Started smoking again after many years off

jasper19

Another newb here. I only recently started smoking again along with the wife. We are kind of weekenders for the most part.
What we are getting is from a friend and we have no idea what kind it is.
So I told the wife it's like if you walk into a bar and ask for a beer and all you ever get is a draft generic then you never get to try all those great micro brews.
Since we live in a non 420 state I decided to try and grow our own.
In progress of putting together a closet gorilla 2x2.5 tent with led's.

Anyway I did some poking around and decided to try "Dr Atomic Northern Lights". I'm going to use organic soil and found a recommended recipie and plan on mixing it up this week. That means I have at least 4 weeks to continue to learn.

I found the grow log in here on it by a high regarded member named retired old dude. I think he changed his username but not sure.

I'm still trying to read and looking for good vids on sexing, trimming and topping. I have also read some about forcing the flower stage but I don't know at what stage to induce it plus how to know when it's ready for harvest. Much less curing etc.

My plan at this point is to germinate 3-4 seeds and hopefully at least 2 are female. I figure it's a learning experience and the goal is to do a few every 6 months or so depending on how much we use.

I'm doing this totally on my own with no local advisors to ask for help. Living in the suburbs means discretion is a must.
Sorry for the long intro. I'm going to dig for more in the growers forums but if any one has any ideas or direct links I'd be thankful.

Hi Jasper and welcome to the magazine.

Hats off to you for taking the plunge into gardening and controlling your source.

I have a few videos in my Video Grow Journal that may be of assistance. I'm not to experienced with sexing or forcing flower but I'm sure it won't take you long to get it sorted out.

This place in incredibly resourceful and even more motivating. If you have any questions please let me know. I can't wait to get to know you!

:high-five:

Hey Jasper, hope you consider starting a grow journal here, there's no better way of getting the assistance and encouragement of some of the world's best growers.

There is absolutely nothing like smoking your own grow. Unbelievable.

Welcome Jasper to the 420 community :byebye:

Like you I just recently took back up partaking in the Mary Jane after a 30 year dry spell. Trust me, there is no better satisfaction then firing up a bowl of MJ that you personally grew. As for the information you are not sure about, just check in my signature for everything you need to know to grow Marijuana. Long read, a few things are outdated but for the most part, it will get you going in the right direction. One thing I always tell new growers is, do not overload your circuits for your grow. Safety is the most important thing when it comes to growing. If you do not want your neighbors to know you grow, do not overload your circuits and start a fire. Nothing lets more people know you are a grower faster then a house fire. 420 has more information about growing then you could shake a stick at, and how to cure once you harvest, when to harvest, when to flush your plants before harvest.. everything and anything you could possibly want to know about growing is here for you, all you have to do is read and enjoy.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your 1st harvest.

Welcome to 420Mag Jasper. It looks like everyone has laid it out for you above....but they missed this.

How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know

I hope you find everything you need. If not feel free to ask, I'll be happy to assist.

Rifleman? you been hitting the bowl today haven't you? Look up one post... I mentioned it was in my signature...:rofl:

And no we did not miss that :circle-of-love::hug::circle-of-love:

Rifleman? you been hitting the bowl today haven't you? Look up one post... I mentioned it was in my signature...:rofl:
And no we did not miss that :circle-of-love::hug::circle-of-love:

How's anybody supposed to find anything in that clutter box signature of yours? I was making it easy...spoonfeeding even. :rofl:
BTW my blood thc is kind of low, I spent too many hours with a chainsaw again today. :bitingnails:

How's anybody supposed to find anything in that clutter box signature of yours? I was making it easy...spoonfeeding even. :rofl:
BTW my blood thc is kind of low, I spent too many hours with a chainsaw again today. :bitingnails:
Don't you mean your THC blood level.. after all you have more THC in those veins then actual blood .. My bad, I am just envious though I got totally baked Saturday night out at my brothers. An old friend from our home town was in town visiting so we broke out all the different varieties of smoke to let him test. That and a case of beer.. but no chain saws :adore::rofl:

You can keep the beer. It'll be five years in July and I don't miss it...or waking up wondering if the cat really did shit in my mouth while I was asleep/passed out. :rofl: No booze or tobacco, I kinda exercise, eat well...everything, and smoke an oz a week. I'm the picture of health. I should live to be 121. :biglaugh:

Don't you mean your THC blood level.. after all you have more THC in those veins then actual blood .. My bad, I am just envious though I got totally baked Saturday night out at my brothers. An old friend from our home town was in town visiting so we broke out all the different varieties of smoke to let him test. That and a case of beer.. but no chain saws :adore::rofl:

Oh how I've come to love the taste tours!

Beers and saws don't go so well together. Weed and saws, now that's when things get creative! :)

Again thanks to all for the encouragement.
I'm working on getting the closet ready by moving stuff out and taking down a couple shelves.
As far as power goes it was a factor for me going with LEDs for lighting. I'm actually an electrician in industry by trade and from what I can tell from my first glance is I'm looking at around a 5-6 amp draw I think including the light,fan internal add on fan in the tent. I will defiantly put a amprope clamp on when I get going to verify. Tomorrow I'm putting in an outlet in the closet.
Going to go shoping for materials to make my own organic soil mix and that will delay me 4 weeks while it cooks and I'm still waiting on seeds. I'm not going to get in a big rush and screw it up. I hope.

Back
Top Bottom