StarKiller OG, Rockwool, Ebb & Flow, 1200W LED, 2016

I had my plants on a flood table in rockwool blocks and had lines running from a pump to the top of the blocks. The pump was on a timer and would feed the plants then the runoff would drain back into the res. I think i had photos at the beginning of this thread.

Question for those following Pennywise's thread. Hopefully someone can assist here, posting at the suggestion of Pennywise.

I'm growing in organic soil, not a sponsor. But it's super soil, and even states on the bag it is great to use for cannabis. BlueSky Organics™ SUPER SOIL

Ingredients: Coconut Fiber, Composted Forest Material, Feather Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Guano, Gypsum, Greensand, Kelp Meal, Mycorrhizae, Non-GMO Alfalfa Meal, Organic pH Adjusters, Peat Moss, Perlite, Rock Dust, Rock Phosphate, Soybean Meal, Wormcastings.

Now my question is in regards to PH. When I first started my grow I wasn't ph'ing my water properly. 3-4 weeks in I realized that the method I used for PH'ing was flawed, and I corrected that going forward. Thinking that issue at the time was related to PH, but I believe now that it was calcium.

Fast forward to today, and everything I read states that I should NOT be ph'ing my water because it is damaging to the micro life in the soil, and that this soil takes care of monitoring the ph. Adjusting your pH when growing in soil damaging your plants!

So having said that, I should stop ph'ing my water due to the organic adjusters in the soil....right?

Question for those following Pennywise's thread. Hopefully someone can assist here, posting at the suggestion of Pennywise.

I'm growing in organic soil, not a sponsor. But it's super soil, and even states on the bag it is great to use for cannabis. BlueSky Organics™ SUPER SOIL

Ingredients: Coconut Fiber, Composted Forest Material, Feather Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Guano, Gypsum, Greensand, Kelp Meal, Mycorrhizae, Non-GMO Alfalfa Meal, Organic pH Adjusters, Peat Moss, Perlite, Rock Dust, Rock Phosphate, Soybean Meal, Wormcastings.

Now my question is in regards to PH. When I first started my grow I wasn't ph'ing my water properly. 3-4 weeks in I realized that the method I used for PH'ing was flawed, and I corrected that going forward. Thinking that issue at the time was related to PH, but I believe now that it was calcium.

Fast forward to today, and everything I read states that I should NOT be ph'ing my water because it is damaging to the micro life in the soil, and that this soil takes care of monitoring the ph. Adjusting your pH when growing in soil damaging your plants!

So having said that, I should stop ph'ing my water due to the organic adjusters in the soil....right?

If I understand correctly, soil will generally adjust PH on its own if it is a decent recipe, so if the instructions say not to PH then I would happily skip that step. I havent ph’d my water with my clackamus coots organic soil recipe once this grow. Plants seem ok. Soil can handle a decent range of ph and the microbials will balance it out for you.

Now thats IF this stoner brain remembered correctly.

Where's this Malawi I'm hearing about Pennywise? Got any recent pictures? :battingeyelashes:

I would say stop I am going to be doing outdoor grow right now first run my two ph water comes out at 7 I take that water mix up a tad bit of voodoo juice , cal mag and silica blast that’s it currently, my soil is promix hp in the holes I dug and farm fertilizer with a mix of random farm animals ... oh and mycros every time I transplant.

I haven’t had an issue yet . Mother Nature is a enzyme cleaner as well I think Mother Nature should adjust it for you

Yes, with AN you just have to trust at first
My fries should show that ph is not needed using advanced nutrients for two years they do what they say they can do

Re: StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016

I checked it out on their site. Interesting stuff. Confusing as hell though. They need a flow chart so i can see if I am a connesuir grower or a beginner. Or a beginner who wants to grow connesuir bud. Or a master grower who needs more expensive nutes to grow than a beginner does?

Gauge
They have a an app you use hmm type in app for advanced nutrients you can do all that there I believe

1 liter of each will last a long time. I rarely go over 1/2 strength. Look at voodoo juice, piranha and tarantula. That's the beneficial bacteria for your roots.
Big bud too

Back
Top Bottom