Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Got some Seedsman freebies from a year ago that were waiting for someone to tell me to give them a go!

IMG_20191127_221918.jpg

I have grown their blueberry and was very impressed with it. You have a lot of the same freebies I have. Pop em if ya got em!

Happy Thanksgiving Van and Ms! And to the rest of the stateside folks who hang out here to get jealous of the amazing plants too :).

Thanks Shed, we appreciate it brother. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well. Hope you are enjoying your day!

My wife read that it was better to let a female puppy go through one heat before she gets spayed. Something about it lowering the chances of reproductive cancers later in life. What is the thinking behind waiting a year for males? And don't male dogs become less willful after neutering?

Cooper is one handsome pup!

It was Ms Stank and she can certainly clarify it if I am mistaken but it had something to do with growth hormones or testosterone for a healthier growth period. Sounds worth giving it a try.....plus no guy is ever eager to see another one go through something like this! :eek:

Here’s my line up from Connoisseur genetics
OJD sent them to me direct we traded I sent him a shit ton of candy and treats. I plan to pop the entire pack of SSSDH next year along with a 12 pack of blue gorilla I have from Maine’s honest herb. My goal is to cross the 2 in various ways with selected males and females from both to hopefully find something of a super blue dream?
73BFD209-D11C-4AA6-9D4B-C3F6AD23C07A.jpeg
4B221117-F9B3-4777-84B5-B686A16A7135.jpeg

I’ll be running 4 fems around Christmas
1)Orange and mango (silver Nevil cut reversed x Cali orange (16 yr old cut)

2)Australian dead head (mullumbimby madness x nevil haze)

3)Dog shit dead head haze ( dogshit haze x Casey Jones reverses)

4) NL5 haze Jones which I think is similar to KA5 just crossed to Casey Jones

Hell of an lineup from them. What is that ECSD Freak genetics?

Sounds like an interesting take on blue dream! Looking forward to seeing what you can do with it!

Happy Thanksgiving Van Stank! Hoping to see some sweet kitchen crafts around here today, knock it out the park :)

Nothing major here culinary wise. We are kind of laying low for the most part today. We did grill ribeyes and scallops. Turkey will be made tomorrow or Saturday. Happy Thanksgiving right back at ya brother!

:thumb:Happy Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for your great thread. :Namaste:

Happy Thanksgiving brother....appreciate the kind words. Hope you had a stellar day yourself

Happy Thanksgiving Stanks. Hope you have a great day with family & friends.

Hey Derby, Happy Thanksgiving brother! Was an interesting day for sure....more to follow....

oh i didnt realise ye had a sensiseeds skunk.... they are like the skunkmasters ... you gonna enjoy the #1 its a classic

btw they all look killer healthy ... but then again it is you so what else did i expect hehe

Hey PT! Yeah I am hoping for a good Skunk but not getting any skunk..more fruity than skunky. Everything I have grown from Sensi has been great....hope the smoke of this continues that trend!

I knew going into the day, that today wasn't going to be a traditional turkey day for us.....though honestly we are rarely traditional in most people's eyes.

The plan was to get out and get some work done, cleaning up the outdoor garden area, finish harvesting the carrots, beets, and potatoes, and get to turning the compost......all while keeping an eye on Cooper.

Well Ms Stank got off to a great start on the harvesting so I took down the wire fence from the garden (doing modification before next year) and rolled it up and got it stashed. Decide to start really getting to work on the compost pile and give it broken apart, turned, and watered adequately.

That was going as well as a task like that can be going when Murphy backhanded me. I went to drive the pitchfork into the compost pile and grab a big pile. The forks hit something and I felt and heard the pop from my rib area. Almost immediately I felt the searing pain. Took me a couple minutes to get my breath back and slowly hobble by Ms Stank and mumbly "I'm done"

I am pretty sure I tore or strained the intercoastal on the right side of the ribs. Definitely changed the outlook on the day.

I struggled with any deep breathing, twisting or bending. Coughing, sneezing, and hiccups are extremely pleasurable! Poor Ms Stank....she was a trooper and finished harvesting the carrots (holy hell there were some big freaking carrots), taters and beets. She also got them stowed away in their bins in the basement. Felt terrible not being able to help and sitting there while she was working....but not much else we could do.

I did get the outdoor firepit going and got a nice bed of coals ready for grilling the steak and scallops for our dinner. We will do a traditional Turkey day this weekend.

Really hoping that i just strained the intercoastal and didn't tear it....but I am not sure. Definitely not the way we envisioned the day going but I am THANKFUL it wasn't worse! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Thanks Penny, i appreciate it.

It was like a comedy show out there with me trying to cook the steak over the firepit. Wind would change direction and blow the smoke in my face. Nose would run and I would forget not to sniff and I would get hit with wave of pain when I tried to sniff the runny nose. Tried blowing it....but thats just as bad. I would cough from the smoke and same thing.

I am not a good person for this type of injury......where rest is called on. I can't stand sitting still.

Hope the pop doesn't mean more than a strain. Splint yourself with a pillow. Hope it feels better soon.

Take it easy over there old man... Gotta keep yourself upright to care for all them monsters you grow.

Hope you heal up quick brother.
:passitleft:

Sending good juju your way.

I am not a good person for this type of injury......where rest is called on. I can't stand sitting still.
ive bugared up my ribs a couple times and the best thing thing to do is take it easy but keep moving as much as your able no lifting it takes a little time I slipped in the backyard one day went down landed on my left side ribs on a pile of rock hurt like a mf I couldn't get into bed on my back for 2 weeks and after that it was very uncomfortable so it just takes time the thing we hate the most hang in there bud!

Damn Van. That sucks but that is how those back things go. Just doing something semi normal and bam. My boss threw his out putting his kid in a car seat. That back shit is no joke. Hope you heal soon.

On a side note plants look great as always, and the pup is awesome. My little shit just turned a year last month. He is about 115# now and a little ass at times as well. We waited to fix him until almost a year. My experience with big dogs is they are not developed enough for anaesthesia until they are a little older. I almost lost my female spaying her too soon.

Hope the pop doesn't mean more than a strain. Splint yourself with a pillow. Hope it feels better soon.

Hey Al, thank you! Hope the same thing! But I can feel things move around in there in ways they shouldn't so I really hope its not a tear.

Hope your feeling better today brother and it was just a strain. Here’s to a speedy recovery, and if you need a hand to make sure things get done before it snows I’m free all weekend :passitleft:

Shit....snow? Hadn't even looked at a TV news report in a week. How much are we supposed to get? Guess I should turn on the idiot box at some point tonight huh. Thanks for the heads up and the offer brother....much appreciated.

Take it easy over there old man... Gotta keep yourself upright to care for all them monsters you grow.

Hope you heal up quick brother.
:passitleft:

Sending good juju your way.

Thanks brother, I appreciate it. I spent most of the day doing plant work today. I had to switch stuff around for the new stuff getting flipped. Watered everything which was a royal pain in the ass with the rib variable. Definitely not a fan of picking up and moving the 10 gallon pots after they been watered.

Everything took me about 4-5 hours which was about twice as long as it normally does....so moving at about half speed. Learning how to move and not engage that area has been tricky but I have done pretty well with it today.

Appreciate the good juju as well! :thanks: :passitleft:
Feeling any better today brother?

Interesting question....I am more sore today but not sure if its like a traditional injury or the fact that i was pretty freaking medicated yesterday to fight it off a bit. So more sore for sure.....but I have gotten better at not coughing, sneezing, or doing things that really hurt so that helps a ton.

ive bugared up my ribs a couple times and the best thing thing to do is take it easy but keep moving as much as your able no lifting it takes a little time I slipped in the backyard one day went down landed on my left side ribs on a pile of rock hurt like a mf I couldn't get into bed on my back for 2 weeks and after that it was very uncomfortable so it just takes time the thing we hate the most hang in there bud!

I try not to do much lifting....but had to water the plants so they all got lifted. Good thing is I won't have to touch them for another 3-4 days so I will get a couple days to really try and rest and recover.....something I haven't done at all today.

Murphy had me in his crosshairs again today. After all the work with the plants, we had to go pick some stuff up. I didn't really want to go but I didn't want Ms Stank doing the drive by herself so I tagged along. Halfway there......thump, thump, thump.....yep.....flat tire. :rolleyes:

Wasn't fun but I was very glad that I was the one to do the tire change and not Ms Stank. Guess I know what I'll be shopping for tomorrow lol.

Damn Van. That sucks but that is how those back things go. Just doing something semi normal and bam. My boss threw his out putting his kid in a car seat. That back shit is no joke. Hope you heal soon.

On a side note plants look great as always, and the pup is awesome. My little shit just turned a year last month. He is about 115# now and a little ass at times as well. We waited to fix him until almost a year. My experience with big dogs is they are not developed enough for anaesthesia until they are a little older. I almost lost my female spaying her too soon.

Hey Sam, good to see ya brother. Coopers only 55-60 lbs right now (gotta weigh him for his next dose of meds soon so I'll find out for sure soon), but I can't imagine a 115 lb dog. Coopers really not bad as long as I get his exercise in...but if I don't, forget it, he's an asshole LOL.

Random Shots

No official update today. I did grab a few pics while I was down playing with the girls. We got the 4x4 all arranged for its first official day of 12/12. We moved the Slurricane and Labyrinth from the transition tent over to the 4x4 and added in the Afghani #1 from Sensi Seeds, and Grampa Glue from @Grandpa Tokin . Got crowded in there really quickly.

I am very excited to see this batch do its thang. The plan will be as things finish up in the Flower Tent #1 with the Spydrx light, I will move whatever will fit from Flower Tent #2 over and under the more powerful light. It will be at least 2 weeks until that happens.

Flower Tent #2

Afghani #1 (in 7 gallon pot)- Sensi Seeds - Veg Day 98

Labyrinth (in 8 gallon pot) - Exotic Genetix - Post Transition Day 1

Slurricane (in 10 gallon pot) - In House Genetics - Post Transition Day 1

Grandpa Glue #4 (Clone) - @Grandpa Tokin Genetics - Veg Day 50

Had this one under wraps for a bit. Got her up potted to a 5 gallon pot about 10 days ago and will be flipping her tonight to the abrupt 12/12 flip. I toyed with the idea of doing the gradual transition but we just don't have things set up to do it again. I may revisit this tomorrow with another night of the thinking cap on....but likely she will be abruptly flipped along with the Afghani.

I am very excited to flower this out in our organic soil under the Fluence Spydrx. Hope we can do the originator his proper justice!

And of course I had to take a couple shots off my favorite two ladies in the flower tent.

Flower Tent #1

Hindu Kush

Sour Cherries

Sour Cherries! What a party :D so much great eye candy in here always. :yummy: That A5 is looking super green and shiny! I don’t know if I’ve seen one that shiny ;)

:thanks: .....that Jack is really looking and smelling top notch! Anyone with those freebie Jack Herer from @SeedsMan should really considering popping them!

I got one - a freebie from @SeedsMan - and it’s called Jack Herrer, with a double ‘r’. Is that the same one? I wondered if it was a typo, but it;s on their website as Herrer as well :hmmmm:

I’ll be stoked if it is the same as the line you;re saying is a good one. JH is one f the strains on my list to try that I haven’t procured yet... but maybe I do have it after all!

Back
Top Bottom