Stealth Boxes/Turn Key Cabinents

GreenEydStonr

High everyone :bongrip:. I'm new to the forum and was looking for some information on any of the Sunlight Shed systems. I've been looking at one for awhile but was hoping for some opinions/reviews from people who've actually used them.

lol. I'm saving the money up but I'm just looking to see if they are worth it, and are all they sites make them out to be. And there are several different brands and for some reason the sunlight sheds just really appeal to me. Anyone with input?

I have a BC Northern Lights box.I bought it about 5 years ago when they first came out.It came with a 600w hps and only one 105 cfm fan for the flower side and one for the light enclosure.I mainly used it to get a couple outdoor grows ready.I tried a couple times to get a hydro grow but always had problems.To much heat,problems with the pumps and my job kept me on the road for days at a time.So it went into storage.I just started using again.I changed ballast out and now run a 400w hps, just like the newer models.I removed the flower fan and install it in the light camber, again like the newer models.I hooked up a 205 cfm can-fan for the flowering camber which is filtered in a carbonaire filter.I have no more heat or smell problems.I don't like the hydro set up.I will be going to organics my next grow.If HyrdoHuts or HomeBox was available at that time i would have bought one of those instead.:smokin:

Thanks, I think I would have the handyman skills, but could I honestly do a complete grow room for the price of one of the turn key cabinets? (around $2000) I've done a lot of searching on the board and have seen so many different set ups, I wouldn't even know where to start. This board has been great so far and I really love how helpful everyone is.

For 2k? Easy.

The most expensive parts are the 2 600w hps lights, the carbon filter, and the intake and exhaust fans. You would even have money left to but a good PH meter and light timer. (Unless these are all hydro systems, that's big bucks unless you make your own)

Build a frame out of 3/4 or 1" pvc. Buy a few tarps and zip ties, some mylar, and cut some holes for the venting and you are all set. Get some heavy duty duct and reflecting tape, some heavy duty Velcro for the door and a peek hole, and I think that's about it.

I am pretty sure I could do it for under a thousand, depending on the size I wanted, and of course I grow in soil, so i wouldn't need the hydro expense.

I have an extra room in my basement, about 8'tall x 8'wide x 6' long that I was thinking about. I've always assumed I would have to go hydro. I'll do some searching on here to see if I can find the pro's and cons of soil vs hydro.
Thanks again

Thanks Moose. I'm reading your grow now. If the only advantage is one week, but the cost of organic is a lot less I'll go that way. I'm going to read through this, and start getting ideas for the setup. Thanks Moose!

Ok I measured the room it's 10' x 12' x 8' high. It's an extra room in the basement. I'm thinking I want to set it up instead of buying a closet. I would love to hear some suggestions on getting this rolling, then I would love to start a grow journal I have a lot of bag seeds saved up but I want to do this right instead of killing off a lot before I get anything lol.

Might as well start with the floor.
I use roll plastic and drop clothes on my floors.
setup a box with trim lumber/1x1s
then lay the plastic over the frame.

walls next,
if you have that much space, a flower area and a veg area :cheesygrinsmiley:
I use emergency blankets on one side, 'cuz I'm cheap
and black/white cloth(cheap from the fabric store) on the other hang from the overhead to divide areas. Clothes pins to seal the seams.
You can nail a track of wood to tack these onto.
Paint the rest white.

Now measure the areas for Square feet(wattage and lumens reference)
or what ever y'all Use/count by :cheesygrinsmiley:
Cubic area for ventaltion reference.

Might as well start with the floor.
I use roll plastic and drop clothes on my floors.
setup a box with trim lumber/1x1s
then lay the plastic over the frame.

walls next,
if you have that much space, a flower area and a veg area :cheesygrinsmiley:
I use emergency blankets on one side, 'cuz I'm cheap
and black/white cloth(cheap from the fabric store) on the other hang from the overhead to divide areas. Clothes pins to seal the seams.
You can nail a track of wood to tack these onto.
Paint the rest white.

Now measure the areas for Square feet(wattage and lumens reference)
or what ever y'all Use/count by :cheesygrinsmiley:
Cubic area for ventaltion reference.

The area I'm going to use is going to be 6' x 6' flowering side will be 3' x 6', veg area will be 3' x 6', The room is 8' high.
Are those the area sizes you were referring to?

how do i post pictures? I have a couple pictures of my room before. I'm in the cleaning stage right now, It's dirty, the previous owner used to grow potatoes in this room.

Ok guys, pics are uploaded, i will post them here when they are appoved, should I start a new thread for this or a journal? I'm hoping to start from day one and go all the way through a grow.

Back
Top Bottom