Starting Somewhere

GrowerX

I don't even know where to begin as this forum seems to be the creme de la creme for information. I am a medical user who had trouble getting my fix from the local dispensary after everything around me was shut down. I have stumbled upon this forum in that time trying to information grab. Hopefully it helps to lead these sprouts to the promise land ( up in smoke).

I supposedly have 2 regular cornbread seeds (from a friend so who knows they already look different) in the 3 gal fabric pot and a Fem Sativa marked with yellow ( the package name was "EEEE") and I have a DJ short blueberry labeled with the blue (bought from a bank so I trust they are stable). My goal is to create seeds.

I am currently using a SP250 mars light in a 2x4 Tent. I have scheduled my sun to go down for 4 hours a day and leave the Rays on them the rest of the time. I started the Reg seeds outside, but it was still a little cold where I am and I noticed a Stunt of growth. Luckily my tent and lights arrived shortly after, and now I am on my way. I still have a few growers outside to see if they can withstand the elements and if their vigor triumphs then I will pull them inside once they are closer to flowering.

I was not able to purchase nutrients for them, and I don't plan to. However, reading on here it seems that in CoCo they need to be fed quite often. I have coffee grounds and eggs at the ready to introduce to my feeding once they shed the fake first nodes. A helpful nudge is always appreciated as I have seen some insane organic growers here. I don't have the organic soil, but would like to give them organic feeds and Teas (still looking for inexpensive Tea recipe).

I had the thought if I flushed my CoCo with organic Tea every week, and saved it for next time the soil might be a little charged? just a thought maybe someone can confirm or set me straight.

Thanks for reading and hopefully I can get to know some people on here and we can ride the green waves together.

Peace,
image1.jpeg

Going the organic way is admirable but it takes a lot of research and a lot more effort than going the fertilizer method. Not telling you what to do but a growing number of people use the one part system called MegaCrop from Greenleaf Nutrients. Even some pretty seasoned organic growers have switched over because of the ease and simplicity. You can get it through their site or through Amazon. You could start off with MegaCrop to get a grow under your belt as you learn about organic methods but honestly, I think you would stick with MC. Just my two cents.

I’m on plants 3 and 4 with mega crop, first year grower. So i say that it works fine also. But as I haven’t used any other nutes, I got nothing to compare this grow to lol.

I have read in a short time that MegaCrop still is a Salt Based nutrient. I was trying to stay clear cause it doesn't sound good for the roots, have you experienced any problems because of it?

Through some research yesterday I came across a Doc Brix Recipe that seems to have super potential. I also came across gia green top dressing fertilizer. I might try mixing the Gia and some MegaCrop and extra Kelp and Urb ingredients and see if I can make a nuclear powered mix ( or less expensive, but equal ingredients). I don't know how organic it would be, but I would only have to add water :)

For this grow because I'm not familiar with any brand or type of nutrients I'm just mix up some oxygenated Teas and see how my plants do with that from start to finish as only food.

From reading CoCo is just to stable roots and feeds go right through it, and its hard to start organic living relationships in a home that gets flushed out every week, but this early it seems to soak up and hold nutrients well. This is why I really want to get some good healthy life settled in there as long as it can , and nothing with Salts. Maybe its too late since growth has started in the pots (if someone can fill me in on that. I'm still a little confused maybe of just the definition of organic growing; which I'll have to research more it seems).

I'm thinking of a slightly organic grow where the organic matter and habitat slowly dies out as the plant ages into bloom and then I pump it with fertilizer to finish off. Maybe this isn't possible, but its what ill be researching for a few weeks.

Peace,

I have read in a short time that MegaCrop still is a Salt Based nutrient. I was trying to stay clear cause it doesn't sound good for the roots, have you experienced any problems because of it?

Through some research yesterday I came across a Doc Brix Recipe that seems to have super potential. I also came across gia green top dressing fertilizer. I might try mixing the Gia and some MegaCrop and extra Kelp and Urb ingredients and see if I can make a nuclear powered mix ( or less expensive, but equal ingredients). I don't know how organic it would be, but I would only have to add water :)

For this grow because I'm not familiar with any brand or type of nutrients I'm just mix up some oxygenated Teas and see how my plants do with that from start to finish as only food.

From reading CoCo is just to stable roots and feeds go right through it, and its hard to start organic living relationships in a home that gets flushed out every week, but this early it seems to soak up and hold nutrients well. This is why I really want to get some good healthy life settled in there as long as it can , and nothing with Salts. Maybe its too late since growth has started in the pots (if someone can fill me in on that. I'm still a little confused maybe of just the definition of organic growing; which I'll have to research more it seems).

I'm thinking of a slightly organic grow where the organic matter and habitat slowly dies out as the plant ages into bloom and then I pump it with fertilizer to finish off. Maybe this isn't possible, but its what ill be researching for a few weeks.

Peace,
I wouldn't worry about salts or roots with MegaCrop. I never water enough to get much or any runoff and never flush and I have never had any type of salt buildup problems. I also just use tap water without adjusting pH with my MegaCrop. I use Pro mix HP which is about the cheapest medium around. The proof is in the pudding and here is my Gorilla Glue plant about a week ago. That is a 10-gallon pot and my trunk is almost 1 inch in diameter. My best yield so far was 10 ounces but that was just with a 5-gallon pot so I expect considerably more with this plant.

IMG_0195.JPG

Peace,
I think it would be wise to keep it simple first time around unless you have a mentor to work with in person. To get a feel for it.

I have read in a short time that MegaCrop still is a Salt Based nutrient.
Yeah in a scientific term it is, most of all plant nutrients are in salt form, nitrogen salts potassium salts, etc. (idk I’m no scientist)there all made so that they dissolve in water and are more readily available for plant roots.
The bacteria break down organic matter in organic grows and poop out those salts that roots can absorb. So chemical nutes or bacteria poop. Is the same thing chemically, the difference is in how it’s made the way I understand it.
But then I gain I can be totally wrong here I’m a noobie sharing my thoughts. The way I understand them.
But it is always good to do your own research, I wouldn’t want you growing a plant out on word of mouth alone lol. Did that in the past, It never got me anywhere lol. For 6 years :laugh:
I was just killing plants. :)rolleyes: :D
Basically lol found I can kill plants in many of different ways.
all basically relating to ph death, nute death, and root problems lol. Then there was the light problems.
etcetc. A lot of failed experiences lol. It’s very embarrassing.
But I can look back at them days and be like, yeah, I’m not doing that again lol. And get a good laugh at my dip * head approach of growing.
I hope them days are over, I am currently trying my first hp promix and mega crop grow myself.
And I’m still nervous about it. 6 years is along time with out success lol.
But maybe this is the year I finally do it.
So yeah. Just my little slice of experience. I’d share. With you all.:green_heart:

Yeah in a scientific term it is, most of all plant nutrients are in salt form, nitrogen salts potassium salts, etc. (idk I’m no scientist)there all made so that they dissolve in water and are more readily available for plant roots.
The bacteria break down organic matter in organic grows and poop out those salts that roots can absorb. So chemical nutes or bacteria poop. Is the same thing chemically, the difference is in how it’s made the way I understand it.
But then I gain I can be totally wrong here I’m a noobie sharing my thoughts. The way I understand them.
But it is always good to do your own research, I wouldn’t want you growing a plant out on word of mouth alone lol. Did that in the past, It never got me anywhere lol. For 6 years :laugh:
I was just killing plants. :)rolleyes: :D
Basically lol found I can kill plants in many of different ways.
all basically relating to ph death, nute death, and root problems lol. Then there was the light problems.
etcetc. A lot of failed experiences lol. It’s very embarrassing.
But I can look back at them days and be like, yeah, I’m not doing that again lol. And get a good laugh at my dip * head approach of growing.
I hope them days are over, I am currently trying my first hp promix and mega crop grow myself.
And I’m still nervous about it. 6 years is along time with out success lol.
But maybe this is the year I finally do it.
So yeah. Just my little slice of experience. I’d share. With you all.:green_heart:

I might have to steal your positive attitude in my work life if you don't mind.

I wouldn't worry about salts or roots with MegaCrop. I never water enough to get much or any runoff and never flush and I have never had any type of salt buildup problems. I also just use tap water without adjusting pH with my MegaCrop. I use Pro mix HP which is about the cheapest medium around. The proof is in the pudding and here is my Gorilla Glue plant about a week ago. That is a 10-gallon pot and my trunk is almost 1 inch in diameter. My best yield so far was 10 ounces but that was just with a 5-gallon pot so I expect considerably more with this plant.

IMG_0195.JPG

That thing is.... a ..... BEAST. Has that been a mommy? Or are you just a very patient patient :). I've been searching for negative thoughts on MegaCrop and I cant seem to find any Factual negative results, however I may have to look harder. If you or anyone has a grow using MC recently started I would love to watch along or if its in a signature . A scientific comparison to my normal Tea grow would excite me. Maybe it is a mistake to just use my Tea, but I think that's what I'm going to do for these 4 beauties. If anything just to see how my Selected ingredients alone changes or promotes the growth.

I might have to steal your positive attitude in my work life if you don't mind.

That thing is.... a ..... BEAST. Has that been a mommy? Or are you just a very patient patient :). I've been searching for negative thoughts on MegaCrop and I cant seem to find any Factual negative results, however I may have to look harder. If you or anyone has a grow using MC recently started I would love to watch along or if its in a signature . A scientific comparison to my normal Tea grow would excite me. Maybe it is a mistake to just use my Tea, but I think that's what I'm going to do for these 4 beauties. If anything just to see how my Selected ingredients alone changes or promotes the growth.
At the time of that photo it had been vegging about 60 days and I flipped it to flower about a week ago at 67 days. MegaCrop is so popular on this site that the administrators ended a MegaCrop thread someone started because they felt it wasn't fair to their sponsors it got so much attention. @MrSauga got me to switch to it so you could check out his thread and @InTheShed has one of the most active journals and he is a big proponent also of MC. I think you would be pretty hard-pressed to find bad things about it.

I think it would be a fun idea to do a comparison between your Tea and MC. Here is a picture of my Northern Lights that produced 10 ounces in just a 5-gallon pot using MC. By the way, since that photo was taken I stopped using fans and haven't noticed any difference.

IMG_0088.JPG

Couple photos of my last megacrop grow

Great plants, oldsmokey!!

I just found one of your journals.. I hope it wasn't the completed one :/ , but If I can get half that bud mass its a win for me I would assume anyone.

I'm not trying to pry for knowledge here, but it seems all your leaves are curled up around the edges even the ones without yellowing tips? was this from drying out before harvest or do you pull your lights very close toward the end or is it just a strain thing?
Welcome to :420:
Appreciated

I'm pretty sure that you can't grow nute-free in coco because there is nothing in coco to support the microbes that work in living soil grows. Plants don't eat tea, but tea is used to feed the microbes in living soils. Coco is a form of hydro, so plants in it get fed constantly, sometimes 2-3x a day when they get big.
All fertilizer is salt-based unless it's a natural ingredient that can be digested by soil microbes who poop out nutrients for the plants (thanks for that Scotty!). And plants can't tell the difference where the molecule came from when the roots absorb it.
If you need meds, I'd say buy fertilizer for your coco. If your jars are full, that would be the time to experiment with different grow styles.
its hard to start organic living relationships in a home that gets flushed out every week
Every day, not every week. Coco is drain-to-waste.

I do recommend MegaCrop, but any quality cannabis nutrient line you have access to will work with advice from good growers here who have used it. Each one has its own little tweaks. Here's my 11.3 ounce (dry) Golden Tiger in a 7 gallon pot just before harvest, as long as we're showing off!

Back
Top Bottom