Starting to bud a mother

sully508

hello. back for another question.
i have a mother plant that im going to bud. she was very good to me, but im needing the space to start some WW and blue mystic from nirvana. i never budded a mother plant. she is 28 inches tall right now and lollypop shaped. very thick stalk and stems/ supercropped fan leaves in a 5 gallon bucket.
before i do 12/12 should i give her some cal mg and 24 hours of darkness.
(soiless grow). i heard thats good for budding.
has anyone else heard this? im a newb.
i started ADV. NUTES BLOOM 0-6-5 AND MICRO 2-1-4.plus tarantula and paranha. about two weeks ago. its really taken off after the t/p.can i cut some of the fan leaves off?
can i do 36 hours of dark? its been on 18/6 for about 5 months. i thought might give it a real good start. anyone have any ideas or comments? i'd would appreciate it. thanks :welcome:

hello. back for another question.
i have a mother plant that im going to bud. she was very good to me, but im needing the space to start some WW and blue mystic from nirvana. i never budded a mother plant. she is 28 inches tall right now and lollypop shaped. very thick stalk and stems/ supercropped fan leaves in a 5 gallon bucket.
before i do 12/12 should i give her some cal mg and 24 hours of darkness.
(soiless grow). i heard thats good for budding.
has anyone else heard this? im a newb.
i started ADV. NUTES BLOOM 0-6-5 AND MICRO 2-1-4.plus tarantula and paranha. about two weeks ago. its really taken off after the t/p.can i cut some of the fan leaves off?
can i do 36 hours of dark? its been on 18/6 for about 5 months. i thought might give it a real good start. anyone have any ideas or comments? i'd would appreciate it. thanks :welcome:
Just cut the lights back to 12/12, give her a well rounded nute with the basics plus micro-nutes, all of them, and let her go. Look for flowers during this stage as Mother's sometimes, due to stress, will go Hermy on you. If you do happen to notice any flowering, pull them before they open and release the pollen within so as to not pollinate the rest of the plant. If that should occur, the up side is that you will have female seeds but they will need to mature to be of any use later on, hope this helps...:smokin:

thanks for the info malcolm! i gave her 36 hours of dark in a closet. she looks good soil has dried a bit but all healthy green leaves standing up.
all of mom and daughters are now in 12/12. it will be a little crowded after about 3 weeks. but i have a veg room that is not being used yet. germinating ww and blue mystic. getting ready for april.
i will watch mother for signs of hermi. i didnt even think of that. thank you.
im disabled and dont work. my work is my garden so im always in there. that would be awful if she went hermi and pollenated her daughters. what a waste of$ and time. but so far ive only had 1 herm hawian haze from dutch co.
i got it out in time and let it go about 2 miles away. full of seed. i didnt save any. because i just dont want them around.
thank for the heads up on the mom. yes she has been very streesed. and i will look at her everyday. when she produces a bud ill pull it apart to check for mini seeds. out of the grow room far away.

Did you take a clone or 2? They won't take up much room and you won't lose the strain.

DD

Malcolm said:
If that should occur, the up side is that you will have female seeds

I don't think it works quite that way. I don't think it's that simple. I think there's quite a bit more involved in producing your own feminized seed.

PS- I do hope I'm wrong!

i took more clones. eight. and planted my blue mystic 5 feminized in solo cups and vermeulite/peat/perlite. 4out of 5 have sprouted the 5th one took longer to germ.. i also had planted nirvava free collection looks like strawberry cough and blackjack. they are almost 3 weeks and on there 2nd node.
so basically went back to veg.i also got a clone from a friend of mine grand daddy purple? im on 24/0 then going to 18/6 after all the blue mystics are ready to be transplanted. probably in 6-9 days so clones and seedlings now.
full veg. the mother is also on veg. because i took clones. 6 have taken so far and have been planted 2 to a pot 2 1/2 gallon pots 4 pots total. so i guess ill be ready for bloom in 6 weeks. hopefully.

i also have 5 WW fem seeds i might germ. but its a little crowded in the veg. room.
thanks for the input from everyone. but i really was excited to start the BM seeds. the hell with the mother plant i dont need a hermi in with all the females. like viper said. dont wanna risk it. will start a journal for the BM and the misc. seeds. clone grows etc. thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom