Stan's First Soil Sour Diesel Grow! 2017

So I've let the diesel cure for a while now (5 weeks or so?) and thought I should report. Canned in mason jars, humidity started at 69 and slowly worked down to 67 over about 4-5 days with twice daily burpings for 30 min. Then to 65 over another week with less frequent burps. Went from 65-63 over the last couple weeks.
I obviously took a small bud when I was chopping them to try in the vaporizer and wasn't impressed. Not much of a buzz which I was expecting. Tried after a week and got a little more flavor. After three weeks I started to get impressed could really get a hint of diesel fuel with low vape temps, but after 4 these things really transformed! Overwhelming scent of diesel and a hint of lemon. The smoke is very clean on a pipe or bong, but in the vape the flavor really comes out.
The effects for me are very calming, I can feel better focus with low amounts, euphoric with a bit more or get downright lost in thought after a bong session. Helps with pain that I've wanted to forget about recently, and is just overall uplifting which is great for my personality :)
I ended up yielding 346g weighed after 4 weeks of curing. I am very happy with the results and definitely don't need to grow again right away which is great. Big thanks to everyone that helped along the way and 420magazine for this great forum! I'll be lurking and eventually have another grow which I shall likely journal about! :thanks::thumb::hug::allgood:

Oh no I'm sorry to hear that. Starting more?
Still have 3 going strong and definitely female. Might have been a blessing in disguise as there's now barely enough space in the tent for 3 They have grown into beautiful beasts, I'm amazed at the daily changes and am having a blast! Hoping to harvest in early December
One of the remaining is a sour diesel from a bag seed - I'm always just a little leary of whether a (non retail) bag is really the strain it's said to be. Whether it was actually SD or not, it was great smoke - so we took 3 clones from her just 2 days ago. Looks like they'll make it so I'll start a journal for them this weekend.

They grow quickly, and definitely take up more space then anticipated! Hope everything goes well for you. What strains other than sour diesel do you have growing?
I have a Bubba Kush auto fem, she's our only purchased seed and is half the hight of the other 2. The third is an unknown bag seed, sativa dominant I think because she started out short like the bubba kush but now she's as tall as the SD!
They are so beautiful and beasty I'm wondering if the pink cloud ever dissipates I hope not

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :goodjob:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I'm moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom