Stealth grow heat issue - Help please

aspiegeek

Hey all. I'd be grateful for some help.

I'm growing 2 CANDIDA plants in a modified wardrobe. I have 2 clip fans, 1 intake fan and a exhaust with carbon filter. Its in my office which is the coldest room in the house plus away from where most people visit.

But I'm having heating issues.

I went for a basic grow in Soil and CFL lights.

I have 1 big 200W dual light with reflector+ 3x 45w smaller lights although I don't have them on at this stage all the time.

My big problem is the big 200W bulb is kicking out a fair amount of heat! It's getting upto 32c at times.

I also have a passive intake let. The hot air exhaust I have out the window although I can't do this at all times as people will see it.

The minimum temp I can get it down too is 27C but I have to keep a close eye on it all the time.

I'll upload some pics of my setup shortly see if anyone has some suggestions.

I can't really add a AC unit as the room often gets too cold!

Often placing 2 frozen 2 litre bottles in front of your intake can drop the temps a bit, are you able to do something along those lines?

aspiegeek.309389

Some pics of my plants. Do they look ok? I’ve never grown anything in my life. I’ve read up a lot and went for this plants as there high in CBD which helps me loads with my anxiety but can’t afford to keep buying the vape oil so wanted to try making my own

I tried lifting the big light up a bit more but don’t want it to not be effective?

724A39A3-91CC-465B-920E-F254669402E5.jpeg
9F3A5BAC-95F3-4EEF-9884-3AE96968F27E.jpeg
8536F9DC-BBD2-4DCF-8BE0-11DCA9420FCD.jpeg
0714706E-3737-4BD4-A11C-2E84083ECDF9.jpeg
7A8F77E6-79FB-404A-B161-F0F865248851.jpeg
50D36F26-C7BB-4B4F-8206-7FC4082FB45D.jpeg

Sometimes i have found that your clip on fans can move hot air around and make it worse, if you have a nearby window put your intake near it so it constantly sucks in cold air.

Also you want your intake to be as low to the bottom of the plants as possible, if your 4 inch intake is the red black orchid fan its to high, you want it close to the middle of the pots as possible.

Sometimes i have found that your clip on fans can move hot air around and make it worse, if you have a nearby window put your intake near it so it constantly sucks in cold air.

Also you want your intake to be as low to the bottom of the plants as possible, if your 4 inch intake is the red black orchid fan its to high, you want it close to the middle of the pots as possible.

ah ok maybe that's where I'm going wrong then! As your correct the little black orchid fan is my inlet. I'll get the drill out again and make a hole further down. I'm running my duct with hot air blowing out the window for as many hours as pos. but I do have to close it at night (lights off tho at night so not such a big deal as not as hot.

Can't put lights on at night as it all makes to much noise I'd never get to sleep lol

I'm bit concerned by making holes When it comes to flower time that they'll allow the room to stink. But I have got my carbon filter hooked up and can get a external air carbon filter.

I'm trying to keep it as stealth as pos as don't want family or nosy neighbours finding out

Yeah if you move it down it should work great, my first flowering box was the same setup as yours, for stealth i do say blackout your room if you can while running the lights and find any gaps that have light leaking through them, i did this when i had my first frow box, this also helps where there is light gaps there could also be smell leaks through them, great setup!

Yeah if you move it down it should work great, my first flowering box was the same setup as yours, for stealth i do say blackout your room if you can while running the lights and find any gaps that have light leaking through them, i did this when i had my first frow box, this also helps where there is light gaps there could also be smell leaks through them, great setup!

Awesome thanks for pointing it out. I’ve now moved it to the bottom of it and at mo temp is much lower hopefully will stay that way.
D6EB7622-3EA2-4E71-92D5-ABC0B9A3C015.jpeg
F37782A3-DB32-478F-A835-217D2F39E4F8.jpeg
597636AA-4CEA-490A-93EE-DAB616C4576A.jpeg

Hi spiegeek
Thats a smart little set up you got there.now you got those temps down, see if you can get the cfl bulbs nice and close to the plants.
Put your hand between bulb and plant, then get the bulbs as close to your hand withuot hurting..
Looking good bud.

Hi spiegeek
Thats a smart little set up you got there.now you got those temps down, see if you can get the cfl bulbs nice and close to the plants.
Put your hand between bulb and plant, then get the bulbs as close to your hand withuot hurting..
Looking good bud.

Hey :) thanks, think a tent would of been way less work tho lol when I get a bigger place I'll get a tent, but for now if I can grow a couple of plants I'll be happy. Really grateful for any help tho as complete novice! Ok so the big 200w lamp how close should I have that? It runs hotter than the little 45w bulbs. Am I correct in thinking I'm ok just using the 200w dual whilst in veg? When I flip to flower I'll then add another 3x 45w bulbs which I'm hoping will increase my yield? Any advise would be awesome

Hi spiegeek
Looking good bud.

So moved lights nearer. Does that look better now? Temps upto 27/28c with all my lights on but that's still ok right?
B156CC6B-2FE0-4AF6-9784-AFA60FFFD453.jpeg
8E6402C5-7D63-43CB-8182-5E7198774938.jpeg
8B3D3121-52FA-41CE-B1D8-8584B3087D85.jpeg
F37782A3-DB32-478F-A835-217D2F39E4F8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom