Stealth Deep Water Culture Grow Journal HPS 150w + 4 23w CFLS Closet

well i start with just 1/4 of nutes per gallon ... when i notice growth and the water is low than i add some micro and grow .. if theres no growth but water was a bit low , i add just ph water with a bit of h202 .. i just try to go with my common sense basically

Must be working, they look good.

I agree, looking good so far, just keep an eye on them. Remember, it's not a big deal if you are low on nutes, but too many and you burn them which is a problem, it will stunt the plants and set you behind.

Tread carefully when you don't really know what's in there, but I know you can grow on about half the nutes some people will tell you to use. And don't believe the people at the hydro store, they make lots of money on nutes so they want you to use a lot of them. Most are a waste of money.

I agree, looking good so far, just keep an eye on them. Remember, it's not a big deal if you are low on nutes, but too many and you burn them which is a problem, it will stunt the plants and set you behind.

Tread carefully when you don't really know what's in there, but I know you can grow on about half the nutes some people will tell you to use. And don't believe the people at the hydro store, they make lots of money on nutes so they want you to use a lot of them. Most are a waste of money.

thanks ill make sure to remember this .. and if i go to a hydro store, i pretty much know what ima get but yea i tend not to listen to their opinion lol :smokin:

update- been like 17 days already of real veg , already put in filter water with rich nutes, and the plant is loving it ..
IMG_04774.JPG

btw my ph of my tap water was 5.6 - 5.7 and with the filter it went to 5.0 is that a good or bad thing ?

Too low for all the nutes to get absorbed. 5.5 is the minimum to avoid defiencies. See what it's like after a day. Sometimes it will just bounce low and then come back to the right range. Might want to spritz it with a little water. The raised leave parts and downward tip on the end of the leaf tells me it's thirsty. What's the humidity like in the room?

my humidity is 70% high and 43% low , got my ac on and sometime i refill the water in the humidity a lil late because i been busy .. my birthday is in 3 days so having a lil family get together .. and i just mist them .. can i drain one gallon and ph it and put it back in the tank ?

First, Happy Birthday! Well the humidity is fine at anything over 50% so that's not an issue. If it dips below that's not a problem either. Misting is good.

I'd try that and see if it brings your ph up. Do you have ph up? If so you can get the drained gallon to about 7 and see if that raises the ph in the tank. If it raises it a little but not enough you can do it again.

First, Happy Birthday! Well the humidity is fine at anything over 50% so that's not an issue. If it dips below that's not a problem either. Misting is good.

I'd try that and see if it brings your ph up. Do you have ph up? If so you can get the drained gallon to about 7 and see if that raises the ph in the tank. If it raises it a little but not enough you can do it again.

thanks alot man and yea i do have ph up so ill do that in a lil bit thanks for the info

update here is my plant it is 9 inches tall .. seems like everything is going well .. see a couple of leaves curling down just the tip though .. any suggestion ?

IMG_04828.JPG

a small brown spot is also on my plants looks small though

IMG_04834.JPG

hey whats up my fellow Deep Water Culture .. got a update ... plant is at least 9 and a half inches tall .. and i also change the res , i think i put to many nutes lol happens , but they are loving the fresh new water .. here is how they look in just a few hours ..
before
IMG_04847.JPG

after
IMG_04865.JPG

also when should i flower ? it been at least like 5 weeks already from seed but i still got some head space so idk .. thanks in advance

They look GREAT! :goodjob:

They will get 2 to 2-1/2 times bigger in flower, so if they haven't reached maturity yet, let them go if you have the room. You'll know they are mature when the nodes no longer alternate in pairs. See the index in Roseman's Tutorial, I believe he has pics.

Well TaDa! The plant responded well to the lower nutes I see! Normally I'd tell you to wait for alternating leaves but I have no idea what is going on under that leaf mass! Pehaps you might want to move the light up to get a little intentional stretching. Also looks like a good candidate for topping.

They look GREAT! :goodjob:

They will get 2 to 2-1/2 times bigger in flower, so if they haven't reached maturity yet, let them go if you have the room. You'll know they are mature when the nodes no longer alternate in pairs. See the index in Roseman's Tutorial, I believe he has pics.

thanks man would help if you could give me a link cause i couldnt find it ..

Well TaDa! The plant responded well to the lower nutes I see! Normally I'd tell you to wait for alternating leaves but I have no idea what is going on under that leaf mass! Pehaps you might want to move the light up to get a little intentional stretching. Also looks like a good candidate for topping.

hmm might consider topping never did it though :) i am about to take some pictures under the plant so you guys can see ..

ok kinda hard to take pictures of this plant so freaking bushy lol .. i do see alot of nodes under the plant like lil ones some big ones ..

just fim it and gave the lil leaves to my dog ..ate it up real quick lol

Back
Top Bottom