Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Thanks Beez....LOL....that would be CRAB Meal. Not sure where to find crap meal other than at Micky D's lol. My apologies. See what happens when I am posting shit late at night and very high. Probably didn't have my eyeballs on either.

Hey Everyone!

I know that there are some crazy times going on in the world right now....hope you all are staying safe.

We are pretty isolated where we live (a good thing and it was part of the plan as we tend to like our privacy more than we like being around people) and we stay very busy with work around the farm. Hopefully to everyone else out there that doesn't have the luxury of being away from the craziness, you are finding a way to stay sane.

We are gonna start out with something to make everyone a bit happier.....dogs! We recently added to our pack, with an 8.5 year old German Shepard. She was a friend of ours, and he is in a situation where he just couldn't keep her anymore. I texted him to tell him that I had some clones ready for him to come pick up. He responded back that he couldn't take them right now and asked if we wanted Luna. Well she is such a sweetheart with a great disposition/demeanor that we couldn't imagine not taking her. He had posted her on Craiglist and got 16 responses but couldn't bring himself to give her to a total stranger. When we responded that we would love her, he was extremely relieved. We added the caveat that if he get back to a living situation that is supportive of taking care of her, he could have her back.

And of course Cooper is taking a bit of time getting used to having a sister now. Speaking of that....she went into heat 2 days after we got her! :thedoubletake: :confused: Uh oh.....and Cooper isn't fixed yet. He has been scheduled to get em chopped in a couple weeks but we fear by then its going to be too late. Stank don't need a litter of pups. We got him added to the standby list in case a spot opens up.

Anyways, back to the plants. Things are picking up around here. We are very close to harvesting the Afghani, and almost time to start the reveg on the Grandpa Glue. We flipped 4 plants yesterday as well....the Labyrinth, Sour Cherries, Durban Poison, and Alien OG.

I also up potted another plant into the 20 gallon pots for the outdoor grow. It was a tough choice and one I may end up regretting but I chose the Super Silver Haze from Greenhouse Seeds. I am really digging her structure and want to let her go naturally outdoors. I realize she may not finish outdoors and I am ok with that as I am taking a couple cuts off her to run indoors as well.....just to ensure I get a complete harvest from her.

We have a couple slots left for the outdoor grow right now

One of those got filled with the SSH.....but the other three will be filled by a Stankberry girl, a DTF girl, and a KBTF girl. We are just waiting for the Stank crop to show sex so I can pick the winners.

Super Silver Haze (Fem) - Greenhouse Seeds - Veg Day 53

Jack Herer (Clone) - Seedsman - Veg Day unknown

It was time to put a little effort into this outdoor lady. She has exploded with growth in the 3 weeks she's been outdoors. Had to break out the pipe cleaners and spread her out and open her up for some better penetration. What girl doesn't like better penetration right!

Here she was before our session....

Took a fair bit of time but we got her set up nicely.

Seeing your reply reminded me that I owe you and @dynamo1 the Stank Soil recipe. Found my notebook so here goes!

This batch will generally yield around 50-60 gallons of finished soil depending on the brand of soils, EWC, Coco or Promix you use.

Base items
(2) 1.5 cf bag soil (I use Roots Organic but have also tried Nectar of the Gods as well)
(1) Bag of Coco (2 cf) or Pro Mix or Canadian Spagnum Peat Moss
(1) 30 LB Bag of Earth Worm Castings
(1) .5 cf Bag of Humus (I Use Ancient Forest Alaskan Humus)
.5 cf of BioChar (lots of brands out there or you can make your own...see the tube)
(1) Cup Neem/Karanja Cake (Been having a hard time finding this so feel free to substitute straight Neem Seed Meal)
(2) Cups Crap Meal
(2) Cups Shrimp Meal
(2) Cups Bio-Live (great general use fertilizer as its a combination of several things and is from the brand Down to Earth)
(2) Cups Fish Bone Meal
(2) Cups Langbeinite
(1) Cup Azomite
(1) Cup Alfalfa Meal
(1) Cup Bonemeal
(2) Cups Bio-Fish (from Down to Earth)
(2) Cups Soybean Meal
(1) Cup Glacial Rock Dust
(1) Cup Basalt
(2) Cups Gypsum
(1) Cup Fish Meal
(1) Cup Blood Meal
(3) Cups Greensand (They recently shut down the only Greensand mine opened in the USA, but supposedly Brazil has a mine that is filling the requirements.....but its still tough to find locally but available through the zon)
(1) Cup Seabird Guano
(1) Cup Bat Guano
(2) Cups Feather Meal (Great slow release N that won't burn plants and great for top dressings)
(2) Cups Oyster Shell Flour
(2) Cups Kelp Meal
(.5) Cup Rock Phosphate
(.5) Cup Dolomite Lime
(1) Tablespoon Humic Acid (powder)
(2) Tablespoon Azos (beneficial bacteria....can substitute with whatever is available)
(.5) Cup Mykos
(1) Cup Insect Frass

Doesn't really matter the order you mix anything....just get it good and mixed up. That amount will require about 5 gallons of water to get the cook going properly. Make sure to cook in temps above 70 degrees F for at least 30 days (I prefer waiting 45 when possible). Once cooked....store properly and keep damp and off any concrete floors (Set on pads of foam or something else to insulate from the cold suck).

This will generally get you start to finish with water only if the soil is cooked properly. I keep harping on that because that issue was the culprit in all troubles the last two winters. Soil just wasn't cooking properly down in the basement.

I have eliminated that issue this year by just picking up everything needed to make 200 gallons of our Stank Soil and getting it cooked up this week. Yes its heavy on amendments....too heavy in some people's minds, but when its cooked properly and being used in good environmental conditions, its a top notch soil that will yield heavy and produce top notch flowers.

I don't pH anything or even own a pH pen. All I use when I water my plants is water (rain water is the absolute best) and SNS-209 (systemic treatment against pests...basically just rosemary oil into soil drenches). Occasionally I will also add 1 Tablespoon of Hydrolized Fish/Seaweed Fertilizer (2-3-1) into a 5 gallon bucket of water if I am keeping the plants in small pots for a while. I am a huge fan of most any fish based fertilizer...the plants react immediately when I water it in.

Cheers!!
Wow, Van Stank, that's a lot of amendments. If I wanted to try this would it be okay to omit the seabird guano and double up on the bat guano! :laughtwo: :rofl:

Hey Everyone!

I know that there are some crazy times going on in the world right now....hope you all are staying safe.

We are pretty isolated where we live (a good thing and it was part of the plan as we tend to like our privacy more than we like being around people) and we stay very busy with work around the farm. Hopefully to everyone else out there that doesn't have the luxury of being away from the craziness, you are finding a way to stay sane.

We are gonna start out with something to make everyone a bit happier.....dogs! We recently added to our pack, with an 8.5 year old German Shepard. She was a friend of ours, and he is in a situation where he just couldn't keep her anymore. I texted him to tell him that I had some clones ready for him to come pick up. He responded back that he couldn't take them right now and asked if we wanted Luna. Well she is such a sweetheart with a great disposition/demeanor that we couldn't imagine not taking her. He had posted her on Craiglist and got 16 responses but couldn't bring himself to give her to a total stranger. When we responded that we would love her, he was extremely relieved. We added the caveat that if he get back to a living situation that is supportive of taking care of her, he could have her back.

And of course Cooper is taking a bit of time getting used to having a sister now. Speaking of that....she went into heat 2 days after we got her! :thedoubletake: :confused: Uh oh.....and Cooper isn't fixed yet. He has been scheduled to get em chopped in a couple weeks but we fear by then its going to be too late. Stank don't need a litter of pups. We got him added to the standby list in case a spot opens up.

Anyways, back to the plants. Things are picking up around here. We are very close to harvesting the Afghani, and almost time to start the reveg on the Grandpa Glue. We flipped 4 plants yesterday as well....the Labyrinth, Sour Cherries, Durban Poison, and Alien OG.

I also up potted another plant into the 20 gallon pots for the outdoor grow. It was a tough choice and one I may end up regretting but I chose the Super Silver Haze from Greenhouse Seeds. I am really digging her structure and want to let her go naturally outdoors. I realize she may not finish outdoors and I am ok with that as I am taking a couple cuts off her to run indoors as well.....just to ensure I get a complete harvest from her.

We have a couple slots left for the outdoor grow right now

One of those got filled with the SSH.....but the other three will be filled by a Stankberry girl, a DTF girl, and a KBTF girl. We are just waiting for the Stank crop to show sex so I can pick the winners.

Super Silver Haze (Fem) - Greenhouse Seeds - Veg Day 53

Jack Herer (Clone) - Seedsman - Veg Day unknown

It was time to put a little effort into this outdoor lady. She has exploded with growth in the 3 weeks she's been outdoors. Had to break out the pipe cleaners and spread her out and open her up for some better penetration. What girl doesn't like better penetration right!

Here she was before our session....

Took a fair bit of time but we got her set up nicely.

Doggie clones soon to come! :Rasta:

Wow, Van Stank, that's a lot of amendments. If I wanted to try this would it be okay to omit the seabird guano and double up on the bat guano! :laughtwo: :rofl:
Depends on the NPK value of your bat guano. Sea bird guano is very high P where most bat guano is high in N. If u replace it, you will want to augment your P a bit.

Now having said that, I'm a fan of experimenting.....so give it a try. I know I have more in my soil than I need. In fact the big jack in the pics above is being grown in used soil that is un-amended. So still plenty of stuff in the soil for a 2nd run.

I've had 4 dogs in my life, and I still can barely stand a puppy. Ugh. The next one will be at least 4 months old before I let it into my house. :rolleyes:

I thought I would share a photo of a bud on my Grandpa Glue (Gorilla Glue #4 clone only cut X Purple Punch) currently at flip +28 days in flowering. On most of the buds the leaves are the buds are starting to turn color. Her aroma is a sort of gassy grape with the grape a wee bit stronger at this point. I am encouraged with the trichrome production already at 4 weeks. I anticipate a long 8 week or short 9 week flowering run for this plant. But it's the first I've grown it so we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom