Starting winter grow in Sept.?

fatbottoms

I just planted (middle of Sept.) some very old seeds (I believe they're indica) I had just to see if they would sprout up and after about a week, a couple of them came up.

My question is regarding growing during the winter months.

Can you start this late (late Sept.) and have the plants survive through winter?

The plants are just seedling right now, being only about 4-6 inches tall, but are growing.

I am in Colorado Springs, Co. where the winters can get pretty cold...right now it's 60's during the day and drops down to 40's overnight...it'll soon be going down to 30's and gets in the teens to lower single digits during the coldest winter months.

Will these plants survive through the winter, if I leave them outside?

Should I bring them inside into a heated room overnight so they don't freeze and take them out during the day?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks

If they sprouted and have been growing outside, its fine to take them out on sun shiney days. But criters live outside. Good ones and bad.
I would recomend that for now, you take her inside any time the temp is 50f or below. Which means you may want to read this link:
How to grow MJ
How much light for vegging plant
Light Cycles

Soil temp is still high Im sure soI wouldnt sprint out there tonight. Just prepare in the next week to repot in my opinion. :)

If they sprouted and have been growing outside, its fine to take them out on sun shiney days. But criters live outside. Good ones and bad.
I would recomend that for now, you take her inside any time the temp is 50f or below. Which means you may want to read this link:
How to grow MJ
How much light for vegging plant
Light Cycles

Soil temp is still high Im sure soI wouldnt sprint out there tonight. Just prepare in the next week to repot in my opinion. :)

Yes, I think I'll be bringing them in when the temp dips below 40 at night.

We had a few cold nights in the 30's last week, and one of the seedlings was drooping bad, but perked back up once it got some sun the next day.

While this isn't my first time growing, it's been over 30 years since I've grown back in my college days.

Man, how things have changed...40 oz's, dirt weed, wohawkin', but to this day, I've yet to see better bud than my college roommates skunk bud in the early 80's...trichomes so huge and sticky, once you touched it, it stuck to your fingers like a booger, impossible flick off.

Thanks for replying.

Yeah I started mine in late July early august. Mine are flowering now but I don't think I'll be able to let my girls fully finish just because the temps are starting to drop. Mid 60's during the day and low 50's sometimes high 40's a night or two a week. The only good thing about the colder temps that I have noticed are less bugs And the girls are turning purple/pink.

image4624.jpg
image4747.jpg
image4623.jpg
image4771.jpg
image4779.jpg
image4780.jpg

I'm definitely going to have to chop early. But hey man good luck and if you start a grow journal I'll be checking in on your grow!

Later!

Well..... Normally they would die very quick. But as suggested it would probably work if you brought them inside when it hits below 40f.

If there still small ass seedlings what I would "try" is cut a two liter bottle at its bottom and put that clear bottle on top of the seedling. This will act as a greenhouse giving it more temp in the day and help insulate it at night. You can take the cap off and on for fresh air. Just an idea lol.

Or.... Buy a metal halide HID an bring em inside.

tbh with you bro I wouldn't even attempt an outdoor grow ,, it's way to cold and it's gonna get worse. Dude it gets dark at like 6pm there's no wayyyy

Back
Top Bottom