Starting 10 seedlings inside under lights before moving outside. HID or CFL?

Guerilla Dr

Hi guys, I am an outdoor grower (never grown indoors before) and because of my short growing season where I live (UK) I want to start my plants earlier indoors for a few weeks to extend my growing season. Also, this year I had big problems with slugs and the weather effecting most of my plants when they were in the seedling stage...

Anyway, I have access to a rather small, limited growing space (1.5m x 1m) but that shouldn't be a problem since I am only growing my plants from seedlings to around 4 weeks, maybe 6 weeks at the very most. Once they are about 1.5ft tall and the temperatures are warm enough come early June, I will plant them outside.

My question is what lights and how many should I use for this type of grow? I don't need anything extravagant, just enough to get them started but I plan on having around 10 plants considering it is only for a few weeks while they are seedlings going into early veg. I figure that my grow area will be too small for HID lights, plus I won't have a cooling system in place which is why I am leaning towards CFL lights. Can anyone tell me how many CFL's I would need in a 1.5m x 1m area to bring along 10 plants for 4-6 weeks. Is this the best method and is it doable??

:thanks: I have absolutely no idea about this and it is impossible to find much info online about this type of grow...

I would go with LED if your wanted to grow them for six weeks.

Check out what MarsHydro has to offer. You could also grow an extra one or two that you could put into flower with it when you put the others outside.
Reflector series LED Grow Lights - Mars Hydro

Mars II are also 5w Mars II series LED Grow Lights- Mars Hydro

Their website is out of date. The Reflectors are 5watt LED's and are capable for all stages of growth.

That way you could be smoking some killer bud while you wait for the outside stuff to get done.

Just a thought....

Back
Top Bottom