Stealth box premade online - Advice needed

Costly.
Small.
Not really big enough for 3 plants IMO.
Plants will max out in height unless trained. When trained there's really no room for 3 IMO.

I personally wouldn't pay much more than 50 pounds for that box due to size and limitations.

I would give this a read and look into all your options first: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

I'd agree with everything these fine members have said. The box is small, and quite expensive for what you get. It really depends on how handy you are, and how much time you're willing to put into it, but you can still do it pretty easily. You might also consider a tent, if that fits your needs. Many members here seem to use them.

Tents are a great option, if the space is available.

After a tent, my next choices would be something like an armoire, utility cabinet (come in tall and short versions) and would all do the same things as that grow box, for less money.

It's easy all in one package, but as jojo said above, if you're handy (basic handy skills are all that's really needed), then you can save a lot of cash, and use the saved $ to buy more seeds, nutrients, maybe a nice LED or HID light, a better fan/filter, etc..

Sounds like building my own is back on the agenda then. I'm happy with all the advice given here and I appreciate it all.

Question though - Do HID's not use a substantial amount more in electricity?

They basically use the wattage that the bulb is rated at, plus a little more for the ballast. And you'll need a good fan to keep things cool. If you use an HID in a cabinet, you'll want a cool tube to reduce heat buildup.

LEDs and HIDs are great, but you'll want a taller cabinet for those. If you want a shorter cabinet, CFLs, T5 or T8 are the way to go. LED and HID are intense lighting sources, and require some space between the light and the plant. LEDs typically need to be 18-24" away from the plant, which is about 45-60cm. And HIDs are in a similar range.

I've heard good things about these, though the prices are a bit steep:

Grow Boxes & Indoor Hydroponic Grow Systems | BCNL

I'd recommend just getting a tent, a good ballast, and whatever else you decide you need, and putting your own thing together. The basics will be:
  • tent
  • light/ballast
  • small fan
  • exhaust fan w/ carbon scrubber

If you go with a tent, make sure you measure the height of your grow area and make sure the tent isn't too high for that room. Some people just look at width and length when buying. I've heard of people getting tents that were too high and wouldn't fit. And make sure anything else you intend to use such as lights will fit inside whatever tent you buy.

Back
Top Bottom