Start auto seeds in final pot?

it's not mine

From Royal Queen Seeds:

"WHAT ABOUT TRANSPLANTING AUTOFLOWERS?
Short answer: Don’t worry about it! Things are different when it comes to transplanting autoflowering cannabis. Autoflowers have a preset life cycle and only veg for about 3–4 weeks before flowering. With this limited lifespan, autoflowers don’t have the time to recover from transplant shock. Days of growth lost to stress mean diminished yields. Therefore, you should sow your autoflowering seeds directly into their final pots."

Is this info right?

I tend to agree with it. I started 4 in 5 gallon pots and they worked out great. I'm sure a transplant could be done carefully to reduce any stress but I think if you wait too long they can trigger flowering. I only say that because I did 4 in 1 gallon pots with a plan to pollinate them and they started flowering way earlier. Could have been a coincidence so take that with a grain of salt.

When I've been forced to start seeds in their final pots I start out using a spoon to carefully water right at the base of the seedling, and switch to regular methods when she's big enough. Another way I used for a while was to use a spray bottle set to it's widest and spray until the soil is moist. That was a bit messy for me though, I had to do it in the bathtub (I don't use tents).

When I've been forced to start seeds in their final pots I start out using a spoon to carefully water right at the base of the seedling, and switch to regular methods when she's big enough. Another way I used for a while was to use a spray bottle set to it's widest and spray until the soil is moist. That was a bit messy for me though, I had to do it in the bathtub (I don't use tents).

Condiment squeeze bottle is functional for first couple weeks. I like to water in circular fashion, radiating out from drip line.

Attachments

• IMG_20200322_193617613_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200322_193617613_HDR.jpg
    930.4 KB · Views: 80
Back
Top Bottom