Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Hook, great to see ya brother! Thank you for the kind words. I heard back from the POC and they will be calling tomorrow regarding the wiring instructions. So far so good. Cheers brother! :passitleft:

Hey Fudu.....no unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Augusta National. I always wanted to catch the Masters some day. I held faint dreams of getting to walk the course some day, but my days of playing are over I'm afraid. The back just doesn't like that sort of torque and rotation. I did get to play 10 holes with my dad a year ago and even surprised myself with my distance. Hadn't played in 10 years and with the bad back I was still poking it out there 275-280 a couple times. Its ain't the 300+ I used to do, but it was about 50 more than I figured I would be able to do with the shortened range of motion and flexibility. I paid for it dearly when the day was over. It'll take a special occasion and a lot of weed to get me to play 10 holes again.

Thanks Shed!! In general or one particular plant Shed? Just curious:ganjamon:
Oh I’ve never actually been there either, just tv. It’s on the bucket list. Nick Price said it’s like playing golf in a botanical garden. Unfortunately the only way to play it is to be invited by one of the masters of the universe, or play your way on, neither of which is likely to happen in my lifetime lol. I don’t hit it that far, average distance but can play to a single digit handicap when I’m on. I have back and joint issues too, it sucks.

Oh I’ve never actually been there either, just tv. It’s on the bucket list. Nick Price said it’s like playing golf in a botanical garden. Unfortunately the only way to play it is to be invited by one of the masters of the universe, or play your way on, neither of which is likely to happen in my lifetime lol. I don’t hit it that far, average distance but can play to a single digit handicap when I’m on. I have back and joint issues too, it sucks.
I used to play pretty well back in the day, especially when I was stationed on Miramar. I worked about 300 yards from the golf course and I would just walk on the course every afternoon after the starter left. I'd go out there and play 3 or 4 holes a day but I would work those three or four holes over and over, often times playing 3 or 4 balls at one time or just working approach shots on the tough holes. That was the only time I ever really got to 'work' on my game. Really learned course management and to focus on the short game. I got good enough that I gave up my competitive softball to try and work on the golf swing......too much contradiction between the two swings. I miss it.....but thats life, right brother!

I can't handle that much frost in one post but I'm glad you finally turned the water bottle right side up!

The Jelly WiFi!
The Jelly Wifi is a very fast rooter on clones too......I took clones late off the first one in flower (didn't intend to, but I like how she was growing enough that I decided to take one late, just incase) and it rooted in like 7 days which is about as fast as I have achieved in my set up. The one in flower has a very sweet smell, almost like cotton candy for lack of better description!

LOL, yeah I did manage to flip that bottle over! :ganjamon:

Beautiful garden(s), @Van Stank. That #1 Jelly WiFi is a 10!

And I like the idea of having an isolation tent. :Rasta:

I used to play pretty well back in the day, especially when I was stationed on Miramar. I worked about 300 yards from the golf course and I would just walk on the course every afternoon after the starter left. I'd go out there and play 3 or 4 holes a day but I would work those three or four holes over and over, often times playing 3 or 4 balls at one time or just working approach shots on the tough holes. That was the only time I ever really got to 'work' on my game. Really learned course management and to focus on the short game. I got good enough that I gave up my competitive softball to try and work on the golf swing......too much contradiction between the two swings. I miss it.....but thats life, right brother!
That’s how I learned, same few holes over and over. I too gave it all up to focus on golf but only because it’s the only athletic endeavor on earth where you can improve past your prime.

Beautiful garden(s), @Van Stank. That #1 Jelly WiFi is a 10!

And I like the idea of having an isolation tent. :Rasta:
Thanks brother, I appreciate the kind words and the visit.....always good to see ya! :passitleft: . I do like having the option of using that extra tent as an isolation tent.

That’s how I learned, same few holes over and over. I too gave it all up to focus on golf but only because it’s the only athletic endeavor on earth where you can improve past your prime.
I found it humbling to get beat by a 70 year old woman who couldn't drive it further than 170 yards.....while I was launching it 320. But she never missed a fairway and never missed her approach shot and she never 3 putted. I left and re-evaluated how I played the game after that.

I played her again a few months later and I am happy to report that I crushed her :snowboating: in an unofficial rematch. She even complimented me in my change in approach to the game after that.

I found it humbling to get beat by a 70 year old woman who couldn't drive it further than 170 yards.....while I was launching it 320. But she never missed a fairway and never missed her approach shot and she never 3 putted. I left and re-evaluated how I played the game after that.

I played her again a few months later and I am happy to report that I crushed her :snowboating: in an unofficial rematch. She even complimented me in my change in approach to the game after that.
Don’t feel bad, I got my ass handed to me by a 15yr old girl before.

Yeah it was sometime in the early 2000’s. I’m in fla playing twilight with a buddy and the starter comes up and asks if we mind him pairing us with a girl. He then told us she was only 15 and to be on our best behavior. We promised to be gentleman and then she proceeded to stomp are guts out. By the turn I was down by 4. She finished with a 73.

I love to play golf. But I've been beaten by folks from age 13 to 80. The 13 year-old was a trash talker too. I wanted to strangle his little ass! :Rasta:

I love to play golf. But I've been beaten by folks from age 13 to 80. The 13 year-old was a trash talker too. I wanted to strangle his little ass! :Rasta:
You gotta understand man, at that time I was 30 years old, 6'2 215 lbs at 7% body fat, still playing all sorts of competitive sports including tackle football while I was in the Marines. I was a lean, mean, fightin machine man and a decent golfer at that time. To be beaten by that 110 lb granny, was truly humbling.

I had been beaten by a few guys in their 70s but they were still ripping it 225. But it was the best thing to happen to me. I had been playing with mostly other guys where it was more important to hit it long, get to the greens in 2 on the par 5s.....that sort of stuff. The score wasn't as important as the "boast" and to be tell someone they "hit like my grandmother". Little did I know it would take a "granny ass-whopping" to get me to change my perspective. Thankful for it....i started beating guys I had been chasing for a while!

That course on Miramar had the longest Par 5 in San Diego county with the 9th hole....660 yards from the blues. I miss ripping it on that hole....wide open and only a couple bunkers. Thinking about this shit makes me want to dig my clubs out!!

I bet that fifteen-year-old wasn't dinking it 160 yards right down the middle every single time was she?
More like 250-280 I'm thinking lol
I can’t really remember. I know she played up and we played back and she wasn’t always hitting 1st.

You gotta understand man, at that time I was 30 years old, 6'2 215 lbs at 7% body fat, still playing all sorts of competitive sports including tackle football while I was in the Marines. I was a lean, mean, fightin machine man and a decent golfer at that time. To be beaten by that 110 lb granny, was truly humbling.

I had been beaten by a few guys in their 70s but they were still ripping it 225. But it was the best thing to happen to me. I had been playing with mostly other guys where it was more important to hit it long, get to the greens in 2 on the par 5s.....that sort of stuff. The score wasn't as important as the "boast" and to be tell someone they "hit like my grandmother". Little did I know it would take a "granny ass-whopping" to get me to change my perspective. Thankful for it....i started beating guys I had been chasing for a while!

That course on Miramar had the longest Par 5 in San Diego county with the 9th hole....660 yards from the blues. I miss ripping it on that hole....wide open and only a couple bunkers. Thinking about this shit makes me want to dig my clubs out!!
I played hockey my whole life, the transition was easy. I’ve only met 2 hockey players in my life who were shxtty golfers. They’re really good hockey players too. An anomaly I guess. They’re both defensemen and lefty’s, maybe that has something to do with it lol. Seriously though most low handy cap golfers I play with are hockey players. Once you learn to start down with your left side, the rest is the same. Back on topic, does weed help or hurt your game?

I played hockey my whole life, the transition was easy. I’ve only met 2 hockey players in my life who were shxtty golfers. They’re really good hockey players too. An anomaly I guess. They’re both defensemen and lefty’s, maybe that has something to do with it lol. Seriously though most low handy cap golfers I play with are hockey players. Once you learn to start down with your left side, the rest is the same. Back on topic, does weed help or hurt your game?
I've only played once since I've hurt my back and that was with my dad for his 80th birthday and that's probably the last time I'll play due to how hard it is on the back. The weed definitely made me playing possible...i couldn't swing a club otherwise.

I played alone most times I played, but now with the back the way it is I won't play alone, the enjoyment isn't worth the extreme discomfort following. Maybe if there is ever the chance to play again with old friends or family, I might unpack the clubs. But I fear my playing days are over.

I've only played once since I've hurt my back and that was with my dad for his 80th birthday and that's probably the last time I'll play due to how hard it is on the back. The weed definitely made me playing possible...i couldn't swing a club otherwise.

I played alone most times I played, but now with the back the way it is I won't play alone, the enjoyment isn't worth the extreme discomfort following. Maybe if there is ever the chance to play again with old friends or family, I might unpack the clubs. But I fear my playing days are over.
Sorry to hear that, @Van Stank. I want to be buried with a 6-iron in my coffin. And I really don't care how many people beat me (or how many I beat) on the way to that day.

Let me take that back. There is one guy in my life who I always want to beat and never want to lose to. He's a great friend but a shit-talking pain in the butt on the golf course. :rofl:

Sorry to hear that, @Van Stank. I want to be buried with a 6-iron in my coffin. And I really don't care how many people beat me (or how many I beat) on the way to that day.

Let me take that back. There is one guy in my life who I always want to beat and never want to lose to. He's a great friend but a shit-talking pain in the butt on the golf course. :rofl:
Lol, I’ve got one of those. The shxt talking wouldn’t be so bad if he wasn’t so fn good.

Back
Top Bottom