Stealing all the light

bluemode

I now have six plants together. They are under a 400 wt HPS. One of the plants is growing faster than all the others. it is about 6-8 inches above the others. Is there anything I can do to even out the grow? I dont want to keep raising the light for one girl while the others dont get enough light. Please let me know what to do.

Bluemode...

Bend the taller top until it is parallel to the ground. This will stall upward growth and give the others time to catch up. When the shorter plants have caught up, remove the ties so the plant again grows up. Topping the plant is not advised, although it could also be done to limit height. I have used a couple of pipe cleaners twisted together to secure tops horizontally.

Well, I don't know how to top off a plant. I read how just not sure thats the way to go. So I guess I do know how but am afraid to do it.

I tried to pull the plant to paralell and it felt like it would snap or worse yet it feels like the roots would pull right out of the ground.

What I did do is raise the light and the other two pails with encyclopedia books. They look perfect. If that one plant remains to grow faster than the rest I will resort to topping it.

Bluemode...

Does anyone know of a favorite thread or url that will give me step by step topping?

Bluemode...

Put the shorter plants on top of a dictionary. Bring their leaves to the level of the show-off.

Well, I don't know how to top off a plant. I read how just not sure thats the way to go. So I guess I do know how but am afraid to do it.

I tried to pull the plant to paralell and it felt like it would snap or worse yet it feels like the roots would pull right out of the ground.

What I did do is raise the light and the other two pails with encyclopedia books. They look perfect. If that one plant remains to grow faster than the rest I will resort to topping it.

Bluemode...

You do this by bending over a period of a week or so. By bending it slow like that, the plant will slow growth to the top to rid itself of the tesion and eventually you will be horizontal with no pressure.:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom