Stealth Deep Water Culture Grow Journal HPS 150w + 4 23w CFLS Closet

junmr2

hey what sup everyone .. first off i will like to thank all the help provided by all the Deep Water Culture here thanks!!!! (Special thanks to roseman for his tutorial):bravo:

here is my spec :
Location - closet
system - stealth Deep Water Culture starter kit
lights - sun system hps 150w plus 4 23 w cfl 2 5000k & 2 2700k
nutes - Regular GH 3 stages nutes
digital temp meters/ and aquarium meter for inside the tank
2 3w airpumps and 2 x 12inch airstones
2 bagseed from some good kush

day 1st

got 3 seeds germinating (growing 2 plants , got 3 seeds germinating incase 1 is dull or sumthing )

seedling19.jpg

soaking my airstones and rockwool cubes in some low ph water

airstone_and_rockwool.jpg

Outside of my grow room

DSCF3979.JPG

my Deep Water Culture setup (on the right side of the closet )

Deep Water Culture_setup.jpg

Left Side of the closet ( here is where my airpumps and bottom fan is at , airpumps are light block so they should be running cool air )

my_pumps_and_bottom_fan.jpg

Here is a top view of how my setup look

top_view_of_inside.jpg

since im running the hps 150w .. the room temp with no lights on is 66f .. with just the hps 150w on temps go to 81f .. idk but for sum reason i feel like thats to hot .. anyways should i make a 4 inch hole and position a fan to exhaust out from this hole ? ..does it sound like a good idea ? ..

051310235724.jpg

or what fan would be good ?im kinda on a budget right now ..thanks for the help in the future :bong:

Hey man, looks like you've been doing some reading, good work, good setup.

As to the heat and venting, 81 is okay, but I think you'll have fewer problems with lower temps. A 4" inline fan is pretty economical. Though you might try a cmputer fan, that may be adequate.

Have you sprayed you space for bugs? Orthe Home Defense is a personal favorite.

Good luck, you've got a good start on this project. I'll be checking in.

Whats on the other side of that wall?

Hey man, looks like you've been doing some reading, good work, good setup.

As to the heat and venting, 81 is okay, but I think you'll have fewer problems with lower temps. A 4" inline fan is pretty economical. Though you might try a cmputer fan, that may be adequate.

Have you sprayed you space for bugs? Orthe Home Defense is a personal favorite.

Good luck, you've got a good start on this project. I'll be checking in.

i know what you mean and no i didnt get to get the home defense BUT i wash the walls with clorox mix with water then rinse em and use windex to shine em (ghetto i know lol)

Whats on the other side of that wall?

on the other side is the hall way to my back yard here is a picture

051410012843.jpg

anyways if this grow goes well i was gonna upgrade to a 400 hps/mh so i know ima get cool air in if i just make a hole and use it as a passion intake .. understand what im trying to say? not trying to get ahead of myself just throwing my ideas out lol

I was just curious as to what sort of cosmetic work you were going to do and where the extracted air would be vented to.

I was just curious as to what sort of cosmetic work you were going to do and where the extracted air would be vented to.

oh well i was just gonna make one exhaust and then just make holes with passive air coming in (basically just gonna make holes and air would come in because there is a exhaust in the room .. hope it made sense ..

learn from my mistakes, please.. if you are thinking that the room is getting hot and you need a vent, do it as soon as you can. I waited to add an extra vent and it was a major pain in the ass. you dont want to have to do any work on the grow area after your plants are in there.. also keep in mind that if you do decide to use a M/H the heat is going to skyrocket on you.. im running a 1000watt system with the M/H to veg. and 1000watt HPS for flower. I switched to flower 2 days ago and the room temp has dropped alot..plan for heat, I found its alot easier to warm your room than it is to cool it after you start a grow.

learn from my mistakes, please.. if you are thinking that the room is getting hot and you need a vent, do it as soon as you can. I waited to add an extra vent and it was a major pain in the ass. you dont want to have to do any work on the grow area after your plants are in there.. also keep in mind that if you do decide to use a M/H the heat is going to skyrocket on you.. im running a 1000watt system with the M/H to veg. and 1000watt HPS for flower. I switched to flower 2 days ago and the room temp has dropped alot..plan for heat, I found its alot easier to warm your room than it is to cool it after you start a grow.

yea im about to do it tomorrow ..you are right because if its 66f with no lights and it gets to 81f in lessing then 15 mins!, i can just imagine how it would be 24 hrs a day ..lol .. i would have pics up of the hole when i make .. and as the 400 hps i was gonna make a cool tube and also direct the air out as you can see from above my hall way picture and have like 3 passive intakes (thats only if i upgrade to it )

I'd look more closely at your lights. It's a fine setup for flower but you don't have much power in the 5k and above spectrum for veg. You might want to let that HPS handle the 2700k spectrum and get a couple more 5k or above cfl's for veg. You can use those 2700k cfl's for side lights later.

I'd look more closely at your lights. It's a fine setup for flower but you don't have much power in the 5k and above spectrum for veg. You might want to let that HPS handle the 2700k spectrum and get a couple more 5k or above cfl's for veg. You can use those 2700k cfl's for side lights later.

i know.. but that doesnt mean it shouldnt grow ..lol and i will probably add more 5k cfls later on (kinda on a budget right now )

MC's right, you can use more above 5000k, but you're right too. Last grow I flowered with what are considered veg spectrum lights (most were 5000k) and the buds turned out great! There's lots of leeway there, when you can afford it make the investment, but until then have at it man, the sooner you start the sooner you chop!

thanks.. i will probably get a big 150w 5k cfl next week on mon ..and as soon i get everything going .. ill post up pics :thanks:

The only problem you will have is a little stretching to find the light. Not all that bad if you have the headroom. Helps it to be a bit open so you can add lights.

it is open i think i could add at least like 4 to 6 bulbs more .. i just gonna have to get sum strong cfls ..any one got a website where they got some for cheap?

I'd go with more lower wattage lamps, check it out, but you'll find that lamps over 85 or 100 watts begin to lose efficiency, the lower wattages give you more lumens per watt, more bang for the buck that is.

hmm .. this reminds me i got like 4 13w 5k cfl .. even though it is low probably would be a good idea to put em in there too
right?

ok cool ill get sum plugs for it in the weekend .. im still waiting on my neighbor for his drill ..=/

Back
Top Bottom