Stasis Experiment - Keeping Cuttings Alive in the Fridge

Stumped

I decided to conduct an expirment on keeping cuttings in stasis state. And how long they can be kept at this state.

Recently I was reading on an article that spoke about this procedure, was mostly data and theory's. Not much actual public testing with results. I figured it was an easy expirment to conduct so I would give it a try.

Stasis has many meanings, but the term is just used to describe what's happening to the plants current state. Basically pauses growth and decay from working against each other. And plants can be kept like this for long periods of time.

I never start a thread with pics for so e reason lol.
I cut branches last night to conduct this expirement. Once a week I'll be taking clones from the fridge and trying to root them. Untill I run out of cuttings, or the excitement fails.

4 cuttings are in ziplock storage containers, 4 in zip lock bags. I'll be opening the containers 2 times a week to let them breathe. Each branch is good for 2-6 clones.

I will update weekly with pictures of cuttings, and the state of clones cut from the fridge.

Good luck

these cuttings were taken on the 8th. it is now the 12th.
still perky.
IMG_76231.JPG
IMG_76293.JPG
IMG_76332.JPG

Back
Top Bottom