Starting week 5 of flower and small buds - Why?

Fashionpower

So today will be the 5th weeks starting flowering l, but I feel like my buds are undersized. I have topped my plant in veg and now am flowering I have cut some of the fan leaves and lower branches to help get bigger buds, my plant looks thin but I do have some good buds. What is my issue are my buds going to get way bigger. I use tree frog soil the strain is Cindy 99 I am using a 125 watt CFL warm light with 7,300 lumens and I am using botanicare pure blend pro bloom soil formula also with trepinator for nutrients please help let me know what issues I may have. Pics to follow shortly

image36727.jpg

View image in gallery

Well, you are under a mite attack. Those spots on your leaves are a dead give away. Your buds are small due to damaged leaf mass. Spray your plants to kill the mites.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Thanks I thought you can't spray when you are in flower also I treated my plant in veg for mites and it got rid of them it could be just a camera issue but if not how can I treat a plant for mites during flowering? Also I did trim fan leaves so my buds could get more light so that is why it looks thin also... And my plant really doesn't smell that much right now it did but now not really

Same way, SNS 218, liquid ladybug. Both work in flower. But it could be old damage. If so, leaf mass loss is causing small flowers.

Cheers

Ok if it is mites would neem oil be a bad treatment this late with flowering buds and I am guessing there is no way to reverse leaf mass...

Neem won't kill them or eggs if there are any, I've used both products above farther along then you with no I'll effects on smoke. Once leafs are punctured by mites they loose their vacuum seal and are unable to perform any fluid transportation, which is very bad. This is how mites take down grows. I'd cut my losses now instead of waiting another 3 weeks to see if your plants finish.

Cheers

My oh is around 6 to 6.5 I test each batch of water before watering and when mixing it. I don't think my PH is to out of wack. I don't see any reason The ph is out of wack. As far as I can see I do not have any mites on there at all it must be old damage. I have checked the tops and bottom of leaves and do not see any mites with my magnifying glass. Love the input from everyone if anyone has more advice to get a better harvest on this plant it would be appreciated

That sucks, if your leaves dry up and go crispy it's because they overheated trying to pull water up its stalk. At that point it's debatable whether they will finish. If this happens in veg, cull all bad leaves and grow new ones to take into flower.

Cheers

So for sure there are no mites I have checked under the leaves and on them with my magnifying glass. So I guess that is a good thing. Why should I cut down now and not finish shouldn't I be able to get more if I wait longer I was told that this light would be plenty for one plant. How often should it be watered in flower my soul is still damp when I stick my finger in it but I don't want to overwater it either

It seemed only some of the leaves are drying up becoming crispy most of the fan leaves are good except the tips are a little crispy, some of the sugar leaves around the buds seem dry but not all of them just a few

Most of my leaves are good a couple fan leaves tips are drying up a little and some sugar leaves around the bud are dry but not all just super little ones.

Do want you want. If you need meds then try and finish your plants. It could work and you could harvest or plants could die.

Back
Top Bottom