I have been debating on starting to run 15s again. I did at one point but went back to 7s to get more variety. I think when I figure out where I want to be I may end up with less variety and will be able to run bigger pots. I would really like to break a pound with one plant. The best I have done is a little over 9 zips. I think with the right genetics I will be able to blow that out of the water!

Yeah a pound is tough to hit brother. I am hoping to god I hit it with the DTF #1 in that big 25 gallon pot. Looks like I have a good shot at it based on how dense the strain generally gets.

I dropped down to smaller pots as well, for increased variety. Not to mention, trimming big girls is a commitment for sure!

Yeah a pound is tough to hit brother. I am hoping to god I hit it with the DTF #1 in that big 25 gallon pot. Looks like I have a good shot at it based on how dense the strain generally gets.

I dropped down to smaller pots as well, for increased variety. Not to mention, trimming big girls is a commitment for sure!
I do not doubt it man! I had an Orangeade that pulled good numbers out of my 7s. I was hitting right around 7 zips a plant with it. I think if I ran it in a 15 and did some training other than the almost none I typically do, that a pound would have been achievable with her. If she was better smoke I would have kept her just for the yields basically.

Try adding something visual as well such as ribbon...deer need to see it and feel it :)

I run white electric wire specifically for deer around our orchard (@7').

Shit - my new home front field there are 11 apple trees.

How close to neighbors is too close to shoot a deer? There's prolly a law but what about being a friendly neighbor. Wait till he shoots the biggest buck then take a few smaller ones? I good.

We were looking at homes out in the country and 1 neighbor was shooting off an AK on auto when we pulled up to look at the home. Wasn't #1 on our list for some reason.
:passitleft:

Lol.....yeah right...no rocks in maine

Hardly any at all. It's true.

I've seen more lobsta than rock lobsta and saw the Greatful Dead. That was rockin.

It really is a killer strain. I have been meaning to stop over and ask @Asesino85 his thoughts on it, but I haven't made it over to his auto journal yet.
You haven't missed much! I am barely keeping that journal alive.. lol. Just been really busy with life.

Thoughts on the strain were almost identical to what you were saying earlier. Helps with pain and gives a good daytime energy. It doesn't derp you out so you still are pretty clear headed and your body just feels light. It's a little less sativa feeling than the ATF was which I like too. Kinda of gives you a 80% sativa feel with a 20% Indica relaxation. I basically switch off between that and my Tangerine Dream right now for most of the daytime smoking and then I'll throw a Double Berry or Aurora Indica bowl in the bong before going to bed.

Thought I would share a picture of my Black Cherry Punch plant that is at flip + 35 days today. For those of you who have grown this before how long are you letting yours flower before harvesting them?

Back
Top Bottom