Stanley Blower for Cool Tube?

upinvapor

Does anyone know if you can use the Stanley Blower mod for cooling a 6" cool tube for a 400W HPS? I plan to hook the 6" duct to the intake on the blower and let it pull cool air through the tube over the light and out the box. The blower would be outside the box pulling the air and blowing it out into an adjacent space(Spare Bedroom). I am thinking about hooking up a DIY Carbon Filter to the exhaust end of the blower so it pulls air over lamp, through duct, out blower and through filter into spare room. I am just concerned that the blower is too strong to just cool the cool tube. Has anyone else done this or know a way to do it with PC Fans? Thanks,

Just did a search to see what a stanley blower is and my first reaction "Holy ---- that thing is huge!" I saw on another site how a grower was using one on a 400 watt so it looks like they work good. Three things I would look at before I bought one would be if the motor is rated for continuous use, is it quiet, and can I hook up a speed controller to slow it down if I need to.:goodluck:

Hey Upinvapor, just for an FYI I use a Hydrofarm 125 cfm squirrel cage blower on a 430 watt Son Agro HPS and it does a fabulous job. The glass on the tube is always cool and I have not had any problems of burned plant tops with the lamp only about a foot above the plants.
So basically a blower in the 90-150 cfm range will do just fine.:grinjoint:

Just did a search to see what a stanley blower is and my first reaction "Holy ---- that thing is huge!" I saw on another site how a grower was using one on a 400 watt so it looks like they work good. Three things I would look at before I bought one would be if the motor is rated for continuous use, is it quiet, and can I hook up a speed controller to slow it down if I need to.:goodluck:

All very good ideas. I actually already have one and on low the sound is fine. I am thinking of putting it inside a wooden box to help muffle the sound and duct in for intake and out for exhaust. I have read the speed controller will not work on this fan, but on the low setting I am hoping it would be perfect. I am thinking now I may leave one end of the cool tube open so the stanley blower will be pulling heat out of the box and the light tube. I am also going to put (3) 90CFM PC Fans in the flowering area which will be controlled by a speed controller.

Back
Top Bottom