Starting Roots Is It Ok To Transplant?

dekon

Hello All :)

Never cloned before this is a first attempt so be gentle...lol

100_09564.JPG
100_09574.JPG

This is one of my little flower clones that it did in water without any hormones, took about 3 weeks before they even started to form roots. Now they are just popping out everywhere.

I guess my question is should I wait a few more days and let that tap root develop a little more or would it be OK to transplant into soil now?

I've already transplanted one into soil last night, got the soil damp but not soaking. As well I have a humidity dome on it, I just don't know If maybe I put in the dirt before enough roots were able to properly develop.

Any input would be great guys and thanks!!!

:peacetwo:

Those roots look good! I often wondered if it was a better idea to just root my clones in a free-glass of water... I think I'll have to try that next time! If it takes longer, that's fine with me. I regularly root garden plants (mint for example) in just a cup of water, with almost 100% success - why not with the MJ cuttings? Thanks for the heads-up!

As for your question - It should be fine putting them into soil like that, but the roots would benefit from 3-4 more days in the water by the look of it, and likely give you a higher survival rate on the clones...just my 2 c. Good luck!!

Almost forgot... since those clones are already flowering, you should be putting them straight into 12/12 after about 2-3 days in the soil...but I'm sure you already knew that! =)

I'm with Dayzt, I'd let her go a few more days before putting her in soil. It is perfectly normal for cuttings taken during flowering to take a while to root though.

Also, you can veg her if you want...just keep her under 24 hours of light and she'll revert, getting a flowering cutting to root in the first place is the hard part.

Recently I've been having 100% success rooting directly in soil...FF Light Warrior to be exact. I'm experimenting with rapid rooters now to see if I can get the same success rate.

@Dayzt - yeah the water cloning works just a good, maybe not as fast with hormones but it works!

@Fratdogg223 - I tried directly into soil the first time around and didn't have any luck. So decided to try this is and got roots so I'm happy :)

Thanks for the input guys I will def let my little clones go a few more days.

Yeah... if you can wait a few days and get some more root... you chances of growth will be increased dramatically IMNSHO!

In other words I third the above mentions!

PS... I know guys that clone w/just some clone solution and plug them right into the soil they use. One thing I have noticed it that a room w/really high RH will make a much less hostile enviro for them babies to get going... cheers!

@Dayzt - yeah the water cloning works just a good, maybe not as fast with hormones but it works!

@Fratdogg223 - I tried directly into soil the first time around and didn't have any luck. So decided to try this is and got roots so I'm happy :)

Thanks for the input guys I will def let my little clones go a few more days.

Thank you brother! Glad I could help! Remember, getting flowering clones to root is always more difficult!

PS... I know guys that clone w/just some clone solution and plug them right into the soil they use. One thing I have noticed it that a room w/really high RH will make a much less hostile enviro for them babies to get going... cheers!

Yup, basically what I've been doing! I mix six or seven handfuls of FFLW with a handful of worm castings and fill up the smallest pots I can find(I've been using cut down plastic drinking cups with holes in the bottom, which lets me fit 24 in a standard tray.

I lightly scrape the sides of the stem make sure they are wet and dip them in rooting powder and put them right in the cup. I make a hole first so I'm not rubbing the powder off as I put the cutting in the soil.

The powder is cheap...$7 or $8 for a bottle at Home dePot that will do hundreds of clones, and it's designed to be used with soil or some other medium. I used the gels with my homemade aero-cloners.

A humidity dome is a must though, since the plants will not be able to take up any water from the soil until they have roots, so I mist a few times a day. They have been rooting so quickly the leaves don't even start to yellow. plus I never got 100% with the cloners I made.

Here's a batch in my vegging closet from a couple months back:
223-21.jpg

dekon, you said you have a humidity dome on the one you put in soil, so I think you'll be fine!

Back
Top Bottom