Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Harvest updates!!!

Alright Alright Alright!!!! Got a couple of the girls chopped down over the past couple days.

First one that we took down was the Sensi Durban. We chopped her Monday.....didn't get a lot of pics but we got a couple. She was grown out in a 5 gallon pot, un-topped with no training. Her wet weight was just over 710 grams wet so I figure she will give me right at 150-160 grams when dried. I smoked a tester off her and she is very clear headed and focused...just what I am looking for in my Durbans. Looking forward to see how she improves in the jar!!

Yesterday we chopped the Alien OG. Got this one as a clone from a friend and it was grown out in a 5 gallon pot and was topped a week before flip. She was a breeze to grow and had some of the strongest stems I have come across and might be the most dense buds I have come across. Even her lowers that don't look done are very dense. Its got a very unique smell....no clue how to describe it. Its also one of the hairiest strains I have grown.

She came in with a wet weight of 864 grams, which I believe is my highest wet yield from a 5 gallon plant. Right now it really seems that soil and lights are clicking at high speed as all my 5 gallon pots are yielding me close to 30 grams per gallon of soil. Any time I am hitting 30 grams or more per gallon, I'm a very happy camper.

I moved an 8-ball Kush from Barney's into the Alien OG spot, and I moved the Golden Tiger into the Durban's spot. Tomorrow I will be looking at harvesting either the Sour Cherries or the Labyrinth. Both of them are at flip day 67 today so they are definitely in the window!

Spent some time outdoors yesterday cleaning up after chopping the Alien OG. That storm blew down a lot of branches and other stuff. I am very pleased that all the outdoor girls came through with very few issues!! I snapped a couple shots of the fence girls while I was out there.

Here's the Super Silver Haze, pretty good view that showcases her size. She's right at 9 feet tall and just about 6 feet wide. I can't say she is officially flowering but she's close. I am thinking I will be able to call it by this weekend.

This one is the Humboldt Seed Organization's Blue Dream that I am running in the bamboo cage. The bamboo cage kept this nice and stable in the wind storm and is a concept that I am going to play around with going forward, especially with outdoor girls. Just like the SSH above, she's not what I would call officially flowering but its close!!

Here is the Stankberry, which is the biggest of the fence patch. She's coming in just under 8' tall and easily the bushiest of the bunch. Her lowest lowers are up to the 6'+ height and I counted a total of 25 'main' colas that made it up to the canopy level. She is within a couple days of officially being flowering.

This one is the Kushberry Thunderfuck or KBTF. She's just about 7' tall, so she's the shortest of the Stank Genetics gear. She is officially flowering as of the 3rd or 4th, so the clock is ticking on her! She is definitely the most leafy of the three Stank Genetics strains growing here. By comparison to the Stankberry, the KBTF has about 16 'mains' that made it up to the canopy level.

The last one of the Stank Genetics stuff is the DTF. She is just about the same height as the Stankberry but she's no where near as bushy. Her lowers all grew very tight to her frame. She is also officially flowering as well....probably about the same time frame as the KBTF. Its tough to get any good pics of the this plant for some reason.

The last pic of the group is the Annunaki Sour Pineapple. I top dressed her (as well as all the other plants in the fence patch) as her lowers are starting to yellow a bit so I am thinking the soil's loosing a bit of steam relative to the size of the plant.

We are doing a massive water day on all the deck and fence girls....which really is a breeze now thanks to the water system!! Life is good on the farm!!

Highya VS,

Always a nervous time when the storm comes up like that. Glad very little damage was done!! Totally missed us. I do need to stake the ladies up though! All your ladies look superb! Biomass is incredible. Some big ladies!! Congrats on your recent harvests. Lots to smoke!! Happy Smokin'

Highya VS,

Always a nervous time when the storm comes up like that. Glad very little damage was done!! Totally missed us. I do need to stake the ladies up though! All your ladies look superb! Biomass is incredible. Some big ladies!! Congrats on your recent harvests. Lots to smoke!! Happy Smokin'

Yes sir....I don't really watch much news or TV so I didn't really know the severity of the storm as it started rolling through. Definitely glad that none of the girls were hurt too badly. The one plant we put in the veggie garden got a bit tossed around pretty good but came out just fine although growing a bit differently now LOL

Hey Van, glad to see the storm left you intact. Awesome yard grow! Man the Alien was a looker! Have you smoked any?
Thank you Otter!!! No sir, I haven't. I'll get to try her soon enough I figure...3 or 4 more days at the max til I can set something of hers on fire !

Highya VS,

Here's to you finishing the trim job!! :bongrip::ganjamon::Rasta::lot-o-toke:!!!! Happy Smokin'

Lol almost time for release from jail.

Yeah buddy!!! I am conditionally free!! Still have two plants hanging that I have to chop off the stem but thats a breeze. Felt so good to go to bed last night knowing I didn't have to wake up and start trimming. I'll tell you what, I don't know how @Hyena Merica does his whole huge tent harvest non-stop like he does. Just days upon days of trimming! Makes me wonder just how much he smokes to make it through that process LOL!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :Rasta:

Cruising through :surf: Your girls look Great !

Thanks brother!!! Gotta go down and do some tent rearranging in flower tent number one. Gotta get all the girls I had flipped in the veg tent, into the semi vacant Flower tent 1 so I can have my veg tent back LOL. Its going to be a tight fit I am afraid :oops:. Hoping that something from Flower tent 2 will finish so I can move one of these into that tent for a little more room. Gonna try to grab some pics of the new batch flowering when I do this!

Highya VS,

Here's to you finishing the trim job!! :bongrip::ganjamon::Rasta::lot-o-toke:!!!! Happy Smokin'

Thanks Bode! :passitleft:, I appreciate it brother! Felt great waking up knowing I didn't have a plant waiting for me. Now if I could just do something about this heat!! My outdoor girls are really sucking up the water in these 90 degree temps. They are drinking between 2 and 4 gallons of water daily in the big pots. The smaller pots are getting watered about daily. A nice 75 degree day with about 6 hours of light rain would be wonderful right now. Hope your outdoor girls are doing well my friend!

I found dry trimming tends to be much easier on me physically. 58% rh and it’s not that bad. I’m going to try a trim brush on dry buds once I harvest this current run. I’ll post my findings.

I found dry trimming tends to be much easier on me physically. 58% rh and it’s not that bad. I’m going to try a trim brush on dry buds once I harvest this current run. I’ll post my findings.

I kind of bounce back and forth between wet and dry trimming, depending on the plant. I generally like to do a lot of leaf plucking the last week of flower and then just chop, dip, rinse, and hang. i didn't do a very good job pruning or defoliating on either the Sour Cherries or Labyrinth so it was a wild mess that needed to be trimmed before hand.

That was enough for me to plan an aggressive day with the snips in the veg and flower tents today. Just gotta finish watering the outdoor girls, then ditch the clothes and shower before I head down there. Some of the outdoor girls have some spider mites so I gotta be vigilant in preventing me from tracking them down there. Its brutally hot out there today, Real Feel showing 95 but it feels hotter than that. Even the dogs don't want to play frisbee or stick for more than about 5 minutes lol.

Back
Top Bottom