Stealth Grow greenhouse (cold frame) Autoflower, My first Thread please help :)

Nooney2205

Hey this is my first ever thread so please be nice :tokin:

Along with being my first thread this will also be my first grow so all if any info about anything will be greatly appreciated, i want to absorb as much information as possible :)

My ''Grand plan'' ha ha I will be going to amsterdam in early June with my girlfriend, wanting to bring back some beautiful bud but don't want the risk of getting caught, that wouldn't be too nice :p so i decided i'd try my hand at growing as i feel i have the facilities.

My choice of seeds that i would like to grow are all autoflowers (no haters) :) purely because it will be outdoors, flowering time is quick, multiple cycles per year, easy to conceal, pretty nice quality bud and i dont have to wait for the light cycle to change as it gets damn cold here in Ireland come the end of September start of October and i don't want yield or quality compromised. The strains are as follows :

Lowryder II , Snow Ryder and Easy Ryder (AK47 x Lowryder II)

After hours of research these just seemed to suit me perfectly (If anyone has had any experience with any of these strains I would love to hear how you got on) grow, smoke etc :)

Grow Set Up :

+ Plastic cold frame greenhouse
+ 4 x 2 gallon pots
+ High quality potting soil mixed with clean sand, perlite and vermaculite
+ Blood fish and bone mix for nutrients

I already have my greenhouse set up and use it for growing bonsai, I have noticed that a large amount of condensation builds up and am worried about humidity, today for example it was 23° C (73° F) 55% and tonight it is 9° C (48.2 F) 86 %. Bud rot is a major concern for me.

I plan on cutting two vent holes in the roof and one intake hole at the bottom, to allow fresh air to circulate through the greenhouse i plan on installing a small battery powered fan in the intake hole (Coleman Cool Window Fan) so that the air will rise through the greenhouse and out of the top vents. Do you think this will be enough to lower the humidity to an acceptable level ? If so could you suggest a guesstamation ha ha Is there anywhere that you think i might be going wrong ? I can not leave the door open for security reasons.

I also plan on attaching a mosquito net over all vents so that no unwanted insects can creep in, plus it will make it harder for anyone on the outside to see properly through the vents (security is an issue) ha ha

I also plan on washing the entire interior with a fungicide so hopefully that will help me keep the place sterile, do you think there are any other precautions i should take ?

Im almost sure i left something out but blazin and typing dont go well together so i'll make sure to update on anything I left out ;)

I can 100% guarantee that I will not drop this thread and it will be completed in its entirety, from setting up to germination to harvest and curing with a full smoke report for all of you :) it frustrates me when people show their whole grow but don't give a smoke report and weight at the end of harvest and I know i'm not the only one ha ha I will be dedicated to this thread till the very end.

I will also post pictures of my set up as soon as i can so that everyone knows what i am working with, and pictures of every single stage of my progress thereafter :Namaste:

Happy tokin, cant wait to get this started and have a discussion going.

Thank you,

Nooney2205

Welcome to the 420 forum. Be sure to read the rules and also all the info in How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine most, if not all of your questions will be answered there.

I didn't read your entire post however you seem like you're on the right path.

I would recommend looking into Solexx, it's a very nice material you can use for your greenhouse which is breathable and allows enough light through to work perfectly.

Also if you create holes I would recommend just starting off with the exhaust holes and seeing if negative pressure will keep things ideal.

Oh and be sure if your going to have an entire journal about this grow that you post in the Grow Journals - 420 Magazine section of the website.

Thank you for the response JJ Bones I'll definitely do some research on the solexx. I see your point, it would probably be best just to start off with the exhaust holes, no point having to cut extra holes in the greenhouse if its not needed and i can see how that goes.

Oh thanks I'll make sure to make a journal, I'll put a link on this page when i start to get things underway :) I just wrote this in the first place i found here that i could actually start a thread ha ha

This is great, if anyone else has any info at all it will be greatly appreciated :high-five:

Welcome to 420 neighbor! (Im an Englishman, but dont hold it against me ;) )

I did read your entire post. i didnt see mention of co2 managment.
also if your humidity is condensing, you may want to try a condensation trap as a quick cheap method of reducing humidity.

wild-water002.jpg

cheap and cheerful method of extracting water from air.

Hi GiGaBaNE, I wont hold anything against you, all tokers are equal :peacetwo:

Thanks for reading the whole post, i know it is a little long but i thought people would be able to work better with me if they have all the information I can give :)

Co2 management ? would making vents not cover that problem or are there additional requirements ?

Thanks for the response, im going to post some photos of my set up now in a few minutes so everyone can know exactly what im working with ha ha

The greenhouse:

Cold_frame.JPG

There are going to be two 2 gallon pots on either side, hopefully the ryders will just reach the second shelf:

4_2gal_pots_on_either_side.JPG

This is where i want to put the roof vent:

Where_i_will_be_putting_a_vent_in_the_roof.JPG

My Temperature and Humidity meter:

Temp_and_Humidity_meter.JPG

Do you think the nutritional value in the blood fish and bone mix are adequate ?

Nutritional_value_of_blood_fish_and_bone.JPG

Thanks again everyone ;)

Awh thank you I'll definitely look into the carbon, see what i can find out :)

sorry to be noob-ish but how do i put the pictures into the gallery or display them properly ?

Thanks GiGaBaNE

lmfao im in so much hysterics right now. (been smoking for about 20 minuits)
im on my way up and i have just got the giggles.

im currently smoking this unknown species.
GEDC00161.JPG

anyways. i looked at your greenhouse, which is fantastic btw!
then i had the thought to ask, what are you doing about lighting, then i instantly had this vision and i couldnt stop laughing.

here is the vision. i refer to 00:30 - 00:40
YouTube - Saving Grace [Part 4]

Love that film!

i know a fair bit, but im on my first grow.

I started totally unprepared. i just happened to find some seeds in a batch i purchesed (a very rare find in my area)

the fact that some germinated was even rarer as most seeds that are found are sterile too (Dont think the suppliers my social circle use like the idea of no longer being needed, lol)

i had no nutes, ph testers, co2 equip. nada.
and to top it off the car had recently broke, then broke again we gave up and bought a replacement car. pushed us into the red, so my buget was crisis.

First week of their life was spent clawing at the sky, begging for life as they were only being fed by a single 30 watt incandecent light bulb in some random soil and a pete pot left over my one of my kids school project.
:party:

Awh the poor baby, did she survive in the end ?

Just went out and had a look at the humidity meter in my greenhouse, the whole front panel is wide open because i was trying to experiment with getting rid of humidity.

+ Temp 6.5° C (43° F)
+ Humidity 90 %

I know grey mold would take over my plants if i put them into this environment.

Someone Please Please Help me figure this one out :passitleft:

hmm just had an idea.
right if you used a heat source inside the greenhouse when the temprature is that low, you would cause the moisture to condense on the walls.

if you try to put a piece of plastic sheet underneath that is slighly ramped to cause run off, not only would you prevent ground moisure rising into the green house, the moisture would drop inside because your transporting it out.

might work ;)

Subbed for this one! Check out my grow close to harvest on 2 easyryders and 1 snowryder

oh mate i got bud envy

mine are around 3 weeks old on saturday (didnt track start day)
they looking pretty thin and stretched. if i re-pot, how much of the stem can i bury in the soil to aid its ability to stand up when it gets heavy.

GEDC0082.JPG

halfway through your journal, gotta goto work =/

oh mate i got bud envy

mine are around 3 weeks old on saturday (didnt track start day)
they looking pretty thin and stretched. if i re-pot, how much of the stem can i bury in the soil to aid its ability to stand up when it gets heavy.

GEDC0082.JPG

halfway through your journal, gotta goto work =/

Hi my friend. :)

The more you cover the stem with soil, the better the root system will be. Roots will grow from the stem. It will seem like no growth for a few days until it catches up. :)

Awh the poor baby, did she survive in the end ?

Just went out and had a look at the humidity meter in my greenhouse, the whole front panel is wide open because i was trying to experiment with getting rid of humidity.

+ Temp 6.5° C (43° F)
+ Humidity 90 %

I know grey mold would take over my plants if i put them into this environment.

Someone Please Please Help me figure this one out :passitleft:

Hi there! :)

I have no idea how to get rid of that kind of humidity. Is it summer there ?
Seems awfully cold. ;)

Back
Top Bottom