States' Rules On Cannabis Sales - Is It A Secret?

Mu7B97Tx

420 Member
I am having no success in locating online a list/map of U.S. states that allow for the sale of, as an example, a 1:25 THC/CBD tincture to anyone 21 and over. And then, in those states, what the requirements are for doing so (medical card? driver's license? Neither? Something else?). Is that information hidden away in some dark, uninviting corner of the internet? It is a secret?

Anyone?

Rules vary by the States and change rather quickly, if you going to a specific one I would check out the rules off their State site for whoever handles that (here Rec is Liquor Control folks and Med is a different group that controls that). So anywhere that lists out rules for all the States may or may not be up to date so to speak (as both Rec and Med legal here and the rules change every other week ;)....well ok not that bad but they have multiple times each year since Rec went legal). For Med I think most States require a Med card from that State, a few may accept one from another State but many/most do not I think (I know OR and WA don't allow them from elsewhere). If it has THC (and some places even the CBD not allowed) and until Fed Regs change you can't cross State lines with it technically as its a Federal offense. As even going from one legal State to another legal State is illegal, like from here in OR to WA or now CA and NV also as they both legal now, as WA went legal first and folks would do the cross the border thing like with Fireworks but a risk getting caught.

Thank you.

Maybe I should provide details as to what it is I really want.

All I want to be able to do is purchase a cannabis tincture (say 1:25 THC:CBD) for my child who has both autism and epilepsy (I know...sureeeeeeeeee you do). And I want to be able to purchase it just as I would if the product was alcohol, or groceries or lottery tickets or whatever: no ID, no medical card, no doctor's prescription...nothing. Just walk in (or order online) and make a purchase.

And yes, I've tried straight CBD oil (Charlotte's Web) a couple of years ago; did not notice any improvement.

So, yeah...that's my situation.

Thanks.

Where do you live (not exactly but area like California)?

I live in California where both Medical and Recreational are legal. I live in Northern California and have at least dispensaries that I can either walk into and buy or a number of dispensaries that deliver to my door within 30 minutes.

I checked one of my dispensaries and they have a 24:1 (CBD:THC) Tincture by a company called Wonder Products - To me it looks expensive as it is $52 per bottle that looks to be 1 ounce

Have you considered growing your own?

Hello, and thanks.

I've visited many online vendors of such a product. (I had no idea how many there are.) No doubt many are available that would be appropriate.

I do not live in a "friendly" locale, hence my many questions. Actually, I have considered growing it myself. My living arrangement is such that I am afforded an immense amount of both isolation and privacy, and, in fact, already have a greenhouse. But, considering the unfriendliness of my locale, getting the plant would, I think, be exceedingly difficult. Additionally, I've never done it and so would need a lot of mentoring. Overall, I think, at least for the foreseeable future, growing myself is extremely unlikely.

Besides, I want to ensure my child gets a high-quality, tested and consistent product...day after day after day. (I'm not sure how long it would take me to be able to provide that level of consistency on my own, if ever.)

I actually have contacts in California, but I'm very reticent to involve them. But I think any transaction could be constructed in such a way that they would have plausible deniability. Still mulling over that whole thing.

SIGH

On a philosophical note, I am so angry that alcohol, unquestionably more deadly to both property and life, gets a "PASS" while cannabis gets vilified. Last time I checked, alcohol had very little in the way of medicinal value...I mean, not like stopping seizures.

I understand where you are coming from. It is really nice now that Marijuana is legal in California. To be honest I haven't been in a dispensary since legalization went into effect on January 1. My first visit to a Medical Marijuana dispensary was really an eye opener. I was expecting a sleazy place full of stoners. The dispensary looked like a fine jewelry store and the staff was both knowledgeable but friendly and willing to spend time with you while you make choices. The clientele were probably 80% over 60 and the biggest selling items were edibles and tinctures.

If you were to decide to have a friend in a legal state send you a "care" package, you would probably have no problems. Almost all the seeds purchased in the US are mailed either from Canada, UK or Spain. My understanding is that if a shipment is stopped in US Customs - usually New York, they are either returned to sender or confiscated and disposed of. I've probably had 6 seed orders in the past year come through with no problem.

Is there a state nearby within driving distance to you that has either legalized or medical? Medical cards are easy to obtain in most locations and can often be done over the internet without even a face to face meeting with the doctor.

There are nearby locations that would probably work. But, and I know this seems trite compared to my child's seizures and autism, but I have no intention of endorsing the idea that the Feds have the right to determine who gets to use this stuff. After all, it's a FRIGGIN PLANT. And so, my child's blood is on their hands.

With these California-based contacts, I'll just have to feel things out. And I do appreciate your comments about mailing, as this is one of my biggest concerns. Frankly, however, if law enforcement did intercept the package and charge me, I'd be happy to see how the judge would do caring for my child.

Idiots.

Understand where your coming from. My daughter had a bone marrow transplant and coded. When they resuscitated her she suffered some minor brain damage which causes her to have seizures. That was 10 years ago and she is doing good but would like to get her off her anti-seizure meds. I'm growing some White Widow CBD on my next run and will play around with it.

I make tinctures which I use to treat insomnia and each batch I have to play around with the dosage until I get it right. I know that my sweet spot is about 9 mg so I concentrate it down where I dose with 1/2 ml. At that dosage I don't get high from plain THC but if I go over that I get a euphoric high that prevents me from sleeping.

If you have a state nearby that the product is legal I think I would take a day trip and stock up on it. There was a father a couple weeks ago on 60 minutes that drives to Denver a couple times a year to get the CBC he needs for his child with seizure disorders.

"If you have a state nearby that the product is legal I think I would take a day trip and stock up on it."

Here's the thing, which goes back to my main point: define "legal," for me, that is. All I want is to be able to walk into a location and purchase the appropriate tincture; no muss, no fuss, no ID, no residency requirement, no medical card...just like everyday shopping. In which states is that allowed? I cannot seem to come up with that answer. Either that or I'm just not understanding what people are telling me....

I understand where you are coming from but afraid your setting yourself up for failure. To my knowledge there is no definitive guide that will lead you to an answer.

Most states, including California, Washington and Oregon have legal recreational marijuana but it is left to each county as to whether they allow retail sales. Many states also have a distinction of Residence and Non-Residence purchasing limits and to my knowledge all require you to show ID when entering. All of my local dispensaries require you to register the first time you visit (for free) and require Government Issued ID to prove you are over 18 or 21 even if you are in your 60's

In California you can buy 1 ounce of Product for recreational but if you have a Medical MJ Card you can purchase up to 8 ounces. Each county also can regulate whether they allow Medical / Recreational either or both. Regulations are not even consistent County by County it is often controlled by the City or Local authority. The town I live in prohibits the sale of marijuana and also prohibits smoking both Tobacco and Grass, inside any residence connected to another residence including condos, apartments, duplex's etc.

One would think with all the oversight, rules-making, outlandish punishment and vilification by government regarding cannabis that it must be the worst thing to hit the planet.

I'd love to have these folks be around my kid with the seizures and autism. Pretty easy for them to "talk tough" when they don't have to deal with the reality they help propagate.

Sorry, but I'm sick to death of all of this.

Back
Top Bottom