Starting Up - 4 Strains Now 24 Later On - Wish Me Luck

MagicNative

So I finally got in the first 2 strains I'm going to be starting back with in a few days ago.. For starters im just going to do these 2. & 2 more. One is coming in with my nutes whenever that is. The other is just going to be some Reggie. Good old bag seed..
For now though I started getting some things ready. I measured out 3 gallons of water some where around 32 hrs ago. I just let it sit for the first day so I could start the chlorine/ chlorimine separation and evaporation. Earlier tonight I put in my aerator and im just letting the bubbles kinda churn things around to keep some constant movement..

My soils mix:
3 scoops of Just Natural "Organic" garden soil.
And 1 scoop Miricale Grow sphagnum peat moss it was actually a slightly fertilized peat which I didn't know I got till I got home opened it to check it out and then realized I got the wrong one all together because I was in a hurry.
And 2 Black Magic seed starter plugs

So here's what I did
I took the Organic and put 2 of the 3 scoops in a bowl.. And by the way when I say scoops I mean your average every day solo cup sized cups. Turned on the faucet to hot let it get hot to the touch.. Not boiling water from the stove..
(Ive heard this may kill any bacteria or bugs that you may have in the soil that you dont want or may not know are there but you kill the beneficial ones as well & nutrients get screwed. If your starting g from seed immediate nutrients may not be that big of a deal you dont want to burn you new baby right out of the gate. But the freshly killed good and bad bacteria leaves and open play ground for new bacteria infesting. So ya you may be at a 0% bacteria but what's to stop new bacteria, most likely bad ones, to set in and quickly..)
Anyway I filled my container with the 2 scoops to where it was basically drowned. Probably close to 2/3 times more than the soil level.
I let this set for an hour this way both to drench the new soil but to also hopefully drown any bugs or at best to have them clinging for life to the small floating debris. This Just natural has a good 35%-40% bark portion of the soil. Idk just taking a blown out guess at amounts but..
So now that it has set for an hour chances are everything is either stuck and drowned or made it to the top and is floating either dead or alive.. Sift that floating stuff out. This is just just for 2 seed starter cups so either bugs or nutrient loss due to this isnt necessarily to much I hope , but im about to put in more any way. One of them being a slightly fertilized peat..
Drained after sifting I let that soil sit for maybe 3 hours.. Mixing 2 times an hour.. This wont obviously dry it out that much but it can also help break chunks down or reseparate what was already.. Plus ya it dried a little..
Add the 3rd cup of Just Natural and a cup of the sphagnum peat.. What want dry will almost immediately get soaked up by this peat leaving a very freshly open bag of new potting soil look to it.. Not to overly moist and not to dried out.
Thing was i did let this set openly in the house with lots of open air for 24 hrs and kept mixing. So if anyone tries my newbie back to growing method and its still wetter than you'd like after mixing cups 3 and 4 it dries out alot more in this time so don't cuss or talk to much mess plz.. Lol

My 2 strains I already started germination on are:
Amnesia BIlbo
And good Ol' AK 47

When I prepared these it was a process as well i didn't just throw them in a wet paper towel and a ziplock and call it good. Though I still have a few seeds from the purchase im only starting with 1 of each and im hoping that I can crack these and get this thing a rolling as soon as possible.

I took sand paper roled a tube taped it off and then took another ziplock baggy and just laid it over one side then taped it onto the tube. Individually putting one of the seeds in at i time I shook them around to get alot of tiny scratching and nick's on the shell casing for about a min or so. Then laid them, again individually, on a fingernail buffer board thingy.. You know those girly thing things.. Placed them between 2 fingers and applied very little pressure and roled it back and forth to get hopefully slightly deeper scratching.
This is where I started my attempts at germination
° fill another solo with hot water and place your seeds in for about an hour to soak adding a cap full of hydrogen peroxide to the cup
° empty the water carefully so not to loose your seed if it hasn't already fallen to the bottom or in case the peroxide bubbles have carried or do carry back to the top while trying dump it out.. Fill the cup back up with hot water and a cap of hydrogen peroxide. Let this sit over night, while at work or just for about 10 hrs.
° then do the old wet paper towel or toilet paper thing in a ziplock or between plates till you have about 1/8th of an inch sprout.
My other 2 strains on their way. Just some every day bag seed and I have some nutes coming that im wanting to try out at a muchater point that have a white widow 20 pack with them..

Im hoping within the time it takes to get the rest of my nutes and soils the Bilbo and AK are going to be just about ready to get out of these solo cups and transfer into a new media and pot.

My first transfer for the AK and the Bilbo will be into a 10"×8" pot. I also have a plastic 50 gallon drum that was cut into maybe a quarter of its original size for the last transfer..

My sol mix for after the solo cups
Black Magic potting soil
Regular non fertilized peat
Magma SI02
YaraMila 16-16-16

My nutrients and fertilizers for later on will be from
Flower Power and ill have their Flower Power Plant Protectors. I probably wont use anything at all until right around the flowering stage but I want them on hand in case i need them through my veg.. These will be soil plants so im hoping with my soil set up i can make it almost the entire veg without using anything much..

Im kinda excited about the Amnesia Bilbo from what ive read this girl can get to about 8 to 10 feet.. Would it be nice ya but ive got a little experience im wanting fort my first Bilbo strain seed. I want to Mainline her and try to get up to a 32 split.. Will she end up being a 8-10ft giant.. I doubt it but I do have the smaller portable lights and my Mars light plus another ones on the way.. Over all im wanting to try to get about 750 Watts on this baby and see where she goes.. Of coarse im also wanting to try and keep as many clones for smaller mainline 4 splits and will be only mainlining the AK to a 4 way as well.. I dont want these to get as big for room sake.. And ill need to be making sure to flower with these so I can get to drying curing and the end product alot faster.. With the 32 split Bilbo I am definitely going to veg 8 weeks or longer.. And if I just want get her to push that far then what I get is what I can get..

My hydroponics set up is going to have to wait till I get all my pots soil and rooted.
But ive got a little DIY set up their as well. Nothing special its exactly the same as every other DWC set up pretty much but im going to go from my seed starter hydro set up to a 10×8 pot that ive fitted with holes and will place so that I hopefully wont have to transfer again period. And cab leave the system alone all together beside when I change out my water in which ill just have another tote ready with prepaid and Phd water so I can just switch it over and be done for another week or 2.
Anyway that's where im at.. I dont know how to really do this havent ever used this site till not long ago and definitely havent done any journals. But id like to be able to look back at this at some point and have it somewhere if possible to use.. So if you can MSG me and let me know how to come back to it and add to it or we can all just consider this log one of week 1.. And im no PHD on weed Science Or an English major so my typing at times might get all screwy because im on this small azz crap phone and the mobile site for this has a little bitty square box on this little bitty phone making it hard to type and see at the same time..
Anyway
Piece out yall have a great one .

Ok so went to get the black magic.. None available online or in stores.. Went to go get the Yaramila they don't do residential purchases.. So looks like Ive spoke to soon and made a liar out of myself.. Lmao, o well still got most of everything but soil related stuff very similar. And I have found another 16/16/16 but its just fertilizer which isn't bad necessarily because with this I can more easily dial the strength down to a better use.. It obvious that the triple 16 is going to be a pretty strong product to put to use but the strength makes it to where the range of workability can be modified up or down with effort.. Plus the triple 16 for almost the same price I can almost double its use by bringing it down to better applied lvls. Anyway went with a small bag from fox farm.. The ocean forest and a bag of happy frog to mix still got the magma SiO2

Got in the Azomite yesterday but it want with the SiO2 so maybe it and the FfOF and HappyFrog will be here today.. Who knows.
Was curious about the new seeds progression.. Since they sprouted their tap so fast during the soaking and papertowel part of germination I was wondering about where they were into growth since they daunt yet sprouted.. I uncovered the little soil I lightly placed over the plug holes and noticed that the UK had about tripled its length but was upside down.. It took a while to get it out slowly and easy enough not to damage it, but I flipped it and slid it back in.. I think this may have happened because the insert holes to the plugs are quite larger than the sseed. And since I don't have soil besides the organics which has a ton of shredded tree barks and the fertilized sphagnum I chose to try and use the degree of the organics to lightly pack around the seed after I placed it.. This probably gave room for it to move while the tap was still small in size.. The foots of good color and still intact.. The Amnesia Bilbo however was still only slightly larger in size from when I planted it.. Although the color of the root looms good not to sure why this might be other than maybe strain and circumstance.. Idk it was also half way flipped.. I guess we will have to see . and given their size I definitely don't want to chance being curios for another look at any later date.. I guess its holding out till they sprout or don't now.. Hopefully the UK is only days where as the Bilbo may be a little while yet.. If at all.. Which I hope isn't the later..
Any ideas from anyone to maybe get it to show a little more vigor would be appreciated. .

1st rounds of Bilbo and AK went sour..
Put them back into baggies with peroxide watered to, hopefully this can bring them back. But im not holding my breath, lol..
Starting a 2nd round of seed just in case. I plan on letting them germinate a few days longer hopefully this will help..

Well back in soil this morning.. These 2 seeds were very different from the last 2. I did basically the same procedure as I did last time. Except this time when I first put the seeds in water to soak over night till they were heavily saturated enough to start sinking they sprouted in the cup of water.. When I put them in the top to sit in a moist environment for a few days they grew their tap faster.. I think when I had them in the cup of water I let them sit about 12 hrs the first give or take this time over night I had the seed crack and sprout.. In the tp I can't remember time but I remembered about 2 days.. Now they are twice as long in tap growth and I believe the AK actually had a little coloration I had no choice this time but to transfer to a plug.. I over saturated the soil that I used from my last plugs to help drain any more of the notes in the mirical grow peat and put the new plugs in this morning right before this MSG.. I guess we will see.. Ohhh this time I cut the plugs down one side so that I could open them and place the seeds inside in place so to kinda side step the last time experience of seed rotation. So this time I shouldn't have that problem I guess we will see what happens over the next week but these are showing sign of really wanting to grow.. Lol, maybe ill have my plant plans yet

So, sitting back watching the grass grow tonight... Literally Lmao. Got my temp humidity meter on the table and im boiling water since I don't have a humidifier yet.. Temps are fluctuating between 76° and my humidity is going between 36 and 50.. My AK is coming out to play.. Have actually seen it shift twice while the seeds pushing up the tension pops pulling the seed casing off 2 the side.. Its doing great for now. My Bilbo strain has a little less than half the tap root size when I planted them in the plugs this morning so I have it down in the plug still. I have pulled to walls of the plug back a little so I cab see the seed and so I cab tell if theirs any movements nothing I cab see yet but hopes are high for now..

So I guess its almost official.. Im not a seedling killer.. Lol.. Both of the babies are up and working on their tri leaves.. Their on 24 hour light till next Tuesday maybe Wednesday then I'll go to a 18/6.. As long as nothing goes wrong or something changes or comes in ill just give updates about every week or so..

So I've went and looked at the girls this morning one of them has their leaves raised up and the other doesn't. I don't know if its because its trying to pull more light or if their is something else going on. The temp in their is at 78 but from what I've understood so far the first few weeks they like it around that temp.. Humidity is about 60 which again in the first few weeks is something that they thrive best in. Another thing is the bilbo is a lighter green with more of a slender pointier leaf and the AK is darker with broader leaves. Maybe they are favoring more on the saliva indica sides so maybe they have different traits when it comes to needs of environment. Hopefully someone knows I need some help here to figure this out so I can do something to help if needed

Moved my light down from 18 inches from the tops to about 12 inches from the tops.. I did this about 6 hours ago and now both of my plants are 45'ing.. Oh yeah found out that was a good thing and I was just over reacting this morning because I'm so worried about doing this right.. Lolany ways add more later

Ya actually I am thinking so.. I was worried again last night because I left for like 5 hours after I changed the lights spacing.. And then I came home the leaves looked better and both still pointed up.. But I was kinda questioning if they were still to close and what might happen if I left her their but even this morning their alto larger in leaf size and starting a new set of leaves again.. One thing I have noticed with the lighting that's way different at this spacing is.. If you look at the pics I took yesterday to describe what I was looking to get answers for when I first noticed them in a 45, the whole rooms pink.. Once I lowered the light I wasn't really looking for this height although 12 inches is an easy guess if trying to keep a system of height spacing.. I saw the light, like literally... When I dropped the light to that height the light intensified I guess would be best and turned a hell of a lot more like a white light.. Now theirs still obviously an LED weird lighting effect but totally different type of area now.. Ill take another in just a sec for anyone to compare.. I mean now its literally getting white light.. But maybe to close? Hoping I don't start getting light burn or upwards cupping any other possibility. Let me know what to look for in an advance situation so I know if you cab plz..

K so today's few changes..
Introduced the girls to the fan and they seem to be doing great.. I turned on the fan and they blew right over breaking at the stem and I was all like mother fu***r your my first 2 strains so your going to have to tuffen up quicker than that..
Lol, Na I got the fan maybe 3'1/2 ft away on low and oscillating they blow pretty good but nothing that is gonna do harm..
2) hung up my tarp 2nd tarp for a partition into the room so later it'll keep light out better, holds in humidity easier and longer by making a smaller area, and if I decide to follow through with the colloidal silver and making some of my ladies semi cross gender to fem breed then I can come in change into clothing for the room while doing the pollen collecting and then can change again without bringing "contaminating" clothing anywhere else in the grow rooms.
3rd) I've noticed the last 2 days when I had time to come home and spritz my girls before heading off to abotger family Christmas get together that having the baggies over them with added water for humidity has kinda helped them. Not necessarily a lot but it has this morning they had barely showed their 2nd set of true leaves (from what I understand this set will be the trio's and then its off to branch producing nodes) tonight these are now a little longer than 1/2" & everything is still looking great from what I'm told is great.. Lmao so I'm guessing that the humidity that's provided under the baggies which I hear left alone can climb to over 80 and even up to 90 is actually better situations than the 60 ice been trying to maintain.. So I've decided to try to maintain around at least 55-75 now instead of 45-60.. I try to keep it as close to sixty I know the lower isn't best for this stage but running boiling water back and forth all day long is a job on its own and I like the free air better than just covering it with a baggy.. But I do also do the baggy thing every night when sleeping..
Next Tuesday I will most likely go to 21/3 light and a week after the norm 18/6..
Also I got all the money needed for my later veg notes and will be getting them as soon as I get the money onto NY card along with some new White Widow seeds.. Starting them as soon as they land here.
Anyway Merry Christmas yall and have a good New Year's

So I decided that I am going to wait just a little longer on cutting the light cycle down.. I know 24/7 isn't normal for any plant on earth and all the stuff behind it but in this situation I need the benefit of not stretching during dark hours for now, especially with my Bilbo strain.. If I am going to build the 32 cola structure I need the majority of the multipyibg from as short as possible so that when the light cycle does switch and the inevitable stretch during the first few weeks into flower I don't have this part of the structure taking up more room than cab possibly be avoided. Sure its going to take time and sure its still going to eventually probably stretch more that I anticipated but it will ve a little more manageable if I start trying to control this now than later..
Also I didn't end up getting my 3rd strain yet.. Decided to go with a better way of upkeep and get more equipment.. A humidifier, in tired of walking boiling water back and forth and it'll better keep a constant humidity and totatotalfor the room and that's alot more beneficial than adding more numbers to the equation that would still ve hard to manage..
So I guess in just waiting for the transplant day now.
Happy early be years to everyone and I'll be back to add when I transplant or need to log more info or changes

FUX ME MANNNN... Today's been crazy another grower with another site told me to look into the bottoms of my solo's and and see if roots were coming out yet.. So I ended up transplanting tonight when I thought I have about another week or so.. My girls were ok till tonight they started taking on a light lime green yellowy color.. Then when I transplanted them a portion of the bottom of my AK fell out and ripped srme roots.. But they are in the new soil.. So far now signs of shock drooping although I now its unavoidable at some level ad may end up being I loose the Ak. But they seem to be ok.. I added brown sugar and reg sugar to some boiling water and let it cool then poured it in to hopefully help with any shock.. New soil mix Happy Frog/ FFOF/ hi porosity Mycorrhizae & some more of the JustNatural Organics. They've been in the dirt for about 3 1/2 hrs now and in the morning im getting a new light and trying to find some Root Stimulator to apply.. Idk pretty worried but it is what it is i guess.

Hey hey do u have any pics? My girl in flower atm if u want a nosey good luck with ur grow

Ya sure do miss Fiona.. I thought I already loaded them on here but I guess I forgot.. Give me a sec and ill try to get them.. Do you know how to just put them on here instead of going through the gallery by chance

I added them to the gallery and they are in my photo's it all started today when I noticed they all the sudden had a yellowy lime green color to them.. Then it was the roots. Then the transplant thing.. Not the strain that didnt go thru the ringer is drooping and yellowy. Idk I just feel like everything has all the sudden went totally bad

Back
Top Bottom