Stealth Cabnet Lowryder #2 and apollo11xbagseed and bagseed

crabapple

Hi everyone, great site. I'm a longtime lurker who has used a bunch of info on here to build a grow cabnet. Its dimensions are 2'x4'x6.5' Has a 400w MH bulb in a cool tube with an inline cooling fan, and a shelf that is adjustable to hold the plants. Under the shelf is a humidifer and an oscilating fan to move air around in the cabnet. Here are some pictures for you to see.
The outside with light on:

Image0013.jpg

The inside plastic, it is white on one side, black on the other and blocks the light almost completely. The tube is to exhale co2 into the cabnet and about 16 or so exhalations raises the co2 to about 1500ppm

Image0022.jpg

The plants all lowryder #2 in this pic on 10/03

Image0031.jpg

and now some with the a11xbag and bag, the a11 is in the 4 closest square pots, and the bagseed is in the 2 behind those, the rest are lowryder #2 in various stages of growth.

Image0051.jpg

now on 10/10 the missing plant was a male lowryder #2
Note for the first pic, the two on the far left have been swaped.

Image0073.jpg

Image0091.jpg

Image0111.JPG

And now a closeup of the lowryder #2 almost ready to harvest, just a couple of days

Image008.jpg

Well thats it, i just wanted to show you all how i was doing from your teachings, feel free to ask any questions

Thats really cool. And no worrying about time cycles because it's Lowryder. You can just keep growing and starting new plants as you harvest others. Great idea!

The tiny one was harvested, it was about 4-5 inches tall and was a little premature, only produced like a gram or so, but it was a decent head stone. The next one up is looking fatter every day, and is about 10 inches tall. There are a couple that are close to two feet and well into budding and another which is about a foot and starting to bud, some others are about 6 inches and just showing sex, one shorty is looking like a herm.

the a11xbag and bag are being LSTed with 2 of the a11xbag fimmed. it is turning into a jungle and one male has been removed. I will post pics later this week.

I also wanted to add The square pots contain a 50/50 mix of vermiculite and foxfarm organic soil, they hold water really well but need to be wattered from the bottom as watering from the top causes the soil to move around ALOT. But they seem to be doing just fine in this mixture

Thats quite a risk. Is it worth losing your girl and mothers trust for a few 2 gram nugs?

Hi guys, sorry for the absence. I have been busy. I lost my usb drive so i have no pics for you today.

Supergreen: DO NOT GROW, Your situation is extremely risky, why risk all that for some small nugs. And by the way, that small one was the runt. The tallest one was about two feet tall. And even a small amount of bud will smell. It is obviously illegal for you to grow so why risk it. I am a medicinal patient in a state where it is legal.

Silent Smoke: It was a little premature, but the hairs were all red and trichs were almost all cloudy. Like i just said the tallest one was around 2-2.5 feet tall and was LST'ed.

About lowryder 2: The plants range anywhere from 4 inches to 30 something, AVERAGE hight as listed on the package is 16inches. There are two distinct phenotypes which i have noticed with this second generation. One is a very crystally bud with few but large caylexs, this has a citrus smell to it and nice taste with good high. The other is similar but has much fewer crystals and has a ton of pistols, thus caylexs. It has similar smell and taste, but a lower high. I believe this to be a recesive phenotype as it appered less frequently then the other, but these second generation seeds were from some heavily seeded plants which died a premature death due to a falling light, which was found before any fire started. I am not sure what kind of herb each plant would have produced and i'm not sure which seeds are from which plants. It works fine for my back pain, but it doesn't seem to ripen very well. I let a few plants go untill they were begining to die, leaves turning yellow and all the green leaving them. There was some purple in one leaf of one plant.

My opinion: This might be a good strain to include in grow cylces to improve yield over time. However the yields of my plants were small, 14 or so grams from three plants. I am still undecided on weather or not it is worth it to grow.

The apollo 11x with bagseed and bagseed are now in flowering and have been for maybe 14 days. I have 4 femals and they have been transplanted to large pots. I will post pics as soon as i find my drive.

Looking forward to seeing some updated pics of your Lowryder 2's. How much dried herb do you expect from each plant?

How are you keeping the smell down? I keep several candles and other air fresheners going in my house because of the strong smell of my lowryder. I don't know how you could keep it secret from people living in the same house.

Well after discovering the smell was an issue i bought a carbon filter. works great. I'm also using an ionic breeze to help get rid of the smell from my smoke more quickly. The carbon filter works great, when i took one of the big plants out, not lr, it quickly made the house stink. but there is no noticable smell normally. I am worried though because when i grew a11 last it stunk up a much bigger house, but there were twice as many and bigger plants. The stalks are starting to fall over though, i need to stake them or tie them together or something soon.

My total dry weight from all the lowryders was probably about 1.5 ounces, yields were probably diminished by several factors:
using a metal halide instead of hps
small pot size due to restrictions of the cabnet and overcrowding the plants some
slightly high temperature 79 deg
low humidity 20%

The smoke from the LR2's was very nice and after drying the last three seperatly i can tell you they have three smells and flavors. one very piny, one very musky, and one very citrus like. My friends agree that it is some of the best smoke around.

Also, i have not bought pot for atleast a month now :Rasta:

I will take some pictures of the big ones soon, i've just been busy with other stuff lately. I've also switched over to a hps bulb now that i only have flowering plants in the cabnet.

ok boys and girls, i'm back after a hiatus from posting.

The apollo11xbagseed and bagseed plants have been choped, dried and put in jars for curing. It took about 8 of the larger ball jars, quart i think to hold it all. It looks pretty good, except i started flushing too early and ran into a nitrogen defiency in two plants, the two largest. One was pretty bad and has brown and yellow leaves in the buds; but the other one is almost unnoticable. I should have added some fertilizer upon first signs of yellowing to give it a boost to finish off, but i thought they would be finished two weeks earlier. The smaller ones had quite a bit of purple shading in them, unfortunatly i doubt i will be able to take a photograph that turns out well enough to see the purple. If I do get a shot of purple it most likely won't be for a few weeks as I want to let it cure some to help bring out the color and trichomes. The buds of the smaller plants while the larger plants produced fluffier buds. Largest bud weighed in at about 8 grams. Overall I am very happy with this harvest and I will post some pictures from recent weeks and the final harvest. I will now be closing up shop for the time being, and my next grow will be a hydroponic lowryder #2 seed harvest, I have 4 more seeds from the original ten and a buddy is currently growing out 8 second generation lowryder#2's, I have pics of these too.

Hope all is hempy in your neck of the woods, thanks for all the props from everyone here. Also I would like to thank everyone who has grown before me on this site who has contributed their knowledge to the archives of this great e-zine.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom