Stealth grow box thoughts

Stakkur

Allrite so i have experimented a little with growing in stealth and i personally like sticking to stealth since that way you won't have cops or relatives bugging you about your choice of herbs.

I have a pair of closets that i really want to convert once i move out since i already got my silly ass busted with a stealth grow here i wont try till i got my own apt.

I have two(three) possible setups in mind for it.

1) A 500-800W HID system that encompasses both closets along with silent ventilation, a grand total of nearly 2000$ after shipping, taxes and all purchases i estimate, but should yield greatly and be a perpetual grow. (Estimating around 400g per harvest & harvest bimonthly)

2) A 250-500W CFL system that only uses a part of one or both closets, should cost about 300-500$ to set up. It should yield anywhere from 100g to 300g per harvest but wont be completely perpetual and harvest will be further spaced away.

Now for some specs of the closets.
They are both 190.7cm (75.1in) tall and 57.4cm(22.6in) deep. The wider one is 52.5cm(20.7in) wide while the narrower one is 46.2cm(18.2in) Giving me a total of 3,24 sqft in the bigger one and 2,85sqft in the smaller.

My thougths are if i go with setup 1 is to veg & clone in the smaller and house the ventilation systeum on a shelf in it's upper part and use the larget one for flower, but like stated i probably wont be going with that setup since it is far more expencive but i havent ruled it out yet.
Here i would be purchasing a fan along with a filter from a store to get top ventilation for the heat. My main concern here is would 250w HID ligths be enough and/or would 400w potentially be too much both due to potentially too much ligth and heat since i probably cant get a aircooled screen to fit in my small closets. Keeping in mind that 250w are significantly cheaper due to smaller fan and cheaper ballasts.

This setup also would require me to get another closet or some form of storage for my clothes and sheets making it stand out a bit more.

By using setup 2 i would be limiting the heigth of my grow to roughly 1m(40in) and constructing a small case inside the wider closet and using computer fans & home made carbon filter.
Here i am thinking of getting a pair of 125w or 200w CFL bulbs with one being 6500K and the other 2700K. The biggest pro of this setup is that its far cheaper to set up and is alot more stealthy since i'd use rockwool to soundproof the sides and top of the box to kill of any fan sounds and could keep my clothes in it too (got lots of junk to throw when i move).
The main cons are ofc significantly less yields total and that i'd need a external supply of clones/seeds to keep me going unless i'd make some kind of a mother room in the smaller closet which i would most likely do.

This brings me to my main questions:
  • Should fans push or pull air through a carbon filter ?
  • Would 2x 125w CFL be enough for 3.2sqft of area and 80cm of plant heigh?
  • Should i go bonkers and go with the HID setup ?

All walls would ofc be covered in mylar and apropriate measures made to ligthproof the closet would be made.

Any thoughts my good pepole ?

Peace :peace:

Back
Top Bottom