Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Sorry to hear about the gnats - I had no idea the larvae ate roots. That sucks.

I was reading somewhere that folks take the mosquito dunks and put them in a bucket of water and use that to water in to kill the larvae in the soil. Not sure if it works or not.

The vermi-compost we use when the bin is going there's a freaking swarm of those bastards this time of year every time we open the lid but I never get them the following year when I mix soil up. If we do very few.

Maybe going to take a little time for the critters and the prey to balance out. Once you get your gardens into full swing it will become a machine. Everything will take care of itself, cept for weeding but hey all part of the whole.

All your hard work will pay off. Keep up the good fight brother. Things change you can count on it.

Hey all.....back in town.

Had a nice get away for about 10 days. Got to head out and surprise my dad for his 80th birthday which also coincided with nice break for me with all the crap going on with the pests and losing plants. He had no clue we were coming. Had a great visit and got to spend some time out in Glacier National Park.

It was a bit nerve racking to leave the plants unattended and hooked up to an irrigation system that wasn't really checked for optimal results. For the most part....things worked out well. Most of the plants survived or recovered but we did lose 3 more. We officially lost the Killer A5 Haze, Pamelina, and another one. I am pretty bummed about those.

The good news is the BCP seems to have recovered and I will be taking cuts off her and putting her into fresh soil.

The Grampa Glue plant isn't real happy at this point. Probably looking like it won't recover either so very bummed about that one as well.

Now the outdoor veggie garden is out of control. I got the irrigation system on that finished a few hours before our flight out and I was worried that it wasn't going to work adequately because I had to switch things up and run it off fewer valves than I intended and that effected the flow rates. We must have gotten a lot of rain because HOLY SHIT I have a garden that is completely out of control. We have cucumbers and beans and peas and zucchini coming out our asses at this point.

The tomatoes are everywhere but none of them are remotely close to being ready to harvest unfortunately. I will try and get pictures at some point.

We also took some amazing pics of Glacier National Park. If you haven't been out there, you should really try and make it......its amazing.

Hey all.....back in town.

Had a nice get away for about 10 days. Got to head out and surprise my dad for his 80th birthday which also coincided with nice break for me with all the crap going on with the pests and losing plants. He had no clue we were coming. Had a great visit and got to spend some time out in Glacier National Park.

It was a bit nerve racking to leave the plants unattended and hooked up to an irrigation system that wasn't really checked for optimal results. For the most part....things worked out well. Most of the plants survived or recovered but we did lose 3 more. We officially lost the Killer A5 Haze, Pamelina, and another one. I am pretty bummed about those.

The good news is the BCP seems to have recovered and I will be taking cuts off her and putting her into fresh soil.

The Grampa Glue plant isn't real happy at this point. Probably looking like it won't recover either so very bummed about that one as well.

Now the outdoor veggie garden is out of control. I got the irrigation system on that finished a few hours before our flight out and I was worried that it wasn't going to work adequately because I had to switch things up and run it off fewer valves than I intended and that effected the flow rates. We must have gotten a lot of rain because HOLY SHIT I have a garden that is completely out of control. We have cucumbers and beans and peas and zucchini coming out our asses at this point.

The tomatoes are everywhere but none of them are remotely close to being ready to harvest unfortunately. I will try and get pictures at some point.

We also took some amazing pics of Glacier National Park. If you haven't been out there, you should really try and make it......its amazing.
Surprising the ol man is a real nice thing. He'll never forget that. I bet the garden's full! We did get tons of rain while you were out. Can't wait to see Glacier pics! Was there in the 70's and kind of mix it up in my mind with the Tetons and Banff from the same trip. Good to have you home you two. Edit; Hehe it was you with the Grampa Glue. Man I could better my memory.

Yeah I am very disappointed with the lack of recovery on the Grampa Glue plant but I am hoping that he will be generous enough to try sending me another cut.

Thought I had lost my Hindu cut.......but turns out that was the Pamelina plant (forgot that I moved the plants right we left). I am happy that the dead plant isn't the Hindu but I am really bummed that I have lost the Pamelina. I smoked some samples of it from the source and its a strain I was really looking forward to trying her. Stuff happens.....just roll with it....maybe if I am lucky I can trade for another cut of her!

Its about time to start some new strains.

We have been going through and trying to figure out what we want to grow. We need a CBD strain to replace the CBD Cream Cheese we were growing that died. And Ms Stank wants to grow a landrace Durban Poison from Cannabiogen. I want to pop another Hindu kush or two from Sensi Seeds just in case our Hindu doesn't recover. I also want to run a hybrid or two from ACE.....possibly the Snow Moon or Kali China or Oriental Express. Then after that I am looking at strain or two from Exotic Genetics as well as searching for another of the Blueberry Muffin pheno of the Stankberry.

Sounds like a pretty good line-up :)
It’s really cool that you picked up DP from Cannabiogen, it should be the real thing... Ace list has the OE, which I grew and still have pics of. Really old school high, but I always cut it with PCK hash and then it was powerful :smokin: I think KCH comes very recommended from the Brix Gang, also Ace keep laying this strain on a lot of nice hybrids, so that should be good stock. Real Seed Company added a lot of landrace Afghani and Hindu Kush hash strains, so if you don’t have anything better to add there I’d check them out, there might be some rare kush expressions :passitleft:

Welcome home - some things work out some things don't.

Gardening - still WAY better this year than last. When ever you feel down about your garden or plants, think about summer 2018.

Hit up Beez and ask him what he's up to.

Sorry to hear about the gnats - I had no idea the larvae ate roots. That sucks.

I was reading somewhere that folks take the mosquito dunks and put them in a bucket of water and use that to water in to kill the larvae in the soil. Not sure if it works or not.

The vermi-compost we use when the bin is going there's a freaking swarm of those bastards this time of year every time we open the lid but I never get them the following year when I mix soil up. If we do very few.

Maybe going to take a little time for the critters and the prey to balance out. Once you get your gardens into full swing it will become a machine. Everything will take care of itself, cept for weeding but hey all part of the whole.

All your hard work will pay off. Keep up the good fight brother. Things change you can count on it.
Thanks brother....lessons learned are the most valuable ones. They ain't fun and they generally hurt a bit....but they make you grow. Learned a lot of valuable lessons throughout this process.

little fookers!

I hate em.

Hey Van, hope all is well, I just got my new Spydr all hung up and ready to rock, plugged it in and I think it brighter than both my DE 1000w combined

Dude...you are going to freaking love that light! I will swing by your journal in a bit and catch up! Cheers brother.

Better than going in. :rofl: good to see ya and glad you only lost 3 plants over your vaca which sounds like it was awesome.

:passitleft:

Hey Ween....thanks man. Yeah I chopped one more down today. Saw some mites on it and it wasn't recovering well so it got axed. Making more room for new seeds right! Good to see ya brother!

Hey Stanks, been a minute so just thought I would swing through.. Everything is still looking pretty good though I am sad to see you lost a few.. Win some and lose some I guess.. Green days Stanks, and to all....

Hey MH! Good to see ya! Hope all is well in your world. Yeah you right about the win some lose some. Long as you keep trying and win more than you lose is all that matters! Cheers brother!

Welcome home - some things work out some things don't.

Gardening - still WAY better this year than last. When ever you feel down about your garden or plants, think about summer 2018.

Hit up Beez and ask him what he's up to.

We harvested 4 bags of cucumbers off a few plants. Gave most of them away to the neighbors cause we can't eat more than a couple a day. Beans and peas are insane as well. Harvested a ton of beans and haven't made a dent in what needs to be harvested. Neighbors should be happy. Tomatoes are completely out of control. Spent about an hour on them this afternoon and barely made a dent. Lots of pruning left to do. Need to string up some new shoots that went mad while we were away. Never seen as many tomatoes on at plant as we are seeing on some varieties.

I have a Sakura Cherry tomato variety that is throwing out 22+ cherry tomatoes per string. And one plant is loaded with like 7 strings. Definitely commercial potential if the flavor was right. The Brandywine and Cherokee Purples are so loaded that the stems are bending and snapping under the weight.

The negative was the weeds. Holy hell. You don't realize how out of control stuff can get til you leave for 10+ days. I have been desperately trying to clear some weeds and start gaining control back. But overall we are amazed by the incredible growth. The squash area of the garden is literally a jungle. Pics to come at some point tomorrow.

Hey Van, sorry about your recent losses, but I can help. I have every cut you lost. Sending you a message now.

Thanks brother! I appreciate that and the other members that have reached out to us. I can't express enough gratitude.

Good lookin out hawk. 420 fam!

Amen brother....AMEN! :passitleft:

I'm from the Brandywine Valley in south east PA - Those Brandywine tomatoes were all we ran for years. Beef Stakes another good one.

Cucumbers => root cellar till cooler weather and pickle?? My wife loves pickles. I kinda got used to them. lol
Need me some chickens. No stress! :passitleft:

Had 4 bags of cucs....

These are some of the Cherokee Purple

Brandywine

Zucchini

Still have a ton of cucs to harvest

Some taters

2 varieties of carrots with 4 varieties of peppers in the middle

Beets with peas in the middle and squash behind it

Beans on the outside....sugar Ann peas in the middle

Sakura cherry tomatoes

Cherry tomato isle

Corn with pole beans in the middle

General garden shot

Still have a lot of work to get it back in order and then I can continue working on the fencing.

Back
Top Bottom