Stealth grow? What size fans & filters for rooms

BigTrees

Hello there fellow gardeners first time grower here. what would one need to do if they where going to build 2 grow rooms onto their garage ( each room is 1.90m width X 2.70m length X 2.5m height). vented into the floor. Each room will be separated and each will contain 8 plants. What can be done about the smell? been reading up about carbon filters onto the exhaust, will using a good carbon filter stop a nosey neighbour from smelling something?

If carbon filters will do the job, what size carbon filters and Fans would be needed for each room containing that many plants? what brand would you recommend?

heard rhino carbon filters are the best? been reading people have been putting ona gel in their exhaust ducting to help eliminate odours passing through, also read that someone was growing 200plants and stood near their exhaust and couldn't smell a thing, I hope this is true :)

Thinking of using either Fluorescent T5 lights or LEDS to keep the heat down, which ones do you recommend? And how many will I need for the size rooms that are on build,I don't have all the money in the world but I don't want to buy poop.

Thinking of buying winter Jasmine and butterfly bush for the garden to help mask the smell if there is one.

Any help would be grately appreciated, Thanks

Just some thoughts...

I'm curious about "vented into the floor." So where will the skunky herbal vapors actually emerge from the garage? I ask because it seems like if you could vent them up high through an inconspicuous vent pipe, you'd be that much closer to solving any odor problem.

Smelly flowers in the garden sound like a good idea.

My reading indicates that LEDs are more efficient = less heat, but T5s may well cost less per lumen.

Hello there fellow gardeners first time grower here. what would one need to do if they where going to build 2 grow rooms onto their garage ( each room is 1.90m width X 2.70m length X 2.5m height). vented into the floor. Each room will be separated and each will contain 8 plants. What can be done about the smell? been reading up about carbon filters onto the exhaust, will using a good carbon filter stop a nosey neighbour from smelling something?

If carbon filters will do the job, what size carbon filters and Fans would be needed for each room containing that many plants? what brand would you recommend?

heard rhino carbon filters are the best? been reading people have been putting ona gel in their exhaust ducting to help eliminate odours passing through, also read that someone was growing 200plants and stood near their exhaust and couldn't smell a thing, I hope this is true :)

Thinking of using either Fluorescent T5 lights or LEDS to keep the heat down, which ones do you recommend? And how many will I need for the size rooms that are on build,I don't have all the money in the world but I don't want to buy poop.

Thinking of buying winter Jasmine and butterfly bush for the garden to help mask the smell if there is one.

Any help would be grately appreciated, Thanks
Length x width x height that will give you how many cfm you'll need. Fem is the amount of air exchange. Once you have your cfm figured out you can search for fans and filters. The Size of your room determines the size of fan you will need.

I got the vent to the floor idea from "Barry Cooper never get busted" dvd on YouTube.

He says venting to the floor will lessen the chances of the hot air being seen on a passing helicopter camera.

Am I best of venting from the roof? The grow rooms roof height is 8 foot tall so that's how far up the Vent would be.

The grow rooms are going to be completely sealed off from the garage. Basically two grow sheds made out of Wood, sealed up air tight with tents inside

It sounds like you have competing priorities, diluting the smell and reducing your infrared signature. Maybe the best way to avoid aerial scans is just to move the shed under a tree? I have heard about a grow getting busting because an outbuilding had no snow on the roof... I'm just wondering how suspicious/odd/out-of-place your little sheds are going to look to the neighbors. Will they look at them and say, "What's he building in there?" ;) What's he building in there?

The grow sheds wouldn't look that suspicious to the neighbours as it will look like an extension to the garage.

The garage does have heat in there anyway, a radiator / fire etc as it's used as a gym and car storage, the garage is approximately 30foot long by 16 foot wide, it's warm in there all year round temperatures reaching about 26 degrees, in the summer it has gone to over 30 degrees because of the walls having insulation and plasterboard etc, the grow sheds how ever are not going to be insulated they will be made from 18mm plywood weatherproofed by half inch tung n groove log roll.

What am I best off doing, I have all the timber here, how would yous build it? What lights would you use for the size rooms? Am I worried to much about the heat signature? What would you do about the smell coming out the exhaust or wouldnt there be one if using a rhino pro carbon filter ??

Thanks for the reply, I'm just trying to get as much knowledge as I can so I can stay safe as possible

What lights would you use for the size rooms? Am I worried to much about the heat signature? What would you do about the smell coming out the exhaust or wouldnt there be one if using a rhino pro carbon filter ??

I'll leave the question about the lights to someone else. If the sheds are attached to a heated garage, it doesn't seem like they'd stand out very much. If you wanted to be super stealth, you could put a second roof on top of them that has free air circulation underneath so the second roof is at the same temperature as the air. But that's probably James Bond overkill. ;)

The only carbon filters I have ever used are in my aquarium and on my kitchen stove, but according to what I have read here and elsewhere, they really do work.

Back
Top Bottom